[3.14] No BS Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky | League Starter | Good DPS & Clear

"
Rifmo wrote:
"
THE_NAT wrote:
"
Rifmo wrote:
Hi. A question. How about changing your Anoints from Runesmith to disciple of the slaughter. It's just that my gloves are corrupted, which gives 1 frenzy charge, so I can always support 4 firing charges, not counting bosses. And who knows, does the extra brand from Runesmith make sense or are we using it for other properties? It's just that if you look at dmg according to Pob, then with frenzy significantly more dps comes out.

Yea 'Disciple of the slaughter is good too. the downside to using it though it it won't work with our Timeless Keystone 'Inner Conviction' so we do lose a significant amount of DPS while bossing. On the flipside frenzy charges do give move speed too so that's always nice.

TL;DR
More damage + speed in clear less damage on boss not bad overall but certainly useful.

There is only one problem. Disciple of the slaughter doesn't work with brands((

It should work, Brands do trigger on kill effects. The only thing that I can think of that would stop it from working would be having 'Inner conviction' since it turns all the frenzy charges you gain into power charges.
Make Strom Brand great again.
"
Rifmo wrote:
"
THE_NAT wrote:
"
Rifmo wrote:
Hi. A question. How about changing your Anoints from Runesmith to disciple of the slaughter. It's just that my gloves are corrupted, which gives 1 frenzy charge, so I can always support 4 firing charges, not counting bosses. And who knows, does the extra brand from Runesmith make sense or are we using it for other properties? It's just that if you look at dmg according to Pob, then with frenzy significantly more dps comes out.

Yea 'Disciple of the slaughter is good too. the downside to using it though it it won't work with our Timeless Keystone 'Inner Conviction' so we do lose a significant amount of DPS while bossing. On the flipside frenzy charges do give move speed too so that's always nice.

TL;DR
More damage + speed in clear less damage on boss not bad overall but certainly useful.

There is only one problem. Disciple of the slaughter doesn't work with brands((

It should work, Brands do trigger on kill effects. The only thing that I can think of that would stop it from working would be having 'Inner conviction' since it turns all the frenzy charges you gain into power charges.
Why do we keep archmage quality at 0%? Could you explain, please?
"
Why do we keep archmage quality at 0%? Could you explain, please?

Giving Archmage 20% quality would make the skill cost more mana and give us more damage(~10%). I figured I would rather have a lower cost skill than the damage. However if you feel differently feel free to get it to 20%.
Which one do you think will be the best of these veiled cinderswallow flask mods and why?

15% of Damage Taken from Hits is Leeched as Life during Flask Effect

Regenerate 3% of Life per second during Flask Effect

(25-20)% reduced Mana Cost of Skills during Flask Effect

50% Chance to avoid being Stunned during Flask Effect and MS
Last edited by asdiahauhdasiudhsadsada on Mar 8, 2021, 6:50:59 AM
"
Which one do you think will be the best of these veiled cinderswallow flask mods and why?

This does almost nothing we already have so much life regen. Dying is usually caused by a lack of mana regen

Same thing again we have so much life regen and extra 3% won't do much

This is just bad since it lowers our damage, and gives us inconsistent mana costs.

This is the one I would go for. It makes it feel slightly less bad to opt for Solaris or Lunaris instead of brine king and the MS is always nice.

Best build i have played so far ! :)

Any suggestions what else can I do?

https://pastebin.com/itUfwsyh
"
Best build i have played so far ! :)

Any suggestions what else can I do?

https://pastebin.com/itUfwsyh

Glad you're enjoying the build so much. As far as suggestions go I have a couple of things.

You mana regen is super low. Right now if you want to maintain maximum mana you can cast storm brand once a second. It also means if you get hit you have to stop casting to some extent to recover mana and keep you EHP up. To remedy this you have some available options.

1. Look at switching to wands. you can get 50% mana regen on each wand
2. Swap you lab enchant on you boots to mana regen. Boots only have 16 enchants so you can probably get this in 2 lab runs with 'Gift to the Goddess.'
3. Better watchers eye will help but it would be expensive.
4. Fertile catalyst on you ring will increase the mana regen on it

Just making those changes will more than double you mana regen.

Aside from that some more straightforward things to fix are.

1. You need more max mana. Since we take half our damage from our mana pool first you want you mana pool to be bigger than you life pool
2. If you have it trigger socketed spell wands are much nicer than CWDT so look into that if you have the craft.
3. Lv 21 Storm Brand is a solid damage increase ~400k for you
4. You can un-allocate the 30 Dex node you have
Thanks for the answer and help

For now I can't afford a swap for wands because am too poor :P

Why do you think that my mana regen is very low? When I reach lvl 93 the mana regen will be only 10% lower than in the original cheap build

What do you think of my cluster and "regular" jewels? I used a little bit other than you and I don't know if it's worth changing.

I am looking for a better helmet, but there are only few of them and the prices are very high.

Have you thought about changing pantheon or these options are the best ?

I don't know why but despite so many defensive options I have a problem with reaching level 93 because I often die at random moments. I choose mods on the maps (t14-16) very carefully, I don't know what may be the cause of this.

Do you think the flask are ok or should I change one?

Sorry for the chaotic speech, I also used a translator. Regards and thanks once again
"
Thanks for the answer and help

For now I can't afford a swap for wands because am too poor :P

Why do you think that my mana regen is very low? When I reach lvl 93 the mana regen will be only 10% lower than in the original cheap build

What do you think of my cluster and "regular" jewels? I used a little bit other than you and I don't know if it's worth changing.

I am looking for a better helmet, but there are only few of them and the prices are very high.

Have you thought about changing pantheon or these options are the best ?

I don't know why but despite so many defensive options I have a problem with reaching level 93 because I often die at random moments. I choose mods on the maps (t14-16) very carefully, I don't know what may be the cause of this.

Do you think the flask are ok or should I change one?

Sorry for the chaotic speech, I also used a translator. Regards and thanks once again

The mana regen in the cheap build is low. It's enough but it's not comfortable. One you get more mana regen you won't die as much to maps because it will take bigger hits to out damage your regen.

Your medium clusters are excellent no need to upgrade them ever. You large cluster isn't ideal of course but you mentioned you don't have much in the way of currency and it's 100% good enough for now. As far as your other jewels they work well too but eventually look into small cluster jewels.

Yea helmets are a good DPS increase but they get very expensive. I would look towards getting better ele res on other gear before upgrading your helmet so you don't need to also have ele res on it. Certainly your gloves could be a lot better.

for pantheon I prefer Soul of Gruthkul for the phys damage reduction, It's not a huge thing though.

I would recommend swapping quartz to quicksilver. Time is money if you can run maps faster you can generate currency faster.

In terms of trouble hitting 93 because you keep dying there are a couple things you can do.
1. Make sure your standing far away from enemies. Storm Brand should be able to hit enemies at the end of you screen. This playstyle will slow down your mapping speed but you won't die as much.

2. As mentioned before mana regen helps with this because it means your keeping up you EHP pool while taking constant damage.

3. Disorienting display on a large cluster jewel will make enemies miss 50% of their attacks. This is quite a large bonus since in maps you'll often die to many small attacks.

4. Not really something to fix so much as something to note but I personally wouldn't go for level 93 with gear like that. I would try to farm up some currency and improve my gear then once I deal more damage and have more survivability try to level up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info