Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Wow, well done Fyregrass. This is a really great guide.

The only question I would have is what if you're coming into this build about now in the league and already have the funds to directly invest into things like Tabula, and other leveling goodies.

With a Tabula, how does this change the linkage while leveling? If I Can 6 link, what should it be in those sockets/links?
"
phoenixone wrote:

The only question I would have is what if you're coming into this build about now in the league and already have the funds to directly invest into things like Tabula, and other leveling goodies.

With a Tabula, how does this change the linkage while leveling? If I Can 6 link, what should it be in those sockets/links?

I’m genuinely not very sure. We don’t have enough mana to even add support gems to our Lightning slinger set up and I’ve only levelled this as a lightning slinger since I league start with it. I don’t even think storm brand is that good while levelling either. Perhaps you could try levelling with a 6 link storm brand and some cluster jewels and tell me how it goes, I might add it to the guide
I leveled with tabula
storm brand at 12 so far is good but you will die in 1-2 shots but dmg is great :)
Hi all, Fyregrass,

first of all thanks for all the effort that went into the build guide, I was struggling a lot on my previous build to complete the unique invitations, maven uber elder etc.

I switched builds yesterday evening and here I am 7 uber elder & 14 maven kills later with 3/4 conditional challenges done. Obviously i put quite some currency into the build after selling off all my old stuff but it was very worth it - again thanks to all the effort that went into the guide.

For anyone thinking about switching or moving to this build - be prepared to die a lot but the smooth mapping and bossing combination is worth it to me, definitely not a build to get to level 100 by just playing the game and only starts to really shine with a good ammound of currency thrown at it.

Current gear:

Things i want to change:

- Second ring, leftover from previous build, caps res and dex requirements for now but can be change to +1 power charges.
- A few more crit multi on jewels
- Another 8mod 3notable cluster jewel
- Improving the Helmet as soon as reroll suffix does not hit crap - (reroll lucky is a lie!)
- Change some Flasks as soon as trade is working again
- Balance res for wise oak

Digging the build a lot too, huge thanks Fyregrass.

For the moment I've just got one question: How do you deal with reflect from Atziri? Do you switch to a Diamond Flask to pump crit as high as possible to not get reflect damage or even use a sibyl's?

Thanks in advance, definitely going to invest more into the build!
How is everyone handling curse mods? The build is squishy enough to not care about most of them anyway, but temp chains is a pain. Do you just roll temp chains off or suck it up?
Very much enjoying the build. I've now completed all the big Maven invitations and had my first deathless Sirus of the league :).

Trying to decide on where to invest next ... Currently both gloves and helm are not influenced... Thoughts on which to go for first?

Or keep saving and grab a Headhunter?

Ign: EmptyMavenIsATrap

"
https://pastebin.com/ZVhkhKwd

Last edited by Rjr3412 on Feb 8, 2021, 8:40:06 AM
I cant seem to find the belt section in the guide.

Edit: I guess we default to the soul tether belt if we dont run Badge of the Brotherhood.
Last edited by imRadial on Feb 8, 2021, 3:50:25 AM
"
Fyregrass wrote:
"
phoenixone wrote:

I’m genuinely not very sure. We don’t have enough mana to even add support gems to our Lightning slinger set up and I’ve only levelled this as a lightning slinger since I league start with it. I don’t even think storm brand is that good while levelling either. Perhaps you could try levelling with a 6 link storm brand and some cluster jewels and tell me how it goes, I might add it to the guide

I am working with brand now, from level 28. Works decent, but there are def better clear speed skills, likely the spell slinger setup is better for clearing. I'd just suggest to mod the build for leveling with a tabula as well if you have it, but not as brand just yet.

Also, would you suggest to use the crafted wands you mentioned in the original post of something else, like Lifesprig or other leveling wands?
Last edited by phoenixone on Feb 8, 2021, 6:19:20 AM
About the Wave Conviction Debuffs.

If I have this, can I use the Awakened Hextouch version even if my gloves don't have Culling Strike nor Unnerve?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info