[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

Hey guys did you think this build can take an headhunter belt ?
"
Fayga wrote:

Hi Fayga,

yes, you can use a headhunter easy for fast mapping full deliriums or what you want and prefer. Longer buffs are not easy to switch in, but the belt soleley with elemental-resistances is fast to switch.

In the spoiler "variations" --> spoiler "Full Null and headhunting" you find the set-up.
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Fayga wrote:

Hi Fayga,

yes, you can use a headhunter easy for fast mapping full deliriums or what you want and prefer. Longer buffs are not easy to switch in, but the belt soleley with elemental-resistances is fast to switch.

In the spoiler "variations" --> spoiler "Full Null and headhunting" you find the set-up.

Oh yeah did see it thanks a lot !!
Much congrats also to zzZCIAOZzz reaching level 100! Arachnophilia!

With 60 virulences, switched in precision-aura and tempest shield-skill, and interesting not used serpentine spellslinger or divergent HoA for optimized substaining virulences singletarget, he builded some more damage for some less defences. Congratulations!
So big thanks to both monik390 and Chromino for inspiring today's craft to go for the melee-cyclone style vs the ball lightning self cast

I created a freaking monster pair of gloves

Need to fix a bit of resist now... but yea - these went just about as good as you could possibly want (only took me 2 awakens to get an open suffix, and landed Faster attaacks on my first reforge speed more common after getting said open suffix) and then I casually landed T1 ES% on my 2nd reforge defense more common.

I'm afraid to risk doing a Suffix Lock + T4 Aisling... because getting T1 ES% again... just isn't very likely - so not 100% sure if I just exalt slam or do the Aisling 50/50 gamble, but I'll cross that bridge tomorrow

edit - oh, and going the melee route let me swap my frost shield for a fortify gem in the gloves, and now I can run both Dread Banner and a lvl 21 Precision on top of the standard aura setup
Last edited by Kujabuja on Sep 20, 2021, 12:30:40 AM
"
Kujabuja wrote:
So big thanks to both monik390 and Chromino for inspiring today's craft to go for the melee-cyclone style vs the ball lightning self cast

edit - oh, and going the melee route let me swap my frost shield for a fortify gem in the gloves, and now I can run both Dread Banner and a lvl 21 Precision on top of the standard aura setup

Congrats =) Yep, faster attacks support as good as accuracy in terms of virulence uptime, no problem here. Nice gloves =)

Be sure to make a proper comparison between fortify and gmp.

My opinion was from gmp pov, so fortify might feel in a different way.

Edit: ah, with precision faster attacks support is better than accuracy, yes. But I still think that awakened cwc is a must-have. The difference is very noticeable.
Last edited by monik390 on Sep 20, 2021, 7:40:19 AM
"
Kujabuja wrote:

Need to fix a bit of resist now... but yea - these went just about as good as you could possibly want (only took me 2 awakens to get an open suffix, and landed Faster attaacks on my first reforge speed more common after getting said open suffix) and then I casually landed T1 ES% on my 2nd reforge defense more common.

I'm afraid to risk doing a Suffix Lock + T4 Aisling... because getting T1 ES% again... just isn't very likely - so not 100% sure if I just exalt slam or do the Aisling 50/50 gamble, but I'll cross that bridge tomorrow

Hehe, best done! Very nice gloves, high es, 7 links, congratulations too!

I had so often problems to get 55-60 virulences with cyclone or meleeskills - I have to try again with more speed and accuracy.
When you get 55 or 60 virulences continuous singletarget, please tell!
"
Chromino wrote:

I had so often problems to get 55-60 virulences with cyclone or meleeskills - I have to try again with more speed and accuracy.

There is a thing - you need either faster attack or accuracy support on gloves to get them. It is similar to faster casting for self-casting. FA gives an attack speed enough to cover 50-60% hit chance (so adding precision is a good thing here), and accuracy gives >90% hit chance (92% with lvl 18 in my case).

And there is a trick on bosses: you need to hit the boss with both cyclone and ball lightning most of the time. That requires staying stationary while cycloning (a bit clunky to do at the beginning but easy to get used to it).

I did every big boss encounter in the game up to the feared with cyclone, but I have to say that sometimes self-casting probably would be better.

So, culling strike/cyclone gloves are definitely better on maps, but self-casting can feel better on some hard bosses bc no need to melee-facetank them.
Last edited by monik390 on Sep 20, 2021, 11:03:25 AM
"

Yeah, as Monik mentioned I'm having no issue maintaining 55-60 stacks of virulence single target currently as long as I'm hitting the boss. Oh, one suggestion I have Monik is switching to Phantasmal cyclone for the reduced stun chance it comes with.

I switched from ball lightning to blade vortex in my CWC links in my gloves and really like it a lot as well.

It may be just the ridiculous OP gloves alone that is allowing this, but it could also be the tailwind from my boots that add to it and allow it to sustain so well. Being able to add in the Precision aura because I could remove Frost Shield and swapped GMP to Fortify is a big deal too.

As is though... it is indeed sustaining 55-60 single target.

My only remaining projects for my gear (outside getting a vuln + reserve + walker dmg ring that seemingly doesnt exist) will be to get the defenses up on the belt I bought to fix my resists... and then maybe try double corrupting some Aul's or something? Also, getting increased duration, shocked ground + freeze immunity, tailwind, & high speeds on the boots is working well so far, but maybe there's a better combo out there I haven't thought of yet.

Oh, and I guess I can craft/corrupt more cluster jewels to try and land RMR, and maybe can upgrade to hatred at some point without losing grace.

Oh - one other thing is I picked up a 10% frenzy charge on kill Arakali's fang, so I may give that a try too
Last edited by Kujabuja on Sep 20, 2021, 11:32:44 AM
Oh, I got an urge to test blade vortex after the Kujabujas' post, just because I saw a possibility to fit smth else instead of fortify (wanted to fit a desecrate here for a bit more automation).

I made a few tests on virulence uptime on a single target with Cyclone and different gem setups (again, my gloves have lvl 18 accuracy support):

Blade Vortex (3l, can fit fortify or whatever support gem): https://youtu.be/VEsJkGTMOQk

Very slow to get 60 virulence, but can maintain it somehow.

Blade Vortex + Faster Attacks: https://youtu.be/ewXKGrfUxV0

Indeed, a way better and stable 60v uptime.

Ball Lightning + GMP: https://youtu.be/R8B-dD14DeE

EZ 55-60v (got stunned on video and screwed positioning, but quickly got it back later). Still the best mapping setup for me.

Blade Vortex + Ball Lightning: https://youtu.be/SUGszQ6sJec

Best 59-60v uptime. Very stable.

Blade Vortex + Desecrate: https://youtu.be/hmqNeEC565I

Ugh, just bad. 40v.

Blade Vortex + Bladefall: https://youtu.be/8LW8_8LNpd4

60v, but a bit slow to get.

Overall, 1 spell + support is better, since 2 spells trigger on a sequence. BL+BV is fine, but desecrate or any non-damage is not.

BL+GMP is still my fav, but BV + faster attacks/fortify is a very viable option. Also, BL+BV is still best for bosses.

Indeed, Kujabuja gloves and precision/tailwind perfectly suit for fortify.

Edit: I forgot to test BL+slower projectiles/faster attacks support tho, probably alright too, definitely better than GMP on bosses.
Last edited by monik390 on Sep 20, 2021, 2:45:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info