[3.13] Cold BV (20M DPS) | Tanky | Zoom-Zoom Mapping | All Content | Maven Challenge 4/4 Done

"
WWBarb wrote:
"
OppaHyuna wrote:
Build plays very nicely, Singletarget isn't bad either, but its not amazing.
I'm just curious about your claim that it can kill 8-mod the feared.

I mean, the singletarget doesn't really destroy bosses so i'm kinda curious.
That being said, any idea on how to increase singletarget dmge?
Can look at my char through profile !

edit: respecced build a bit and doing a lot more damage, less tanky tho, went for dmge/life jewels instead of chaos res clusters

I have switched around the tree a bit, you can check out my profile, now with instant enduring cry for free Endurance charges.

I have seen the equipment of your char, some of which are very nice.

IMO the removal of Divine Flesh in exchange for dps is not worth it. As the extra tankiness is hard to come by from gears and you can do a lot more single target dps by upgrading your gears.

I wouldn't go divergent berserk as a lot of poe.ninja people do as it is "fake" dps, the buff will last 1-2 secs with the high hit-rate of BV.

DPS Upgrade suggestion:

1: Quiver: get 15% extra cold dmg on quiver. Get the 20% conversion on glove (it is a craft, easy to do)

2: Bow: Get one with extra 110+% crit chance to spell. I bought mine with 22ex. the 18% double spell damage ones are too expensive and don't offer significant more damage than the 110% crit chance ones. Unless you are rich enough to get both mods on the same bow.

3: Glove, get culling strike on it. It makes a big difference when fighting big bosses. Normally the last 10% is the hardest 10% now you just ignore.

4: Amulet (I need to do this myself): get a +2 skill ones with life and crit multi/chance. With open/removable suffixes you can guarantee the crit mods by Aug Crit x 2.

5. Clusters: get Blanketed Snow + Vengeful Commander (expensive, roll for yourself) This is a further 20% penetration upgrade.

6: Arcane surge, I am not sure whether your arcane surge is on all the time. I link mine to Arcane cloak and I use Arcane cloak on every cooldown. It is up all the time (Divergent Arcane Surge).

Thanks for your input, i was not planning on using the berserk variant anyways, think its a very gimpy mechanic.
And yes i see your point in keeping Divine Flesh for tankiness and upgrading gear but then i would need to swap around a lot of gear while right now i can do pretty much all content.

Like i said, i like the build but just added some more deeps, i'm not planning on running The feared or anything like that, but trying to incorporate divine flesh back in would mean a lot of work and exalts to regear, just planning on farming for a headhunter at this point :D

Regardless, good build!
Can you include a video?
do u have budget(start) version pob?
"
Apostoluss wrote:

Probably look into other budget scion build to get going (the archmage bf/bb one is good).

BV build does not feel good on low budget.
Actually changed my mind about minmaxing, and i'm on the case.
Crafted these bad boys and they are insane for the build :

Now i just need a couple levels and I can get divine flesh back again for tankiness!
"
OppaHyuna wrote:
Actually changed my mind about minmaxing, and i'm on the case.
Crafted these bad boys and they are insane for the build :

Now i just need a couple levels and I can get divine flesh back again for tankiness!

Those are pretty crazy. Really lucky on hitting the amulet life roll.

I am settled with my low tier rolls. No more rem/add X and TFT headache.
"
WWBarb wrote:
"
Apostoluss wrote:

Probably look into other budget scion build to get going (the archmage bf/bb one is good).

i have about 20 ex is it too little to use bv?
"
Apostoluss wrote:
"
WWBarb wrote:
"
Apostoluss wrote:

i have about 20 ex is it too little to use bv?

A decent explody chest along costs about 10-15ex.

With 20 ex you can get one going with dual wield wand/sceptre (costs some chaos), a basic explody chest with spell crit (a few ex), indigon (chaos) and pandemonius amulet (chaos). You should clear all maps just fine.
Last edited by WWBarb on Feb 8, 2021, 9:59:28 PM
maybe im missing something, what are the defensive options in this build? seems low life even for a mom/agnostic build? how do you prevent 1 shots?
"
rozakk wrote:
maybe im missing something, what are the defensive options in this build? seems low life even for a mom/agnostic build? how do you prevent 1 shots?

On top of the very high regen is hard mitigation.

POB shows that I am only taking 54% of physical hit dmg, but this is fake due to armor being counted. Hard mitigation is 3x endurance charge (12%) and 33% damage taken as cold (27%), so about 40% physical damage reduction which is very decent.

This can be further increased (which I plan to do) by substituting Additional curse with 15% Physical damage taken as Chaos damage. This would further increase physical damage reduction to above 50%.

For elemental damage I am taking 15% (cold) and 17% (fire/light). Effectively sitting at 83% max elemental resist. 85% if Wise Oak is lieu of Diamond flask (no dps is lost).

Chaos damage is not a threat with 87% max chaos resist (will be 89% once I switch small cluster).

For reference:

Currently I can face tank Sirus die beam / Maven barrage / Maven "stand still" comb like laser attack / shaper beam and shaper slam.

Things that I cannot face tank carelessly, Chimera's red circle attack in a yellow map with damage mod. Tul's melee frost blade attack in "The Hidden" in yellow map with damage mod.
Last edited by WWBarb on Feb 8, 2021, 9:42:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info