Bosses and uniques

Can we please add some loot tables to bosses?

I think it would be cool if every boss in the game, had a unique or two themed after him/her, with a decent chance of dropping. Act/area bosses while leveling would of course drop level appropriate leveling uniques, while map bosses would start dropping some better, build-enabling uniques.

I think this would incentivize more boss-runs, especially during leveling. It would also make leveling more fun.

The unique situation in PoE is a mess, and needs some structure. Yes, most (if not all of them) are being power-creeped into oblivion by influenced rares, but a better table-system would still be cool. The idea of farming Merveil 5-6 times during leveling (for a chance) of getting that awesome Merveil-themed unique that would excell my build for a decent amount of levels would be really cool.

We only see this at guardian levels (or end bosses), and those uniques aren't even always themed after the boss that drops them.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 26, 2021, 7:24:39 AM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2021, 3:35:11 PM
It won't. Risk - reward, for this boss specific loot to have any value there must be gates to these bosses the same way the Shaper and Elder are gated.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
It won't. Risk - reward, for this boss specific loot to have any value there must be gates to these bosses the same way the Shaper and Elder are gated.

Don't care about value, I care about usefulness, especially while leveling. Not just for us experienced players, but for new players as well. Experienced players would - in 9/10 situations - rush though anyhow.

I get the time/risk investment at higher levels. The power/value of an item can be scaled higher if there's more time/danger involved in getting it. But my suggestion was aimed more at leveling, to introduce a few aimed boss runs. There's so many bosses out there, that ALL builds would have a boss or two they could farm a few times at a chance of dropping that unique that would make the next ten levels more fun.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
You can already craft leveling items. Or buy the needed uniques for an alch.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You can already craft leveling items. Or buy the needed uniques for an alch.

Yes, crafting and trading are always better than the excitement of a good drop suiting your build.
Excitement that will last for about a couple of hours.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Most items have intrinsic value, even if you are ignoring that intrinsic value because you only care about trade value.

If Kaom's Heart only dropped from Kaom (the map version), but nowhere else in the game, the total number of Kaom's Hearts could even be kept the same while giving the ability to target farm for it.

Not sure it's a good idea, but certainly at least one worth considering.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I like the idea and would love to see this happen but from what i gathered from interviews with Chis and other GGG stuff they don't want to go down that route. Everything should drop everywhere even if the chances are minuscule and you can't farm for it specifically. No clue why they are so opposed to target farming but it is what it is.
The problems:

Trading would make it pointless.

Uniques are either OP or trash. There is no other option in much of the player's minds.

This already semi-exists in the game. League specific uniques, and the influences.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 26, 2021, 8:54:09 AM
Poe is no longer about finding items... It's only trade and craft. Double influenced items and Harvest crafts are ruining the game. Everything is devalued besides Headhunter and some very rare replica items.

Even when you kill a big boss, the best thing you can find is a fucking currency for crafting(Maven's orb, awakened Orb...), again... At least we still have watcher eyes on Elder...

I have no clue about the long term vision of the game from GGG. Poe 2 will be a giant "hit" or "miss". I'm scared for the future of this game honestly!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info