[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
Kaevar wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Kaevar wrote:
Another question. Is it possible to use Determination in Ritual league? My HoA has 45% mana reservation. 4% more than PoB link. I guess its because my Circle of Nostalgia is 20% reduced reservation for HoA vs 24% in PoB, but it seems 20% is now maximum. And with 45% on HoA, then 30% Discipline, and there is no space to fit 27% for Determination. Any advice?

Hi Kaevar,

Determination is very important, almost most important for pdr, ar, es/ block.

You have to put 20x "fertile catalysts" on your circle-ring. These manaupgrades take your ring from 20% to 24% rmr.

For other manareservation: take a look at gear, skills, links ===》 spoiler circle of nostalgia. Inside that spoiler is a spoiler, lol :-) , "additional manamanagements" with a lot workarounds until you get enough mana.

Or use only 4 supportgems for the dirty scorpion (or supports with 0% manamultiply like knockback, blind, stun, etc.) until you get the fertile catalysts with trading/ delve/ metamorphs.

And limit ball-lightning, clarity and Nova to gemlevel 1. See spoiler gear, links, skills: gemlevelqualities.

Hope you enjoy and have fun! Yuchuu!

Allright, the catalysts are what I was missing I think :).

Btw, If possible, I would advise to change the name of guide chapters. I mean, they make sense once you know what is in them, but finding the information you need as a newbie is kind of hard :P

Hey Kaevar,

yippiee, now I added an Index / navigation with all the 29 + sub xxx chapters on top and bottom of the build to better find thematics/ faq/ spoilers etc.

It is far not ideal, but a first try and one kind of overview/ navigation/ Index.

Is this enough for navigation or would be more hints/ names/ better descriptions (but also less teasing, less interesting headlines and teasing riddles) in the spoilertitles better in your opionion and your taste?

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 8, 2021, 7:23:02 PM
"
Kaevar wrote:
Did you consider to use maybe Small Cluster with Shifting Shadows? It seems to have lots of goodies in it. Nice bonus to Evasion (so Armor) and 10% chance to Blind on Hit

Yes, it is a good possibility. I never tried. It would free one slot on watcher's eye for blind/ grace, very good! ball-lightning hits very, very often and blind lasts 4 sec. When you get a good watcher eye with other mods, try to take shifting shadows on the cluster set-up. I will put it as a possibility on 1-3 (clusters, clusters alternative, watcher eye Ranking mods possibilities) spots into the build.

Thank you a lot for the very good advice!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 8, 2021, 8:21:37 PM
Hey folks! I've been running a traditional HoA build supported by spectres. Ran into someone in game running this build, and we had a nice long conversation, traded information and build threads. I looked up what he was running, and here I am.

I have to say, this build guide is *Awesome*. The level of detail, the various options, the explanations around gear / tree / skill gem choices are top notch. But what really makes this stand out is the raw language. I just can't stop giggling when I read about the "short legged" "dirty scorpion-tail" "premium lags"... the fun just keeps coming. I have never seen a more entertaining build thread, and I've been here a long... long... Long time.

I am going to give this a try. I suspect I'll need to grind out some currency first though. In theory I could sell some of my current gear - my spectre setup is using a 21/20 raise spectre and another empower 4 - but I'm hesitant to cripple my current setup before I have this one up and running. I'm already level 95 and the only content I've found challenging so far was Sirus. And Maven's version of the elder guardians in the crucible.

I'll need to buy different large cluster jewels though, and those are looking like they are a couple exalts each - and I literally just spent most of my currency yesterday. Maybe if I pick up temp ones without the right 3rd notable?

I've price checked a bunch of the gear, and mostly it seems pretty reasonable. Are there any items other than jewels that come in at 1+ exalts? I already have bottled faith... soul ripper is going to be a couple ex, but I'm guessing I can run without that for a couple days if need be.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"

So I took a look: I a missing the 30 dex you have on gloves and so I did not tried 2 circles because attributes.

I have no dex on gloves /belt and so, without my socketed ring with high dex and only 20 dex/ str on second circle of nostalgia I get only 123 dex/ 150 str total, not enough for max skills. But with dex on belt (or gloves when you cyclone or +30 note on tree) it would be a very good alternative.

I have to try/ find belt with dex and then 2x circle of nostalgia, perhaps get rid of frostwall because I will have one skillgemsocket less. Frostwall is only for delve stationary/ high heists best in slot.

Yes I took 2 talents for +30 dex / +30 str to keep x2 circles
Last edited by frannyx04 on Feb 8, 2021, 9:14:20 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

I've price checked a bunch of the gear, and mostly it seems pretty reasonable. Are there any items other than jewels that come in at 1+ exalts? I already have bottled faith... soul ripper is going to be a couple ex, but I'm guessing I can run without that for a couple days if need be.

I bought most of the gear/gems needed (dont have lvl 4 empower or megalomaniac yet) and it was around 25 ex. I think the most expensive were large clusters and Skin of the Lords. Also, Helmet with the good enchant doesnt ever appear on trade, but I imagine it would be expensive. Another expensive item was ring with vulnerability and very high dex, it also costs a few exalts (not many of them on trade, so it changes)
"
Kaevar wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

I bought most of the gear/gems needed (dont have lvl 4 empower or megalomaniac yet) and it was around 25 ex. I think the most expensive were large clusters and Skin of the Lords. Also, Helmet with the good enchant doesnt ever appear on trade, but I imagine it would be expensive. Another expensive item was ring with vulnerability and very high dex, it also costs a few exalts (not many of them on trade, so it changes)

I checked poetrade only somedays. For bodyarmour with ironreflexes and 5 of 6 correct sockets I saw from day to day prices between 20 chaos and 10 ex. Helmet enchant varied also very much. Hope you get nice ones not too overpriced! The market for 6 correct colours is low staffed. But often it is only 5% difference in damage to the ideal combination.

:-)
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 9, 2021, 7:14:40 AM
Huh, got lucky with adding veiled affixes and got two on on Stygian Vise. Went all in on defenses, just need to change that fire into something else. How much do you think it can be worth?

"
grimjack68 wrote:
Hey folks! I've been running a traditional HoA build supported by spectres. Ran into someone in game running this build, and we had a nice long conversation, traded information and build threads. I looked up what he was running, and here I am.

I have to say, this build guide is *Awesome*. The level of detail, the various options, the explanations around gear / tree / skill gem choices are top notch. But what really makes this stand out is the raw language. I just can't stop giggling when I read about the "short legged" "dirty scorpion-tail" "premium lags"... the fun just keeps coming. I have never seen a more entertaining build thread, and I've been here a long... long... Long time.

I am going to give this a try. I suspect I'll need to grind out some currency first though. In theory I could sell some of my current gear - my spectre setup is using a 21/20 raise spectre and another empower 4 - but I'm hesitant to cripple my current setup before I have this one up and running. I'm already level 95 and the only content I've found challenging so far was Sirus. And Maven's version of the elder guardians in the crucible.

I'll need to buy different large cluster jewels though, and those are looking like they are a couple exalts each - and I literally just spent most of my currency yesterday. Maybe if I pick up temp ones without the right 3rd notable?

Hehe, Grimjack, thank you a very lot for your very, very nice comment! Wooow! :-) :-)

Rotten claws / minion impale make only a small difference singletarget. (You need it only when you use impale support as alternative on HoA.) Two passive points free to change. Raze and pillage is in the visuals very fine! But you can play without the damage too when you don't use added fire on HoA. Call to the slaughter: 1x is enough for movement of minions. Dagger, shield, helmet, HoA ring, amulet and one of the different skin of loyals/ lords are most helpfull for the build and jewels like blue nightmare and healthy mind.

The arachnophobic playstyle is very scatisfying because of this well fitting combo of ranged and melee minions. I prefered it to trigger wand or iron dagger because of the spiders clearing so much screen tasteful.

I know, that guiltless, well- behaving small friends are able of twisting heads, hihi.

Acutely Arachnophilia!

:-)
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 9, 2021, 8:37:28 AM
I have a question, I just transitioned to bare minimum to run this build. And I mean not 5-10 exa, just 1-2, am squishy but that I know why, the big question for me is: how do i re summon spiders while the last party of em is still alive? I try to kill the worms before the spiders do, but I miserably fail, so I get like 20 spiders uptime than 0 while I manage to get to a safespot with the Hoa crawler, and only hen re summon. am puzzled, guyz, halp XD
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Feb 9, 2021, 2:11:32 PM
"
I have a question, I just transitioned to bare minimum to run this build. And I mean not 5-10 exa, just 1-2, am squishy but that I know why, the big question for me is: how do i re summon spiders while the last party of em is still alive? I try to kill the worms before the spiders do, but I miserably fail, so I get like 20 spiders uptime than 0 while I manage to get to a safespot with the Hoa crawler, and only hen re summon. am puzzled, guyz, halp XD

Hello ShatteredEssence,

perhaps take a look at the spoiler "blizzard". There is one easy method to raise 18-20 spiders almost each ( ... still not every) time. 2x desecrate, open (1-)2 writhing jar (simultan), instant Nova or instant frostblink. For me personally this works best on mousebuttons because I am with that controls faster and can target desecrate easy central next to guardian. But other players prefer other keys.

When you die very often: take a look at FAQ, flasks (antibleeding flask + granite:3000 armour flask) and missing determination-aura ("Gear, skills, links", and Mana-Management, only 3-4 HoA supports when you miss mana for reservation).

Your character is getting fine! :-)

I am not experienced at build up gearing and levelling-tricks, perhaps others have tipps!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 9, 2021, 7:16:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info