Echoes of the Atlas Lore: Creating the Maven

Her first stage of conversation is my fav, she is such a cutie pie <3
"
deserttfoxx wrote:
Does GGG realize they have created a lore vacuum with the removal of shaper and elder as core end game?

Dont get me started on atziri, and how the hell would a new player ever figure out how to get to the pale council without Google?

I can't disagree more with this statement. Do you seriously want a GGG to take an approach to lore like companies like EA and Bioware? where everything is hand-held and in your face? No personal discovery and searching required of the player? No 3rd party research because the lore is interesting, but never fully explained - or at least not in the corners of the game you are exploring? I sure as hell don't. PoE narrative has always felt like DS to me, where you have to seek it out for yourself if you want to understand it. Where the driving of the narrative is up to the players interest and the tools they can utilize. I enjoy this massively, i don't want to watch cutscenes or sit around with exposition while twiddling mny thumbs. And I ALWAYS look to lore masters on forums and youtube to find out more about games narratives i enjoy.

If someone is too lazy or incompetent to use google, how on earth can you hold GGG responsible for that?
Maven is fun, the voice lines and dubbing are nice, her lore is somewhat interesing. Now I just hope to see less and less from Sirus stuff, it is awful.
Great design!
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Anyone in staff going to bother posting an update / announcement regarding the thousands of crash to desktop reports received since the latest patch?
What does art even mean in game that doesnt even work properly or at all ?
Got to say, i always loved PoE lore, especially the endgame story starting from shaper till what we have now with Maven.

Maven is most certainly best designed endgame boss so far in terms of lore, voice acting, personality and fight itself (in that last, uber elder is closest comparison).

After trailers, before expansion launch i was very scared GGG will repeat mistakes they did with Sirus encounter, but that didnt happen. Instead they added whole new layer of endgame content (way more than we deserved :D ) that is challenging and very fun to play and gave us this new interesting endgame boss fight, that is sadly not very rewarding lootwise, but fun to play out :)

Her personality is very spooky and makes mapping feel more "alive" with her everywhere, being bully and commanding us - exiles - like we are its puppetts.

I really hope we will get more in this direction in next expansions, be it more from Maven herself or more similar entities, invading our precious atlas.

Keep up the great work <3
My guild topic (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628169)
My boss/crafting service (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2806421)
Honestly, I find her endearing. She's a cosmic toddler, and she gives us lots of power-ups ^_^
"
Whoever made her true form is amazing.

Do you mean the jellyfish?
Look... this is great. Love the story building from the GGG team. Love this concept, and always happy to learn about new lore and see what comes next for the world building in PoE.

HOWEVER. Can we PLEASE get an update to this game breaking crashing issue? Myself, and every one of my friends who plays... cannot play the game. We all have different hardware. The game is unplayable right now.

And it's not isolated to just my social group. There are countless threads about it, and it's talked about in global chats in game often enough.

I've given you $250 in the past couple weeks. Surely this has to at least pay someone for a couple hours of time to look into this bs. Not to mention the money from everyone else's purchases. Trust me, you guys doing some quality assurance and looking in to this, will be much more praised than any other posts about new MTX and game lore.

As for me commenting here; commenting anywhere else isn't getting a response. And likely this won't either. Thank god you guys don't do tickets. Must be nice... because I'd imagine you'd be flooded with them right now.

This is no rare issue. It is happening to tons of people.

If this isn't fixed in the next few days, someone better be giving me a refund on my MTX purchases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info