Path of Exile Talent Competition

Maven!

I really enjoyed painting her, learned allot during this process too. Good luck everyone :)
Here's my entry ! It's the Edge of Madness, Beyond's weapon always attract my eyeball and.. yeah i decided to make it into 3D!
Feel free to check out my artstation for more angle/shots!

Hello,

Been some time i wanted to do a piece with Izaro, as it's a boss and an ally in some way. That makes his fight more appealing and there's always something special in the beginning of a new league when you have to complete your first lab :)

(The jpg compression is a bit shitty, sorry)

Comfortable map, to be sure to not get lost in a dreams.

Spoiler
Its not much, but i enjoy making pillows, and i think the atlas is a good fit for a pillow.

ign: Bikvin
I also wrote a short poem (English is not my native language - mistakes might have been made).

Into the Fray
Spit limply out onto the shore
Of unknown country, lands of yore
To learn thy craft more deeply still
Make lord and land both heed thy will
Thy fortune as thy sisters burned
But slowly doth the wheel yet turn
So rise again with thy hands bare
With smoke and fire on the air
To town and ship thy feet thee carry
Awakening what lies here buried
Created with religious zeal
Where thou hast only death to deal
And when the darkness this way comes
The earth itself a lament hums
The prophet's baubles scintillate
The mortal self to desecrate
And laid to rest are gods by thee
Forthwith engage eternity
I personify unique items into digital arts.

Normally I just make still image of the item but this time I went a step further and made a short video. Everything is made in blender except the image files of auras.

Unique Personified - Watchers's Eye : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wctyVEBxg

good luck to everyone

As Niko, Master of the Depths, would say: "This'll do Nicely, Exile!"

So I jumped into the depths of my crocheting skills to make an Amigurumi doll of Niko.
The doll and the bird are entirely coton yarn crocheted in the tradition of Amigurumi. The cage is made with wire and the axe with a wood stick and cardboard.

All made by myself!
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it :)

Had a lot less time than I thought I would, however that's my attempt!

It's my current and favourite build, Wandering in the Dark Archmage Storm Brand (coz Arcane Vision is a waste of passive :D) battling Doedre from Sepulchre Map in a best PoE style - kill it before it can hit you!

I like it a lot, since it is my first big piece and am into drawing only a month or two.

Hope you like it!
Last edited by zephyel on Mar 7, 2021, 1:50:48 PM
https://soundcloud.com/panu-siipilehto/lehdon-aani-profetia-harvest

Malachai drum'n'base entry

Youtube version (video not part of the entry)
https://youtu.be/HJOJCcA3J4k

Last edited by pontsku2 on Mar 8, 2021, 6:12:03 AM
Hi all! I recently got interested into Minecraft datapacks and procedural level design – so for the talent competition I decided to work out a datapack implementing the Path of Exile procedural map system into Minecraft, including a map device, map items and boss encounters, and make a kick-ass video about it all as my entry :D

You can find the video here: https://youtu.be/Q7MZA2epbMU

Long story behind my submission:
Spoiler

I have been fascinated by automatic level design in computer games for quite a while now. When Exile Con 2019 included a talk about Path of Exiles level generation process, I was immediately hyped. I watched the talk on YouTube a couple of times (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXnoHTqO7TE) and took a lot of inspiration from it. However, back in the days, I did not find a platform where I could test my own ideas.

In Fall 2020 it occurred to me: Minecraft has been another favorite game of mine for a long time now and people started making Minecraft datapacks for all sorts of things these days – maybe it was my chance to combine my passion for Path of Exiles map system with my passion for Minecraft by implementing custom level generation in Minecraft.

After some attempts I could generate a maze-like structure with some rooms that connect along the edges of a generated graph (The concept of “rooms” was actually directly inspired from the Exile Con talk mentioned before). So with being able to generate caves underground below me or islands in the sky above me, my focus shifted again. The ideas I had were proven possible and all that was left was “details” ;-)

When GGG announced their talent competition, I was hooked. It was the perfect opportunity to bring my previous attempts to a final datapack. To wrap up any individual ideas and put everything together. My goal: make a Minecraft datapack that resembles the Path of Exile map system.

I decided to use the core structure generation process I had implemented previously but convert everything to real Path of Exile maps. So first, I put every generated level into a custom dimension (so it did not interfere with the Minecraft overworld anymore). Then I implemented a portal system which allowed to travel to and from the maps. I added map monsters and a boss encounter with its own room at the end of the map (which meant restructuring the level generation itself since the levels were generated from the center back then). I stored the level generation parameters into map items which could be placed in a map device I built. The map device read the parameters from the map items and generated levels accordingly. Then I added a new map theme to my previous two themes and extended everything in terms of rooms to offer more variety and diversity. And finally, after more all-nighters than I should have put in, I used the last weekend of the competition and produced my video about the datapack.

So there you have it: A video showing my custom Minecraft datapack that includes
- a map device and portals to / from the maps
- map items
- three unique map themes
- monsters on the maps
- boss encounters
and which can easily be extended for more content to come.

I hope you enjoy the video & have a wonderful time!
Good luck to everyone and cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info