[3.14] HoWA CI Jugg – Resurrected, Again. Wild Strike Edition. (Maven & All Maven Battles)

"
d1sasterMan wrote:

I've been thinking about it a bit, have you considered using Stormrider Boots(new Ritual base)? I know it's an evasion base, but they do grant lightning damage per accuracy which we happen to get "for free". I took your two-toned boots in PoB, replaced base with the Stormrider Boots, and it seemed like a damage boost. I know it's small, but I wanted to hear your opinion.

Can be worth it in general if you can get a decent pair, and if you want to exchange some ES for damage. I was looking at them too but dropped the idea since I figured I would spend a lot of currency trying to get decent rolls on them for what is effectively a trade-off for me if they have no Tailwind. And most importantly, I like big ES numbers too much and was thinking of crafting them with Essences of Woes lmao. I'll add the base to the boots section in case someone wants to go through with crafting them, since they would be really good.

In your case I think they're a good idea because crafting endgame items in SSF/small private leagues is harder in general. The implicit itself is already very good.

Also glad to hear it's working in SSF/with a small group too!
Last edited by kriell on Feb 27, 2021, 7:17:43 PM
I am quite interested in giving HOWA CI jugg a shot. I have been messing around with traditional Molten Strike and really like the playstyle, but hate the lack of dps. Found
today, and was wondering if the life leech aspect of the ring helps with energy shield recovery with the Ghost Reaver notable.
Last edited by pvb32978 on Feb 28, 2021, 1:05:27 AM
"
pvb32978 wrote:
I am quite interested in giving HOWA CI jugg a shot. I have been messing around with traditional Molten Strike and really like the playstyle, but hate the lack of dps. Found
today, and was wondering if the life leech aspect of the ring helps with energy shield recovery with the Ghost Reaver notable.

Afaik, only effects that give you #% life leech work with GR. Other life leech modifiers do not, like total recovery ones. If you want to scale GR leech outside just #% damage leeched as life (ES) mods, you have to invest in ES leech specifically.

I'm not sure how much of a DPS increase HoWA Molten Strike will be as it's been a long time since I've played a life-based Molten Strike build or looked into them. I'd advise you to check it out in PoB first with what kind of gear you have planned.
It is about triple the dps, but I would be going wild strike, I think the clear looks worlds better. While I find molten strike very satisfying, your wild strike build seems better on every level and at this point in the league I am just here to try out new builds to see what I might start with next league. Thanks for the reply on the ring...I was thinking the same thing but wasn't 100%.
Yeah, fair enough! This should work decently on a budget too near league start. Unless we somehow get nerfed directly or indirectly again...

Added some mapping too in the form of a 100% T16 Delirium map clear to the vids now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PKICPjzPo). In normal maps the Wild Strike beams just oneshot packs.
Last edited by dan166 on Mar 11, 2021, 2:33:45 PM
Hi, is there any way to make use of EE keystone ? That s always the 1st thing comes to my mind when dealing ele dmg.
"
dan166 wrote:
Hey man just wanted to say thank you for this build guide.

Was searching for a tanky Jugg without the Abyssus crap :) Im currently running this build with 5.7 k ES but it still feels really good.

Glad to hear it's working for you!

"
bryanking wrote:
Hi, is there any way to make use of EE keystone ? That s always the 1st thing comes to my mind when dealing ele dmg.

While Wild Strike may sound appealing for EE at first glance, you cannot really utilize EE effectively here. Most importantly, we focus purely on the Lightning Hit from Wild Strike in this build, so forgoing that would already result in a very different build. We also attack so fast (4+ APS) that there really is no way to use something else to proc EE for every hit. Multi Strike makes this even more impossible, as all hits from the same attack that Multi Strike then repeats will use the same Wild Strike element even if you have all 3 enabled.
Last edited by kriell on Mar 6, 2021, 3:57:55 PM
1)For the luxury jewels, is it still worth using those that have all 4 explicit mods but come with useless implicit mod for this build (like increased dmg over time, instead of increased dmg while holding shield) ?

2)Can we handle reflect/EE maps? Didn't see u mention this.

3)I find it quite annoying to use Natural affinity, not because of the slow debuff, but because it makes it hard to attack enemies since it prevent us from auto targeting nearest mob. How did u solve this problem ?
Last edited by bryanking on Mar 8, 2021, 10:25:18 AM
"
bryanking wrote:
1)For the luxury jewels, is it still worth using those that have all 4 explicit mods but come with useless implicit mod for this build (like increased dmg over time, instead of increased dmg while holding shield) ?

2)Can we handle reflect/EE maps? Didn't see u mention this.

3)I find it quite annoying to use Natural affinity, not because of the slow debuff, but because it makes it hard to attack enemies since it prevent us from auto targeting nearest mob. How did u solve this problem ?

1) With good affix rolls, they could be still okay but I wouldn't go for it. You should check out your build in PoB and simply compare how much % DPS you'd lose (or gain) by changing some skill points around for the Cluster Jewels. I dropped Trickery and Assassination and the nodes leading up to them, as well as Precision.

They're just there for when you have otherwise finished the build, as an excess currency dump. So it's better to just save currency for the big ones if you're at the point where you're buying them anyway. Otherwise it's best to focus on e.g. getting better rings or a better Watcher's Eye.

2) EE is fine, it's just lower damage after all. For reflect you'd need to get 100% reduced reflect damage and I just don't bother. I'd only do it if you really needed (solo) Atziri kill credit since you'd need skill tree changes too and an item. For maps, no reflect is no go.

3) I didn't use it this league, really. I just have it on right now because I'm testing it and I don't like it. It's free damage and damage reduction if you can deal with the annoying downside(s) but I don't want to personally. Build works great without it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info