What the? Hidden Invitation....

Okay, my build does everything with ease.
Witness breach bosses. Open Hidden. One shot. Portal 6 times. One shot. Do it again, scour this time. One shot all the way through 6 portals. Remove all watchstones, witness again, open scoured. One shot (even worse really).

How is this right? The bosses are all dead within 0.0001 second when witnessing. The invitation, they take like 2% as much damage and they one shot the entire arena. Running around staying away from them doesn't help at all either. All flasks active, getting one shot like I had 10 life.

Build: 12M dps, 5700 ES. 54% evade, plus block, dodge... (And all resistances including chaos are capped ofc too)

Elder and Shaper guardian invitations were easy too. I guess I won't even try the remaining 3 uncharted invitations anymore before I'm lv 100 with 200ex into the build and 70M dps........

It's fine when it's hard and challenging as in takes little damage, need to learn the arena and the bosses. But getting one shot on a very decent build from out of screen with the entire arena blowing up with no mods and no Awakening Level......is just NOT fine. Specially when we can't see numbers or combat log and we are just instantly dead with NO IDEA what happened..

PS. One of my flasks is the wise oak (has +res) so resistance penetration can't be the issue unless these bosses have huge pen. I don't think it's reflect either (if they had it) or I wouldn't be one shot while running around just trying to stay alive.

So, what the? Is there some trick I'm missing here? Or is it just one shoot them before they one shoot you?
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2021, 5:11:01 PM
I haven't oneshot by breachlord. But the fight is fighting pure brachstone version x 4 (or even harder)

The problem other people facing is the monster AOE overlapping
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Normal breachstones are monster level 70.

Mavens invitations are monster level 83

They are scaled up massively.

This is also why elder/shaper guards are not much harder as invitations. Because the normal versions are already level 80+. They dont get scaled up much (or at all in the case of shaper guards)
Not only monster level

Snow Clock and other AOE skill of the breachlords cover each other so that you have no place to hide / dodge
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Are few things.

1) Breachlords get scaled up to level 83, compared to their normal versions who are 70+ that's a massive scaling difference, in fact, aside from Chayula even their pure breachstone versions don't compare, and you aren't fighting them one at a time.

2) The Hidden is easily the second hardest, if not the hardest of the invitations, i guess that depends a lot on the build. The feared are tough but everything they do can be dodged manually. In the hidden, if Tul and Esh start using their AOE attacks together there is no way you won't get hit.

3) There are 2 ways of killing them. The first is to abuse the fact that they are realeased one after the other. You have to kill the first 2 before the other get released. Especially make sure that Esh and Tul are not in the arena at the same time if you can help it. With 12 million DPS you should be able to pull this off normally assuming it's a realistic DPS and not the kind of "i ticked everything in POB and that's my dps" kind of DPS. The other is having a build with enough EHP and sustain to survive all 4 of them for extended periods of time. That's not something any build can do though and your's certainly can't so you have to rely on version 1
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Are few things.

1) Breachlords get scaled up to level 83, compared to their normal versions who are 70+ that's a massive scaling difference, in fact, aside from Chayula even their pure breachstone versions don't compare, and you aren't fighting them one at a time.

2) The Hidden is easily the second hardest, if not the hardest of the invitations, i guess that depends a lot on the build. The feared are tough but everything they do can be dodged manually. In the hidden, if Tul and Esh start using their AOE attacks together there is no way you won't get hit.

3) There are 2 ways of killing them. The first is to abuse the fact that they are realeased one after the other. You have to kill the first 2 before the other get released. Especially make sure that Esh and Tul are not in the arena at the same time if you can help it. With 12 million DPS you should be able to pull this off normally assuming it's a realistic DPS and not the kind of "i ticked everything in POB and that's my dps" kind of DPS. The other is having a build with enough EHP and sustain to survive all 4 of them for extended periods of time. That's not something any build can do though and your's certainly can't so you have to rely on version 1

I managed to kill 3 of them once and two the other time. (none the third with A0). The lightning one seems to be the one that whenever it decides to kill me I'm just dead. I don't know. It's still too much imo.
You mentioned make sure esh and tul are not there together. Can you influence which ones are released first?
Unfortunately you can't it's just RNG. If Esh and Tul are the first to be released take one of them out asap then you should be somewhat fine afterwards.

If you get them down to just one remaining you should be able to finish it normally. Maybe practise a bit against normal/pure breachlords to learn their mechanics. Both Tul and Esh aren't that dangerous on their own, but together they are deadly because their mechanics require different kinds of movement, dodging one usually means running into the other to some degree.
For this fight, you need an anti-freeze flask for Tul's barrage, and corrupted blood immunity for Uul-Netol.

If running the invitation white, breach lords damage is not that great, I did them with 3k hp and 1-2 mil dps as pathfinder, by running around the arena for 5 minutes. Used like 4 portals though.

For Shaper & Friends I recommend hiring a carry, because that fight is even harder, and Cortex map is not cheap.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Feb 22, 2021, 6:45:11 PM
"
Build: 12M dps, 5700 ES. 54% evade, plus block, dodge... (And all resistances including chaos are capped ofc too)

You are missing a basic understanding of defensive layers. Typical for Softcore Peeps: Call out your dps first. As if that matters when you´re dead. Evade means you already have not much physical mitigation, am I right? What about further elemental reduction? Less damage taken? reduced damage taken? fortify? Regen/Life leech?

Thinking that a bit of ES and a bit of block will help you out is just too short for endgame content. And no, it is not about putting 200ex into a build. You can literally do it on a 100c budget if you know how to build your defensive capabilities correctly. What is your EhP for elemental? Check those. I have (okay, its a 400ex build so far, but I did it way earlier as well...) 2.2MILLION Elemental ehp. I can literally wait til all 4 of those are spawned and facetank them. You need to revisit your build and your defense-concept.
"
DeathfulDan wrote:

5700 ES. 54% evade, plus block, dodge... (And all resistances including chaos are capped ofc too)

This is good for white maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info