I am so ANGRY that Diablo 4 has turned out to be a D3 Clone for illiterate people.

"
torturo wrote:

From what we've seen up to this point, it's reskinned D3 over and over.
Darker and grittier in appearance, but with nearly identical mechanics and gameplay features, same streamlined character development.

Way I see it Blizz's mindset is "you want more D2 we have the remastered version, you want more d3 then d4 is in the pipe".

Sadly, some of us just wanted some form of evolved D2 with very little of d3 in its DNA and we will be getting the shaft for sure.
Second-class poe gamer
Yup, they just want to milk both target groups.
And at the end the franchise carrier will be the streamlined version. The casual friendly cash generator.

But who am I to judge them, money is money. Just being sad I won't be on that boat, and I wanted to.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Feb 24, 2021, 7:15:33 AM
D3 was easily the best arpg I ever played. First two months or so before they nerfed things. Borrowing from Wow and less from D2 you got Bad ass combat from start to finish every pack...that is if you could finish. Most cried about AH which didnt even exist yet. Or about rares/blues being better than uniques. Or Act 3 gear doesnt drop until act 4. Pretty much any hit was a one shot and elites were faster than u so you couldnt run...And teamwork was almost required so I joined a clan like everyone else who beat game. I hope d4 is just like Original inferno d3...game was ruined very quickly though. Like this one has been in trying to appeal to masses. Blow up screens pick up items rinse repeat so you can do three screens at a time later derp. I almost rather watch grass grow.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2021, 11:23:53 PM
D3 was kinda for illiterate people too, no?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
In fairness, D4 is probably 2-3 years away from release so we should not judget this soon. Once an open BETA happens, then you can be worried.

In the meantime, D2 BABY WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!!!!
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
I'm with you. It's been so long, and I'm so old that D2 will basically be a new experience all over again. "Take my money"
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
D3 was kinda for illiterate people too, no?

I remember the D3 forum thread "describe D3 in one word", I thought "dumbkidsgame" was the best :).
obey - consume - marry and reproduce - submit - watch t.v. - trust the internet - conform - do not question authority - sleep - buy - do not think - die

Force always attracts men of low morality. - Albert Einstein
I hope it's more like D3 than D2. As in, not centered around an economy necessarily.

How I think they should do this, and this is a way they could please everyone is, you select pick your character, then softcore or hardcore, and then also select self found, or trader. Self found characters have a separate stash/shared stash as well, and instanced looting that only they can see. It's a simple choice, you choose to take part in the economy, or not. I think the community would be split on this, and that's fine. Everyone can still team together. If it turns out trading is more efficient even for the average player, and not the mega-marketing flipper, then it will end up pretty lopsided.

I preferred D3's Loot 2.0 to loot 1.0. I prefer instanced looting and no trading, and find/craft your own gear with realistically attainable drop rates preferable to "economies".
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 10, 2021, 10:45:09 AM
What did they show and where?
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info