Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

thanks @karlklaps
"
Tsteken wrote:
What makes the amulet best in slot? Considering golem buffs doesnt stack and we use 5, why do we need 9?

Read the ascendency more carefully, the buffs actually get stronger per active golem, all of them.

Having 9 plus doubling up on the most critical golems to the build also ensures you keep ailment immunity and don't lose critical buffs to dead golems.

The amulet used by the build is best in slot forever as far as I am aware, I don't know if perhaps you could swing some insane mirror tier amulet that could be worth replacing it.
Last edited by yakri on Mar 3, 2021, 11:57:15 AM
"
yakri wrote:
"
Tsteken wrote:
What makes the amulet best in slot? Considering golem buffs doesnt stack and we use 5, why do we need 9?

Read the ascendency more carefully, the buffs actually get stronger per active golem, all of them.

Having 9 plus doubling up on the most critical golems to the build also ensures you keep ailment immunity and don't lose critical buffs to dead golems.

The amulet used by the build is best in slot forever as far as I am aware, I don't know if perhaps you could swing some insane mirror tier amulet that could be worth replacing it.

Appreciate the clarification. Was doing my head in not knowing the function! =)
I have a few questions:

If I summon 9 chaos golems - do I get 4% damage reduction PER summoned golem + the buffs from ascendancy/large cluster? Or do you only get the 4% for the first golem and each additional golem just adds to the buff from ascendancy/jewel

For the medium clust jewel, what about burning bright (8 FDOT Multiplier, 20% fire damage) and wasting affliction (20% damage with ailments and ailments deal damage 10% faster). Wouldn’t the extra 20% damage for ailments be better than the 5% faster difference between Blowback and Wasting Affliction? My damage doesn’t seem too good atm. I struggle badly with guardians/t16 corrupted bosses.
Last edited by HeckinKoda on Mar 3, 2021, 2:12:29 PM
"
HeckinKoda wrote:
I have a few questions:

If I summon 9 chaos golems - do I get 4% damage reduction PER summoned golem + the buffs from ascendancy/large cluster? Or do you only get the 4% for the first golem and each additional golem just adds to the buff from ascendancy/jewel

For the medium clust jewel, what about burning bright (8 FDOT Multiplier, 20% fire damage) and wasting affliction (20% damage with ailments and ailments deal damage 10% faster). Wouldn’t the extra 20% damage for ailments be better than the 5% faster difference between Blowback and Wasting Affliction? My damage doesn’t seem too good atm. I struggle badly with guardians/t16 corrupted bosses.

Set your characters to public so people can see what your using, then we can answer you better.

Its something on your end though, not the cluster choice, even in budget setups you should be melting conquerors and guardians.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 3, 2021, 2:38:17 PM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
HeckinKoda wrote:
I have a few questions:

Set your characters to public so people can see what your using, then we can answer you better.

Its something on your end though, not the cluster choice, even in budget setups you should be melting conquerors and guardians.

I think I did that. I unchecked hide character tab. I know one thing I have wrong is I don’t have unbound ailments in bow. Have 2R/4G so went with GMP and deadly ailments
"

HeckinKoda wrote:
I have a few questions:

On a quick glance, you're missing quicker ignite everywhere. You're missing fire DoT on quiver, temple mod on gloves, and you're not doing Elemental Weakness curse. Haven't looked at your tree yet, but I imagine there's some things missing there too.
"
HeckinKoda wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
HeckinKoda wrote:
I have a few questions:

I think I did that. I unchecked hide character tab. I know one thing I have wrong is I don’t have unbound ailments in bow. Have 2R/4G so went with GMP and deadly ailments

Ok, also, looking at your tree you're missing an accuracy abyss jewel so you're probably missing more than you'd think. Lots of work to do sir.
General thoughts about build:

*I would suggest rolling your tree similarly to JCOH's tree unless you like hearing "I need more mana."
*I have run Gift of the Goddess 10+ times and still haven't seen anything interesting outside of WoC +6% debuff. Currently restocking and waiting for good lab day.
*Only content I'm having issues with is The Feared. I think that fight is far worse than Maven. 100% Deli, Sirus 9, blah blah etc etc is fine.
*Not to be a jerk, but headhunter really, really synergizes with the build and shores up a lot of weaknesses. If you take the time to farm it out, it makes everything easy.
*Been farming Atoll for a few days looking for R/A Chaos and then build is about done. Truthfully, I don't actually need any upgrades because almost all content is pretty straight forward but I'd like to get out of negative chaos resist.
*Wrath feels better than Anger I'm pretty sure, but the Watcher's Eye I got is running Anger.
*Curious for someone to take a look at my Vermillion Ring. I have % fire damage on it and I'm not sure I can do anything better in the suffix slot.
"
DDyBryan wrote:
"

HeckinKoda wrote:
I have a few questions:

On a quick glance, you're missing quicker ignite everywhere. You're missing fire DoT on quiver, temple mod on gloves, and you're not doing Elemental Weakness curse. Haven't looked at your tree yet, but I imagine there's some things missing there too.

Correct on the ring. I thought if I didn’t have an extra curse armor then I was to forego the curse on hit ring.

The Blizzard Crown with Ignites deal damage faster is way out of my budget (30+ exalt). I’m looking to upgrade to one with nearby enemies have -% fire res and maybe +% burning damage. Is that a waste of currency in this build?

I can get temple mod on gloves and ignites deal damage faster with pierce and life on boots. I may have to rework resistances on other items, though.

There weren’t any decent quivers last I looked so using something I found. Is there a massive difference between regular DOT and FDOT as far as this build goes?

Crafting is not something I am literate in. I craft at a Kindergarten level. If I am still not melting after those three changes, I’ll revisit the armor/ring situation.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but I’m assuming increased duration of ailments is something we don’t want since we are going for ignites deal damage faster?
Last edited by HeckinKoda on Mar 3, 2021, 5:41:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info