Valheim is as wonderful as the reviews say

4 million after 20 days? There must be something cool about this one :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
4 million after 20 days? There must be something cool about this one :)

The obvious reason would be honeymoon reviews by hyped players that saw it played on streams or in y-tube recommendation videos.

Due to this games gated linear progression because of walking time,grinding you would spend easly 2h+ hours before writing a first review. Which is beyond the steam refund time.

But if players would instead test one of the main pillars of this game ,which is building , we would see more reviews mentioning that building in the current state is very unpolished/unprecise.

But people see this "early access" label and probably ignore it and think it maybe get better in the future. We will see if it gets better and what the dev(s) think about the current implementation.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Feb 24, 2021, 6:18:40 AM
How do you explain the "overwhelmingly positive" rating of nearly 100,000 reviews? Is it possible to get those if the game isn't overwhelmingly good? Are you suggesting the reviews are fake? lol

Of course it's going to be a little unpolished -- it hasn't been released yet!
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Feb 24, 2021, 10:20:55 AM
It is EA and it runs good for what it is. I get it, people like it.

Im just saying that im personally not very fond of the current implementation of the building aspect and that not enough reviews point this isse out. Reviews can be positive but most of them read like love letters instead of a detailed review.

Guess it is currently (for the next few months) in the hype and honeymoon phase and players tend to turn a blind eye ot two.

If they improve on the building aspect, would be great. If not, it will still be an "overwhelmingly positive" steam title but with a small caveat.

Similar like Starbound. Very positive reviews but way worse controls and combat than Terraria.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Killed 3 bosses. So far the game is nice, but I absolutely friggin hate the stamina. Even when using the best foods available the stamina gets drained way too fast for my liking. I'll come back later when it releases and play it with some friends maybe.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Feb 24, 2021, 2:31:14 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
Killed 3 bosses. So far the game is nice, but I absolutely friggin hate the stamina. Even when using the best foods available the stamina gets drained way too fast for my liking. I'll come back later when it releases and play it with some friends maybe.

Well, I removed any stamina needs on my solo save as I was a lot bored by it, also made combos not stopping at the end/repeating x)

Note that in Valheim stamina is hugely tied to eating and sleeping well. On our multiplayer game for example I pretty much never lack of stamina at any moment or at least, let's say it's comfortable at a point it barely causes any troubles even during bosses fights.

But yes, this part is not balanced enough to my tastes. Specialy coming from a PoE league, I feel like a turtle.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 24, 2021, 4:52:44 PM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:

Well, I removed any stamina needs on my solo save as I was a lot bored by it, also made combos not stopping at the end/repeating x)

Note that in Valheim stamina is hugely tied to eating and sleeping well. On our multiplayer game for example I pretty much never lack of stamina at any moment or at least, let's say it's comfortable at a point it barely causes any troubles even during bosses fights.

But yes, this part is not balanced enough to my tastes. Specialy coming from a PoE league, I feel like a turtle.

May I ask how you did that? I'd love the game if it wasnt for the ridiculous stamina drain.
Nevewr heard of it, and I don´t play EA Games any longer. Well, except for one Star Wars title, which is only Single Player oriented.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:

May I ask how you did that? I'd love the game if it wasnt for the ridiculous stamina drain.

Sorry for the late reply, for stamina you can find a lot of mods allowing to handle it in various ways on nexusmod website.

As for combo delay removal I modded it myself and do not plan to publish it yet as I'm working on additional features related to combat gameplay.
Maybe some other mods allow it, no clue about this sorry :)

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 1, 2021, 8:49:55 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, for stamina you can find a lot of mods allowing to handle it in various ways on nexusmod website.

As for combo delay removal I modded it myself and do not plan to publish it yet as I'm working on additional features related to combat gameplay.
Maybe some other mods allow it, no clue about this sorry :)

Ah cheers, didn't occur to me the game would have mods for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info