Path of Exile Talent Competition

Made some poe themed home decor for my room! Kitava pillow with some currency plushies. Everything is made out of polar fleece and some minky fabric.

Last edited by Arelysean on Mar 7, 2021, 3:09:31 PM
I know PoE takes some inspiration from MTG, so I thought a TCG would be fun full circle: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VWiUsrbEqEh4EDGmjFolofXIIOc5CbNMCVALz9OBO20
Last edited by ttylol on Mar 7, 2021, 3:46:38 PM
Hello Exiles! My entry is a YouTube Short where I tried to match together the beats of a song to Tectonic Slam. Having recently started tackling video editing, it seemed like a fun way to show off the skill :)

1 minute time limit and Portrait mode only constraints definitely turned out to be interesting with PoE.

It might not be the best, but it's honest work:
https://youtu.be/ZbY02YggdtY

My favourite two pets, the project labrador and scientist labrador :)
Wanted to challenge myself and do a cosplay for one of the competitions for once and it was a lot more challenging than anticipated due to unexpected circumstances. Through Texas icestorms, package delays, university struggles and overall time management issues here is my Piety cosplay!

Progress pictures

I'm "that lab dude from reddit and poelab."
Bringer of Rain Gladiator

Last edited by Filipiaszek on Mar 7, 2021, 5:00:22 PM

2013 bmw 650i 0 60

Maven Witnessing witch vs kitava encounter.
Tragedy of Mervail - fan composition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbQVEyFsSVQ

I wanted to create a track around the melody playing in the Cavern of Anger which I always found really enjoyable. I wanted to make it more epic and orchestral, while also being inspired by the lore of Mervail and Daresso.
Last edited by Vinnco on Mar 7, 2021, 5:42:53 PM
My entry for the talent competition - clay sculpture made from scratch. It was a very challenging and exciting project and I'm very happy with the outcome. There was a lot of technical nuances I had to solve, and the whole process included a few sleepless nights :). Enjoy !

P.S I added extra photo showcasing the fluorescent effect at night. It looks a lot more detailed in real life.

Total hours: around 100
Materials used: polymer clay, cosclay, fluorescent clay, acrylic and fluorescent paints.

Last edited by Apocalypso_ on Mar 7, 2021, 5:44:10 PM
My entry for the competition.

"The Fall of Lioneye"

It’s forbidden for the Karui to use arrows, Marcus Lioneye thought numbly. All around him, the Karui’s blackened arrows fell from the mountain ridge above, a rain of death upon his golden Gemling Legion. Tavukai… they called it tavukai…
Men called out as they died, “For the Emperor!”
Another volley from the skies. Men fell. More blood on the ground.
“For General Lioneye!” He saw the man who shouted the words, and the arrow that found his throat.
Marcus’ eyes met those of a Karui boy, his yellow teeth gritting in rage. The boy charged him on his perch. The Karui’s eyes were soft brown, then Marcus loosed an arrow into one. The boy crumpled to the ground with a sigh.
He looked up from the dead savage to see a current of brown beasts with jade axes flowing into Lioneye’s Watch. Golden armored legionnaires fell to greenstone weapons, slick with blood. Marcus shot wildly into the crowd of Karui, but they were a tide of death and his Gemling Legion were caught in its pull.
Quickly, cries for the Empire died out and were replaced with monstrous voices calling for Tukohama, their bastard god of war, and for Hinekora, their banshee of death.
They called it tavukai, he whispered sadly inside his heart. It’s forbidden…
Then he saw King Kaom.
A giant among giants, the Karui warlord. The monster approached and the sea of angry, brown eyes parted for him.
“Slavemaster Lioneye,” Kaom called out, spittle flew from his mouth.
Marcus raised his arrow to the king of savages. “You’ve made it easier for me,” he called out. His arrow would find the giant’s eye. He loosed it.
King Kaom’s hand shot up in a flash, the arrow planting itself through the palm. King Kaom smiled as he broke the arrow against his chest and pulled the tip out with his teeth. He spit the broken arrow aside.
Marcus reached for another arrow but found none. He patted his quiver in a frenzy, still nothing. He felt a strange sensation then as King Kaom stalked forward. It felt like cold fingers with sharp nails scratching against his skin and poking at his heart. Fear, Marcus Lioneye thought, he laughed miserably at the realization. Who thought I’d feel fear among savages?
Marcus was on his knees. He did not remember falling. He looked up toward the Karui King. “You’ve won the day,” Marcus nodded slowly. “You broke your traditions to beat the Empire. Who lead them?”
“Hyrri,” King Kaom said solemnly. “My niece.”
Marcus barked a laugh. “Your own blood. Your people will take her life. Was it worth it, King of Savages?”
“There is no glory without sacrifice,” King Kaom muttered, blood fell from his wounded hand, a lonely red rain.
“How prudent of you,” Marcus smirked. “I expected such a decision from the Empire, but not you.”
“Enough talk, Marcus Lioneye.”
King Kaom grabbed him by the hair and forced him into position for a beheading. Marcus’ shoulders slumped. His proud heart finally trembled.
“Will it be clean?” Marcus asked.
“It will,” King Kaom rumbled. “You will have a place upon my belt.”
“What a morbid thing to say to a man,” Marcus laughed. His tears fell to the stones beneath him. “Before you take his head.”
“I am King. It’s a place of honor.”
Marcus let out one long sigh. He had not expected death to find him this day. The ruddy sky of dawn stained the beaches red. All around him lay the golden men he had come to know and love, the men that followed him from the Empire to die upon a bleak strand where the Karui tide swallowed them all. His Gemling Legion. Unstoppable, unbreakable.
Until now.
“Very well,” Marcus Lioneye whispered sadly, as he accepted his fate.
He did not hear or feel the jade axe fall.
His head fell to the ground. Cold stones kissed his cheeks. Tears ran from his face.
He saw his headless body fall, crumbling forward. Blood gushed eagerly from the stump.
King Kaom’s hand reached toward him, and it reached… and it reached… and…

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info