[3.14] No BS Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky | League Starter | Good DPS & Clear

Ok, that makes sense. So a large portion of your PoB damage is getting loaded up for bosses.

I'm using the leveling tree right now, no cluster jewels. For normal map clear, I figure Arcane Cloak won't be up all the time, Vaal RF is off, Sigil of Power is off. This shows about 668K DPS, only considering the brands themselves. Does that sound about right?

I love the gameplay of brands, just trying to make normal clear situations feel better, and of course Ultimatums.
"
unsmith wrote:
Ok, that makes sense. So a large portion of your PoB damage is getting loaded up for bosses.

I'm using the leveling tree right now, no cluster jewels. For normal map clear, I figure Arcane Cloak won't be up all the time, Vaal RF is off, Sigil of Power is off. This shows about 668K DPS, only considering the brands themselves. Does that sound about right?

I love the gameplay of brands, just trying to make normal clear situations feel better, and of course Ultimatums.

I can't really help you with what your damage 'should' be without a PoB link. I will say make sure you've turned your 'Is Your Enemy a Boss?' from 'Sirus' to 'No'. since normal enemies won't have Lightning res.

If you're still having problems with clear a medium cluster jewel with 'Grand Design' and 'Brand Loyalty' for ~40c https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/oa3Kw7gtl
Make Strom Brand great again.
"
THE_NAT wrote:

I can't really help you with what your damage 'should' be without a PoB link. I will say make sure you've turned your 'Is Your Enemy a Boss?' from 'Sirus' to 'No'. since normal enemies won't have Lightning res.

If you're still having problems with clear a medium cluster jewel with 'Grand Design' and 'Brand Loyalty' for ~40c https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/oa3Kw7gtl

Oh, sorry, that was me backing things down from your leveling PoB, turning off boss-boosting things to get a feel for the DPS during normal clear/walking around. I've been targeting the basic tree for now since I barely have any currency, so I'll stick with it for a while and work into cluster jewels, Agnostic, etc.
Hey,
I'm interesting about this build !
Can you tell me how it feels with ultimatum encounters ?
Is it tanky enough ?
"
tracker2013 wrote:
Hey,
I'm interesting about this build !
Can you tell me how it feels with ultimatum encounters ?
Is it tanky enough ?

I'm not the build writer, but I have been playing this exclusively in Ultimatum so I can offer my thoughts.

Before the switch to Agnostic/cluster jewels, the build feels fine up until early red maps, then it starts to fall off a bit. That's okay though, because the Agnostic transition is the next step. I was using a 5B1G Agnerod West for a while, with the green link as Blind for utility.

After investing in cluster jewels, switching to the Agnostic tree, and coloring my staff 6B so I could use Swiftbrand support, it feels awesome again even on suboptimal gear. I don't have a stygian belt yet nor a Watcher's Eye but I'm confident I'll be fine until I scrape up the cash to continue improving.

My thoughts on the cluster jewels:

1) Definitely look for Disorienting Display. Applying blind is such a defensive helper.

2) One medium cluster with Brand Loyalty/Holy Conquest seems enough, I got the other one with Brand Loyalty/Grand Design. Holy Conquest first; when combined with Swiftbrand support the brands really jump around and give the illusion of real AoE.

3) I forget if this was mentioned in OP's guide, but you can do 4 or 5 passives for your medium clusters. Pathing to the open jewel slot is the same.

Great build OP, loving it!
When I am putting in my Militant Faith it is also changing notable passives into ones I do not wish, I have Dominus, Brand and Mana regen the only difference is the number of New Faithful. Do I need a lower number? PoB also doesn't show what my own passive tree is showing.
"
VeXSocks wrote:
When I am putting in my Militant Faith it is also changing notable passives into ones I do not wish, I have Dominus, Brand and Mana regen the only difference is the number of New Faithful. Do I need a lower number? PoB also doesn't show what my own passive tree is showing.

The number on your Militant faith is the 'seed.' You'll have to roll it till you get in the name of Dominus with a seed that won't mess up the passives you need. I would estimate no more than 9 divine orbs to do this.

As for when you should put it in. You should put it on once you decide that the investment to get it is worth 12% more damage.
I'm struggling a bit with this build.

I followed the tree fully and even with jewels it felt so squishy. So changed it up a bit after talking to someone else playing similar and it feels a bit better.

I'm now at 7.5k mana and nearing 4k hp. I still will randomly just get one shot in ultimatums as you stop for 0.1 sec to cast a brand and something either appears on you or just sprints at lightspeed.

I've invested 7+ex so far and the clear speed is pretty bad.

Boss damage seems okay i've just done Awakener level 5 without much issue.

Not really sure how i can get upto the crazy numbers others are getting without throwing another 10ex+ into it.

Seems like less than 1million dps and not very tanky for 7ex

*edit* Just done regular shaper. No issues at all with any of the mechanics / boss killing times. Maybe it's just this leagues mechanic that's overtuned. Takes longer to kill ultimatum rares than to phase shaper.
Last edited by RazersGhost on May 8, 2021, 5:02:02 PM
"
RazersGhost wrote:
I'm struggling a bit with this build.

I followed the tree fully and even with jewels it felt so squishy. So changed it up a bit after talking to someone else playing similar and it feels a bit better.

I'm now at 7.5k mana and nearing 4k hp. I still will randomly just get one shot in ultimatums as you stop for 0.1 sec to cast a brand and something either appears on you or just sprints at lightspeed.

I've invested 7+ex so far and the clear speed is pretty bad.

Boss damage seems okay i've just done Awakener level 5 without much issue.

Not really sure how i can get upto the crazy numbers others are getting without throwing another 10ex+ into it.

Seems like less than 1million dps and not very tanky for 7ex

*edit* Just done regular shaper. No issues at all with any of the mechanics / boss killing times. Maybe it's just this leagues mechanic that's overturned. Takes longer to kill ultimatum rares than to phase shaper.

I can't help you much here without a PoB. But just looking at your character through the website I can give you a couple recommendations.

Swap your 'Clear Mind' for a watchers eye with a clarity mod and equip clarity. I imagine you're dying to many small hits in rapid succession and your mana regen can't keep up

Allocate Quick recovery. I imagine you don't have this spec'd because your timeless jewel blocks it, in my experience you can roll your timeless jewel for this in under 9 or so Divines.

Get mana regen on your other wand.

Craft a new bench mod onto your belt Storm Brand is not an 'Attack' it's a 'Spell' so that mod does nothing for you.

Your gem setup in your gloves is bad. We can't gain frenzy charges because of Inner Conviction so cold snap is useless and Immortal call is straight up detrimental since it puts arcane cloak on cooldown.

Also you can save a point by allocating the jewel socket above devotion instead of the one beside Agnostic.

Edit: Upgrade your flasks too. Drop both of your life flasks and grab a Cinderswallow and a Quartz/Basalt

Last edited by THE_NAT on May 9, 2021, 12:56:20 AM
Where is the shock in the pob coming from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info