Bosses and uniques

Yep. I dont like the "craft" aspect at all. It was fine before as a rng spin and currency sink on trade leagues to get insane mirror items but at least u had value or possible value on every drop item. Rn the only worth u can find being self found or trade league are bases. Harvest made possible for me to have gear that I would never afford to pay or craft before but in my opinion it needs to go or at least be severly nerfed so only the qol and gamble things remain.

So nerf harvest to oblivion OR make it tradable so at least everyone have a better qol time. Rn its not fun to interrupt ur mapping to force craft something or being on a discord and get eventually scammed.
I like crafting and I'd hate to see this attitude about "rng and currency sinks are fun" permeate the game just for its own sake.

They are fun if you don't have a job or a family or other social responsibilities and can spend 12 hours a day grinding or have a huge clan to tap into to cover your ass when you vaal your 100 ex item and get trash back that you can't even wear anymore so you're running around without shoes or gloves.

Same way Vegas is fun for people who can afford to lose thousands.

I don't begrudge you the freedom to go to Vegas and gamble away those thousands; they're your thousands, and your affair. Just let me have some structured crafting so I can improve my own situation to where I can then afford to lose thousands if I chose (I personally don't find it fun taking capital risks; I would turn over the profit into another project, another base, another build.)

On-topic: Target farming is a thing in other games, and because these other games have balanced economies or closed economies or whatever, almost every boss or instance or content has some EV for somebody. Usually though it's because in a closed economy, you can't trade or auction your drops from X boss, you have to farm it yourself.

Because PoE is an open economy and balance swings wildly and unstably from quarter to quarter, target farming (especially limited access instances such as maps) stands to create temporary shortages of maps. We see this in the few instances where target farming is necessary - hideouts. As these drop only from a specific map, that map gets hoarded, price-fixed, etc. until the saturation point is reached. Don't believe me? Just try to lay hands on a Primordial Blocks map for less than 20x what it normally commanded in previous leagues.

Nobody wants to farm Acts for uniques anymore, because they get no xp for it, and the item level of drops would be too low for them to get certain corrupts they want, or even get the max number of sockets/links. Imagine a GG unique chest or 2H dropping only from Brutus or Piety, and then trying to 6L it without having the delve crafts for it.

So yeah although specific boss droptables sound elegant and flavourful on paper, they suck for actual gameplay.

Not to mention that balance I mentioned earlier - if your build is fairly equally capable of, and at ease in, fiddly small-room maps like Cells or Maze as it is in open maps like Beach or Canyons, then it shouldn't be a problem to limit Drop A to Tileset A or Unique B to Boss B.

But that's not the rule, it's the exception. Most builds do far better in open maps because they can scale AOE very cheaply, whereas doors, hallways, and tight spaces give most builds a migraine. Imagine now that you allocate all the good stuff in the small, warren-like spaces maps, and bosses like Fake Brutus and NotShavronne drop all the chase uniques whereas open field maps and bosses get trash to force the average player to suffer through door-ception for any useful drop.

You just end up making players cranky and loathing the target farming experience all the more, while the market availability of good gear doesn't really improve.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info