Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

is vaal burning arrow ever used? is it not higher damage on bosses?
This build is strong. Its a fact. But everybody are showing videos with endgame gear and all the super cratfted rare things they have. As starter we dont have all of this and not mention golem jewels, cluster jewels. We only have rares that drop. So I only wanna know if this is a starter build or not. Can you really start this build from nothing and reach maps? red maps?. Or this is a second super mega build?
Last edited by yissus on Apr 13, 2021, 6:56:56 PM
"
yissus wrote:
This build is strong. Its a fact. But everybody are showing videos with endgame gear and all the super cratfted rare things they have. As starter we dont have all of this and not mention golem jewels, cluster jewels. We only have rares that drop. So I only wanna know if this is a starter build or not. Can you really start this build from nothing and reach maps? red maps?. Or this is a second super mega build?
You can but it feels like shit until investment. This is an excellent 2nd build.
too bad youtubers promote it as like best league starter ever.
"
Anubizzz wrote:
too bad youtubers promote it as like best league starter ever.

Too bad because its not true?
So, now that patch notes are out, any nerfs?

What about the vaal version, any good for bosses now?

And what do you guys think about starting this build as a Armageddon Brand and transitioning once I have the most important pieces of gear?

Thanks.
"
yissus wrote:

Is it a starter build or not? It is a mediocre to average starter build. It is not at all optimized as a starter build.

But if you are asking, is it faster to get this character to the end game by first rolling another starter character, or is it faster to roll just this character, the answer is it's faster to roll this character on day one. It will not feel at all good until you have 5L Tempest or Xoph with Berek's and a couple of fire DOT cluster jewels, but it's not so bad that you'd get geared faster by first leveling an alternate starter.
"
"
yissus wrote:

Is it a starter build or not? It is a mediocre to average starter build. It is not at all optimized as a starter build.

But if you are asking, is it faster to get this character to the end game by first rolling another starter character, or is it faster to roll just this character, the answer is it's faster to roll this character on day one. It will not feel at all good until you have 5L Tempest or Xoph with Berek's and a couple of fire DOT cluster jewels, but it's not so bad that you'd get geared faster by first leveling an alternate starter.

Thanks for the honest answer, and what do you suggest for leveling?
"
Would you recommend leveling with a fire based skill like Fireball or Armageddon Brand with the difficulty of getting the essential uniques? I figure at start and building up enough dex will be difficult. And at minimum would require Xoph's Bow and Berek's respite to really get it going? I know it's still too early to plan a league start, but just trying to understand the process as this is at the top of my list unless something happens within the patch notes.

"
Thanks for the honest answer, and what do you suggest for leveling?

Dex is cheap to get with Careful Plannings. Flameslinger > BA for 1-button mapping until you have uniques and clusters. BA > Flameslinger vs bosses like Sirus, especially with full WoC/EE/Atziri piano, once you have the gear. My leveling guide seems to have escaped the nerfs so I'll post it now:

Spoiler
Credits to Dejuvenate for Flameslinger idea (I am not Dejuvenate):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295

Keep Fireball from Twilight Strand for bossing until Spellslinger is available.
Onslaught isn't worth running scion for as HFT cannot proc it.
Elemental Overload is rarely procced by HFT. Take it when you have spellslingers.
Check vendors for amber/jade amulet, iron rings, ruby rings, and heavy belt.

Legend
Spoiler
*quest reward or scripted drop ^available end of act; only sold by that act's vendor or Lily
[x] level this gem offhand
(R) red (G) green (B) blue (1)keep at level 1

Act 1
Spoiler
Stormblast Mine* | Save for vendor recipe
Holy Flame Totem(R)-Summon Phantasm*-Added Light | Main clear skill
Flame Wall-Efficacy
Wave of Conviction
Fireball*-Combustion
Flame Dash-Arcane Surge(1)
Steelskin(R)

Before Merveil - get Sapphire (cold) rings:
Vendor iron ring + Stormblast Mine for 1 Sapphire
Unbound Ailments*[x]
Power Siphon^
Searing Bond(R)^ (more DPS) or Flame Surge^ (easier to use)
Useful drops: Karui Ward, Meginord's Girdle

Act 2
Spoiler
Herald of Ash(R)*
Summon Skitterbots
Deadly Ailments(G)[x]
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system
T6 added fire to spells wand:
1) Magic wand
2) Rare ruby ring (vendor iron ring + red gem => essence/alch)
3) Alteration
Increased spell/fire damage have negligible DPS returns; craft resists/attributes instead
Dual wield two of these wands if not playing HC

Act 3
Spoiler
Spellslinger*-Wave of Conviction-Fireball
Spellslinger-Flame Wall-Searing Bond(R)
Flammability*
Swift Affliction(G)[x]*
Power Siphon trigger if mana ok
Sell HFT(R) with iron ring for ruby ring
Before Gravicus/Lunaris Temple - upgrade gear to rare with essences, cap fire resist
Flame Dash-Arcane Surge(1)-Second Wind(G)-Steelskin(R)
If doing Siosa: Burning Damage(R)*, Burning Arrow(G)[x], Ele Attacks(R)[x], Storm Brand, Frenzy(G)+use as trigger instead of Power Siphon
Vaal Burning Arrow (G)[x] also exists
Before Dominus - cap ALL elemental resists
Stay inside Dominus' bubble to avoid massive bleeds outside

Act 4
Spoiler
Spellslinger*-WoC-Fireball-Immolate^
Spellslinger-FW-Searing Bond(R)-Burning Damage(R) (Siosa/Lily)
Power Siphon/Frenzy(G)-Hextouch^-Flammability-GMP(G)^ or Chain(G)^
Default attack/manually cast curse if mana starved (Enduring helps)
Stone(R)*, Chaos, Flame(R), Light, and Ice(G) Golems
Immolate*
Malachai's Artifice if you have Storm Brand/Lightning golem and can cap resists
Avoid the red degen circles from Malachai

Before Normal Lab (Shaper of Flames)
Spoiler

1) 1k life, capped ele resists
2) Hallowed/Sacred Staunching life flask
If not league starting - check beast monster level before spawning
3) 3L Spellslingers (supports optional), Elemental Overload
4) Mana flask (ideally Enduring)
5) Golem Commander/Stone+Flame Golems
Reflect lieutenant is no longer a thing :)

Final spellslinger weapon upgrades
Spoiler
Option #1 Obliteration wand(s) for clear (2c each)
https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-weapons/obliteration-demons-horn
Added/extra physical and chaos contribute to ignite DPS at 80% value (100% instead of 125%)
This includes chaos damage from explosions
Crit chance helps proc Elemental Overload

Option #2: Rare wand(s) for single target
Try to get at least 2 of these:
+1 to level of all fire spell skill gems
Empty prefix for benchcraft add fire to spells (=> level 40) or fire dotm (=> level 57) (2 alch each)
Add # to # (any) damage to spells (Shaper of Flames)
#% to damage over time multiplier
#% to fire damage over time multiplier

Act 5
Spoiler
Silver flask* (The Key to Freedom)

Act 6
Spoiler
Clear Twilight Strand for Lily - buy all missing gems (see Act 3/4)
Golems will always detect nearby stragglers

Act 7
Spoiler
Granite* or Quartz flask* (The Silver Locket)
This is the only time Granite is offered as a quest reward
We will need it for survivability
Pick Quartz for QoL/ideal Warding target

Before Cruel Lab (Liege)
Spoiler
1) 2k life, capped ele resists - take Discipline & Training and Tireless
2) Sanctified Staunching life flask (level 50 req)
3) 4L Spellslingers, 3L Frenzy
4) Enduring mana flask (Sanctified or higher)
5) Ryslatha (Defeat the Puppet Mistress )

Act 8
Spoiler
Before Doedre - Warding flask
Click the sewer valve if there's too much going on
Before High Gardens - 2 Obliteration wands, Granite flask, Heat flask, Unwavering Stance

Before Merciless Lab - Elemancer - Finish before Act 10 Kitava to avoid death 10% XP penalty.
Spoiler
1) 3k life, capped ele resists - take Constitution
2) See Act 8.
3) Sanctum of Thought
4) Solaris (Defeat Solaris/Lunaris)

Act 10
Spoiler
Quartz or Silver flask (Save Bannon)

Before Uber lab
Spoiler

1) 4k life or lucky Massive dark shrine - take all remaining life nodes
2) Stone+chaos+flame+light golem + armor base chest
Prioritize 1k+ armor, 2% additional PDR, T3+ life, and empty suffix for dual chaos resist craft
Put stone/flame golem, steelskin, and herald of ash in chest; no links needed
Helmet, gloves, and boots can be ES base for easy coloring or armor offcolor to minmax.
3) 0% or higher chaos resist.
4) Final weapon upgrades for spellslinger or Burning Arrow switch
5) Bubbling/Seething Divine life flask of Staunching

Dark shrines
Spoiler
Use LabCompass to find dark shrines (T-shaped rooms on the minimap)
LabCompass must be launched BEFORE entering lab to update in real time
Defensive shrines like Massive, Impenetrable, and Replenishing are ideal
"The heart quickens, the blood thickens" - 50% less trap damage on you
"Movement ceases, tension mounts" - Traps disabled in final Aspirant's Trial

Starting path respec
Spoiler
Pre-allocate the two +10 int nodes on the new path
Then refund Arcanist Dominion path except for 16% spell damage (5 refund points or regrets)

Burning arrow unique prices (make the switch before Sirus)

--nologo -ns
Last edited by Foeglas on Apr 13, 2021, 9:37:56 PM
Thanks for the guide. Will most likely be my league starter as I think it will be one of the few builds that does not require explo chest / impulsa to get insane clearspeed. In addition the "removal" of fractured delirious maps doesnt require 130m dps and although I like to kill bosses I dont care if sirus fight takes 3 min or 6 min as long as I dont get oneshottet by his auto-attack. I hope/think all of this will be achievable by this build.

However I will most likely switch to BA once I'm in (late) red maps, which is something I try to get on day 2 of a league. So far I'm not sure if I will go flameslinger or Arma Brand. Leveled a necro last league as flameslinger to transition to COC VD/DD and it was insane even though necro ascendency almost gives 0 bonus to flameslinger. I was able to clear up to red maps with this setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info