Massive Memory Leak 3.13.1b

3.13.1.b seems to have introduced a massive memory leak. Game was consuming about 1gb each min and hard crashed my computer. This was occuring on both Vulkan and DX11. Swapping from Vulkan to DX11 only slowed it but ruins game performance.

"
Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe (5888) consumed 25538600960 bytes

Somehow managed to consume 25.5gb of memory in total.
Last edited by FenTheFennec on Feb 2, 2021, 6:15:39 PM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2021, 5:42:44 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Got the same issue, happened just after the latest patch.
Usually poe runs butter smooth, this time it allocated entire 16gb ram pool. ref #959773526
Definetely not a 1gb/minute for me, but happened during blight encounter in beyond map.
I also got 2 memory crashes in about 1 hour of gameplay, then I stopped playing. I didn't get any memory crashes in the patch before this one.

Looked at the task manager aswell for a bit and it seemed like the memory just didn't get cleared at all aka memory leak.
"
FenTheFennec wrote:
3.13.1.b seems to have introduced a massive memory leak. Game was consuming about 1gb each min and hard crashed my computer. This was occuring on both Vulkan and DX11. Swapping from Vulkan to DX11 only slowed it but ruins game performance.

"
Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe (5888) consumed 25538600960 bytes

Somehow managed to consume 25.5gb of memory in total.

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.
It's not just Windows. I'm playing on Linux via Steam/Proton, and having similar issues.

On the plus side, texture pop-in is much less noticeable when it's hidden behind a loading screen. It's still very noticeable when first using skills in a zone, so not entirely fixed, but the game looks normal again... for about a minute.

After that first minute, the game starts to stutter... and then it's a slideshow... and then it's locked up... and then it's crashed. Happened 8 times in the first zone, including five client crashes, two hard crashes to the desktop of the game, one crash of the Steam client, and one complete crash of my PC, requiring a restart.

The game is, quite literally, unplayable now, with significantly worse performance and stability than I was getting before this patch... which itself was worse than the patch before that. I appreciate the effort, but things really seem to be going backwards.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
We have deployed a fix for this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3038398

"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
3.13.1b Hotfix 1:

• Fixed a memory leak bug introduced in 3.13.1b.

This was a restartless deploy on the servers and you will need to restart your client to receive the client changes.
First attempt: loaded into the town, but attempting to enter the first zone locked up my PC completely for several minutes, then crashed both PoE and Steam.

Second attempt: back to normal. Buttery smooth, in fact - I'm actually getting the best performance and stability so far this expansion.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Last edited by Waitubold on Feb 3, 2021, 4:15:15 AM
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
We have deployed a fix for this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3038398

"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
3.13.1b Hotfix 1:

• Fixed a memory leak bug introduced in 3.13.1b.

This was a restartless deploy on the servers and you will need to restart your client to receive the client changes.

I am really sorry to say that is not fixed, you guys manage to brake a game that was working fine, I've never had any crashes before this league and the infamous "texture streaming", now i am afraid to open a simulacrum and my game crashes every day at least 3 times.
Last edited by Inox84 on Feb 18, 2021, 10:01:46 AM
Just happened to me. The crash happened when I was entering a Blight map offered by Zana (mission).
Killing PoE did not clear the memory.
Had to restart the laptop.
So is it something to do with Blight maps then?
Has this been fixed yet? Been getting 5-6 crashes a day every hour or 2 since playing ultimatum league. It just gets hard crashed as well as the computer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info