[3.??] juju's exBest CoC'k Ice Nova Build ||| CI / GB / Max Block ||| exGOD TIER BUILD...!!!

"
Khornet7 wrote:
Poacher's Mark on ring does seem to fix the single-target mana issues, but it prevents us from applying our hextouched frostbite curse, which further butchers boss DPS.
So it kind of "needs" a source of double-curse, which means either 3 skill points wasted on Whispers of Doom (since we touch its node on the CI build) or another expensive item in the budget.
Maybe putting Mana Leech Support somewhere is a better idea...?

As for any potential squishiness problems I think there's no way around it other than investing into some armor for % physical damage reduction. Granite flask is a good start for that 20%~25% base.

You'll need to get an awakened hextouch levelled up to benefit from both, or anoint Whispers of Doom instead of Tranq, I guess.
"
jaypeeeee wrote:
"
Khornet7 wrote:
Poacher's Mark on ring does seem to fix the single-target mana issues, but it prevents us from applying our hextouched frostbite curse, which further butchers boss DPS.
So it kind of "needs" a source of double-curse, which means either 3 skill points wasted on Whispers of Doom (since we touch its node on the CI build) or another expensive item in the budget.

As for any potential squishiness problems I think there's no way around it other than investing into some armor for % physical damage reduction. Granite flask is a good start for that 20%~25% base.

You'll need to get an awakened hextouch levelled up to benefit from both, or anoint Whispers of Doom instead of Tranq, I guess.

Oh yeah I forgot awakened hextouch gives +1 curse, I haven't really invested into awakened gems yet... this also explains why the guide lists Assassin's Mark on a ring.
As for allocating WoD it seems like a waste of 3 gold oils, I'd rather respec from those 3 skill points eventually.
I simple solved all mana problems and dropped my flask of mana using, clarity -mana watchers, replica conquerors and elreon mod on ring -7, my skills from cospris simple dont cost mana and ice nova from chest only 8 mana, my does note even fall
Seems like there are more than enough solutions to the mana issues, but the problems still remain of mediocre single target damage at higher level content (at least at the gear levels of the average person in league right now) and survivability. I'm not too far progressed right now but can already see the life version having issues in both of these categories even with Pandemonius. I'm sure it gets better when switching to the CI/GB version, but based on some of the other comments so far, it sounds like it still falls off in both damage / survivability at A7/8.

Also I see in the level 88 CI/GB POB you have Ghost Reaver but unless I'm missing something I don't see where we're getting any life leech through any of our gear, gems, nor the tree itself.
"
jaypeeeee wrote:
"

I been running both COC Ice Nova and COC Ice Spear, both with mirror tier items, and what I figured out is this: Ice Spear is better for bosses, has more single target damage (~40%) and more survivability against bosses, but Ice Nova is better for mapping, delve and pretty much any content, even bosses, but compared to Ice spear single target DPS, still lacks a bit. I usually swap ice spear and greater multiple projectiles support with ice nova and frostbolt, depending what Im doing in game.

If you have a %crit armor and can drop the increased crit gem, you can run freezing pulse with ice spear instead, the clear felt very similar to nova when I tried that.

I'm starting to think the only way to effectively run CoC, since all the nerfs, is to go occultist, and maybe dropping the whole max block thing. With how hard some mobs/bosses are hitting these days with full juice, even taking 65% of that damage alot of the time is still enough to one-shot you.

I need the +2 to critical strike chance for spells and attacks, my build prioritized critical damage as the main DPS source.
"
jaypeeeee wrote:
"
Khornet7 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think awakened hextouch provides +1 extra curse anymore.
I think DPS scaling is simply building more crit multi. There is a good amount on the tree OP doesn't grab that is easy to get. Doom Cast, Throatseeker, Arcane Potency, Assassination. Maybe even throwing in a critical damage in cospris or the 6 link.

Cluster Jewel with Precise Retaliation might be decent too. There's another large jewel slot near Ci that wouldn't be too bad to pick up.
"
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think awakened hextouch provides +1 extra curse anymore.

oh this explains why the gem was so cheap... :D yeah this makes stuff harder too... i dont know man, getting too desperate to min/max this build again. Too much has changed, game feels shittier, too big/stupid nerfs...

hard times for me xD
CoC is unplayable anymore (at least can no longer do things with the same "simplicity" as before. This is a hallucinating whore. GGG truly destroyed one of the funniest concepts ever (and I honestly don't know what kind of frustration they suffered during the pandemic XD)). Peace
It works as intended.
Pretty funny that I followed this build right before seeing is nerfed and destroyed XD Time to drop even the standard then! :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info