[3.13] Ivory Ice Nova Inquisitor - Stat stacking, Fanaticism, Spellslinger. All content clear

Well, after 2nd day of red maps experience, im not reccomending this build to play.
Sadly things - build has amazing map clearing potential, but as bosskiller is meh...
By far with all my gear - dps is 1.2 mil x4, but in real life it feels like 0.5 mil.
A8 drox fight was about 1 min, good survival but no dps.
And i have no idea how that can be improved.
Even if i get x2 damage, it wont fix the main issues.

May be someone with big experience in game and alot in similar builds can push it further, but once again - im not reccomending it to anyone who is just not a pro poe player.

Hey Askandor,

It looks like your character is only level 76 at the moment. I guess you are just missing the cluster jewel setup although you have the large cluster jewel in place. I would think once you have that filled out and have one or two decent medium cluster jewels as well you'll notice a big damage boost.

Maybe wait and see what it feels like at level 90+ ???? If you are in red maps it really shouldn't take too long to hit that as you mention that the survival is good.

A level 21 Ice Nova or Vaal Ice Nova might help a bit as well as levelling up your arcane surge a bit more.

I'm still working towards the gear for mine atm and I'm fairly happy to hear that you were able to take down an A8 conqueror at level 76! I'm sure more damage will come with extra levels should you decide to keep playing it.

I'm pleased you found it had good map clear. One of the things I was slightly worried about was keeping up charges as well as the Fanaticism buff. I look forward to trying it out, hopefully by next weekend or thereabouts.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Feb 19, 2021, 11:57:58 AM
"
Askandor wrote:
Well, after 2nd day of red maps experience, im not reccomending this build to play.
Sadly things - build has amazing map clearing potential, but as bosskiller is meh...
By far with all my gear - dps is 1.2 mil x4, but in real life it feels like 0.5 mil.
A8 drox fight was about 1 min, good survival but no dps.
And i have no idea how that can be improved.
Even if i get x2 damage, it wont fix the main issues.

May be someone with big experience in game and alot in similar builds can push it further, but once again - im not reccomending it to anyone who is just not a pro poe player.

You need a lot of points on the tree for this build to start to shine, it is a stacker.

1st - you should not be doing red maps at lvl 76 (or 81) - stick to T10 maps until around lvl 82 for the most experience. I did the same thing! Had a 6L chest and a helm enchantment and just sent it into red maps at 76-78 and had the same results. Now that I am lvl 89 I am able to breeze through T12's and just did a T15 beachhead with no problems. T12 relic chambers I just killed the skeleton boss in 2-3 seconds.

My int/str is still very low (only 715/438) and I don't have a lvl 21 ice nova yet (I want 21/20 for the AOE). That being said, I weathered the growing pains and I am now feeling better as I close in on 90! I need to get some medium cluster jewels and better gear still YET I am having no problem smoking bosses except Oshabi, Avatar of the Grove. Oshabi was the first real wall I hit, she has very high elemental resistance and seemed close to immune to cold damage. I could only get Oshabi to half life before I ran out of portals and I was around lvl 86.

I will not fully judge this builds capabilities until I have some of the last pieces like the lvl 21 ice nova and tailwind boots + meduim cluster jewels and other lvl 20 gems. Oshabi could be cursed with frostbite or something and I am sure the OP could kill her with his lvl 100 version of this build easily.
🐢
Sirus down now and kicking ass! I am lvl 92 and just about done pimping out this build. This guy is so point hungry and begs to be lvled up higher! I ended up with a lot less ES than I thought I would and still need a onslaught on hit ring yet one with a ton of chaos res is very expensive - so I got onslaught boots. I have killed shaper and elder guardians easily, minotaur witnessed by the Maven. Just need chimera's stone and I will fight shaper.

My thoughts:

1.) its expensive (tailwind boots are $$)
2.) wands are very hard to find with the right combo of stats
3.) its expensive (altered gems are insane as is watcher's eye)
4.) build shines in group play with an aura bot (duh)
5.) Heart of the grove boss is still very hard with this build

I could see how someone who does not like to min/max as I do would give up on this. If you keep going you end up with something that is close to as promised, all content down. Will kill shaper easily as I know the fight very well. That damn Oshibi harvest boss on the other hand...
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Feb 25, 2021, 2:45:54 PM
Gz on Killing Sirus Koheleth. I've not gotten to him yet but have the first 3 conqueror's down at AW4 so I guess I might get to him at some point.

I've only been running the build for a few levels so far (level 90 atm) but it's pretty smooth when I get the timing / cadence right. I don't think I will be getting the really crazy gear for it like Tailwind / Elusive boots with good chaos res & ES as like you say, they are incredibly expensive if you can find them up for sale at all. However build functions really well even with lower investment.

I ended up running a Large Thread of Hope at Witch as that let me grab: Heart of Ice, Breath Rime, Utmost Intellect, Snowforged, Arcane Focus, Practical Application and potentially Light Eater if I level the build up to lvl 94. Seems like pretty good value in that spot. I didn't go with the large cluster jewel but just made do with a single medium with Blast Freeze and Cold Conduction.

I ended up using a lvl 1 CWDT + Cold Snap (7) + Bonechill (20) which as long as a boss or something in a ritual hits you tends to mean you get a nice area of ground where enemies take increased cold damage based on your chill effect. Something that works well with Bonechill, Breath Rime & Anomalous Cold Snap.

The Cinderswallow did make mapping & ritual encounters especially really smooth. I also used a Bottled Faith as well just to cover any Ritual areas or boss encounters in consecrated ground to get some nice regen going.

Should be on course to hit around 10K ES at level 93. Currently lvl 90 but still at a pretty comfy 9.8k ES plus 2100 unreserved mana and capped chaos res. I've not found chaos damage to be a big problem yet but I tend to shy away from stuff like Temple on this character anyway just in case whilst I am levelling.

Happy with the build so far and using it to farm up gear for my last build of the league. Like I say, I probably won't be buying much new stuff for this one now but that's really testament to the fact that it works really well even without the "luxury" upgrades.

Thx for posting the guide Dariidar :)
This is my second PoE league and first post to the PoE forum. I have been enjoying this build a lot. It's been clearing very well and I've been able to push into red maps for the first time.

I'm wondering what modifiers should be prioritized for the wand, beyond the initial guide mods. More of a mid to endgame want. I'm using a decent wand now but feel my damage is still missing a bit against bosses. I am missing the Cinderswallow flaks so that may be a big factor.

This has been a very fun build and I plan on using it through Ritual league to keep killing bosses and push further than I have before in PoE. Thanks for a great build!
Hey Sajimo,

Congrats on making it into red maps for the first time. Ritual rewards did seem to me to be noticeably better in reds than yellows so hopefully you'll find some good stuff on offer soon.

Yeah, your wand looks pretty decent. I would be more inclined to focus on getting a 6-link Ivory Tower as that will be the biggest DPS increase for the build. Once you've got that then circling back for a better wand will make sense. OP has suggested the sort of stats to look for on a suitable wand in the gear buying section. He heavily favours getting attack speed as he likes shield charging around really fast. If that's also what you like then Attack Speed is a great QoL stat to have on a wand but it's not giving you any damage. Cast Speed on the other hand would be much more beneficial in the damage department.

For me the Cinderswallow isn't really massive for bossing but makes clearing feel really smooth; especially when you are clearing through a lot of enemies at one time like engaging Harbinger packs or in Ritual encounters. For bosses a Bottled Faith is likely better just because it has a lot of charges and a decent duration as well. It's also quite nice defensively as it tends to put you on consecrated ground which with Zealot's Oath gives you 6% energy shield regen. They are normally quite expensive but this league I think because Zana is giving so many cortex missions they are actually pretty cheap. I would still recommend the 6-link Ivory Tower over any other upgrade but then a Cinderswallow would make mapping feel really nice after that IMO. Then maybe look at getting a wand and Bottled Faith if you still feel like you need more damage.

Good luck with it anyway!
Funny you say that about ritual rewards.... I rerolled a opulent ritual on a T12 yesterday and had a mirror pop up. Didn't have enough tribute to defer...So it goes.

Thanks for the input on my build and gear. I appreciate the feedback and have been working on changes. After flipping Thread of Hope for a few hours to make currency, I bought a new Ivory Tower and used a Fated Connections on it. That seems like the best way to get a 6-link and it has nice stats.

I also upgraded my Shaper's Touch with cast speed to help with damage. This build has been a lot of fun because the unique's offer a straight forward min/max while the rare's give a pretty straight forward juggle of res and life.

I'll be looking into the Cinderflask and won't made it a priority. Plan to push a bit more and see how far I get with the new beefy upgrades. I have a feeling some of the really expensive gear like onslaught ring/tailwind will be a bit win more and beyond my scope/price range
"
sajimo wrote:
I bought a new Ivory Tower and used a Fated Connections on it. That seems like the best way to get a 6-link and it has nice stats.

Yeah, I did the exact same to get my 6-link Ivory Tower.

Sorry to hear about the Mirror. That sucks.

I hit 94 on my character and really enjoyed my time with it. Not sure I'm going to play it a bunch more but that's mostly just because I don't expect to play the league a lot more now. It was a really fun build though and I'll certainly consider it again in the future assuming Inquisitor remains unchanged.
This seems to have been buffed with the vaal ice nova? Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info