[3.13] Elementalist VJR2's Frenzy/Power/Archmage Discharge Ignite: One Click = Destroy everything

Hey there, this is my first guide since I play the game from 2017. Elementalist was always my favourite ascendancy and finally get she deserved her buff in 3.13. Personally I hate playing golems, and even if they can resummon now, I definitely avoid that now

The best thing of elementalist now is... Shaper of Flames. Seriously, any damage can ignite now. What if we ignite with pure lightning/cold damage? That would mean free elemental equilibrium which means -50% res. Also with the reworked Mastermind of Discord we will have extra -25% resistances to enemies by just using fire exposure sources. We can easily reach over 10 million ignite DPS. And with ignite proliferation support we just one tap and the pack will die.

And how are we going to make this happen?: Discharge

Concept

Spoiler

Changelog:

Spoiler
CHANGELOG 19/01

- Updated Core Mechanics

- Added Defensive Mechanics

- Added Ascendancy Nodes Explaination

- Added Exposure subtittle/Wave of Conviction Issues

- Update path of building

To do:

- Show Current Gear (IDK how to do it yet, has I said, this is my first actual guide)

- Leveling guide

- Ideal gear

- Improve gem links section

- Gameplay video (maybe will be for the end)

Table of Contents:
Spoiler

1.Pros/Cons

2.Mechanic explained

3.Defensive Mechanics

4.Current Gear

5.Skill Tree and Ascendancy

6.Gem Links

Pros/Cons

Pros:

- Insane Ignite DMG
- Your damage has 100% chance to ignite, so don’t worry about increase chances
- You theoretically may use 7 frenzy + 7 Power charges
- Cold + Lightning ignite means free elemental equilibrium
- Arcane Cloak + Primal Aegis means extra defensive pool
- Defensive Mechanics MoM + Agnostic + Primal Aegis + Arcane Cloak
- Vitality + Agnostic means agressive life regent (over 30% hp/second)

Cons:

- Currently for me, Chaos damage is somehow painful
- Bad for early leveling: I actually started with this and struggles a lot to use the skill before act 8
- Two skills build (discharge + storm brand). Mouse with lateral buttons is highly recommended lol
- Even with the extra defensive pool it isn't by any means a tanky character

Mechanics Explained
Spoiler

Discharge was buffed this league (again) in terms of damage. Has 450% effectiveness of added damage. That 's insane. What if we use it with archmage support by just running clarity? Well, just insane damage. The thing that’s not so good is it deals 30% less damage with ailments, which means, the actual ignite effectiveness is 315% and it’s still insane added damage. It’s almost the same concept as Chieftain, only we will use power charges instead of endurance charges. Also, when you get an 10% frenzy on hit chest you will try to focus on increasing max frenzy charges besides power charges, since 5 frenzy charges will provide 20% more damage which applies for ignite as well.

How we sustain all those charges without farrul’s fur?

Storm Brand: has a great activation frequency that works like a charm on packs and we can cast up to 3 brands at the same time. We will support it with increased critical strikes support, faster casting + power charge on crit support. Also we are using arcane cloak with max level arcane surge which provides extra casting speed and also brand activation rate, with extra duration. With 5 frenzy charges we can achieve 5 storm brand hits/second which in no time will grant us 5 frenzy + 6 power charges in no time with 1 pack.

Ah, and we also have elemental overload which is active 100% of time

Defensive Mechanics
Spoiler

We use MoM + Agnostic Combo with Atziri’s fobile, Pure Talent and wave of conviction…. wave of conviction, you may be asking? Yes, because with the new mastermind of discord node we will get extra base 1% mana regen/second every time we apply exposure. And also -50% fire exposure with the ascendancy node + wave of conviction. But since all our enemies will be hitted with 5 lightning hits/second due to storm brand, its perfectly fine to use this skill with lvl 1 cast when damage is taken.

Also we have Primal Aegis which is way better than I expected. Even if it only tanks elemental damage it still helps you a lot for not being killed, specially when in this build you can have 3.3k Primal Aegis HP. Also we have arcane cloak with arcane surge. Arcane cloak will provide us tankiness against hits and arcane surge extra mana regen which is great.

Even all of this that sounds good, physical and chaos damage are dangerous. You may sometimes be oneshoted, specially by Porcupine Goliath monsters that casts projectile spread when they die, be absolutely careful of them, my 70% deaths were because of that things

I also use Unwavering stance to don't get interrupted when attempting to discharge, I think it's a must pick since without it you will get very frustrated when trying to discharge. I haven’t picked glazing glows but I'm fine, currently 33% block damage and 28% block spell, no problem.

Skill Tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAKLBAcEswYOBjkI9An2EmkTNRZAFm8XHBekGDwYVhhdGS4achzcHRQfAh8YIG4i9CO9Jy8n7Sj6Liwv1jD4McIy0TbFOtg9D0GHRUdFnUb-TItMs00UUDBRYFH7U1JUrlXGVkhewGaeahtqQ2q7bRlxeXy7fdJ99YKbgseD24UyhX2IWo8aj0aQVZD6l5WX9JitmuCbIZ_LoEKiAKcIqDWt8a7_r6e3PriTvSfAZsT2xorNFs-D0B_YJNi9323fiuNq6-7vS-_r8B_zBvno-tL7qv4K_rM=?accountName=VicenteElBritannia&characterName=Arsali

Ascendancy

Spoiler

1. Shaper of Flames: Pick this one first no matter what, since it's the node which this build is based. With this node all of our damage (cold, lightning, even physical, chaos) will ignite 100% chance. There is 25% more damage if our max dmg output for ignite is fire, however we are not using fire dmg output to take advantage of elemental equilibrium to get free -50% fire pn

2. Bastion of elements: will make you tankier. Even if it only tanks elemental damage will give you a lot of survability, specially when you are under elemental weakness or any source that lowers elemental resistances

3. Mastermind of Discord if you already have a setup with wave of conviction to get extra 1% base mana regen

Finally:

4.Heart of destruction: Convergence grants us 30% more elemental damage against bosses, which is a charm for ignite. It will require a little bit concentration from you, players, because ideally you will want to discharge with max charges + convergence active

As extra gems we run pure talent to get extra 0.5% base mana regen plus 3 Cobalt Grand Spectrums to make sure storm brand does the job with power on crit support

Arcane Cloak + Wave of Conviction Issues

"
Since Arcane Cloak will add lightning damage to all our spells, wave of conviction will apply lightning exposure instead of Fire. So, the you have 2 options. Use Immortal Call with lvl 8 arcane surge instead of lvl 20; or equip a cluster jewel with corrosive elements. Since Discharge is also a fire spell tag, it will have 25% chance to inflict fire exposure. Also since our storm brand is the main charge generator and it will hit between 0.25 and 0.2 frequency it will apply exposure 100% of the time and we will get our 1% base mana regen for free

Leveling guide

Spoiler
Pending for Jan 21 - Jan 22
Last edited by VicenteElBritannia on Jan 21, 2021, 9:19:45 AM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2021, 10:31:21 PM
video will be?
"
dboySasha wrote:
video will be?

Sure! Sorry for the Current State of the Build, I'm writting the guide in google docs. For now, I share a little bit the concept of the build. Tomorrow at the evening I edit the post and give some details and sure, video
Doesn't the fire damage from Wave of Conviction mess with your Elemental Equilibrium?
How about deffensive mechanics? My divine ire elementalist have a lot of struggle with this. How you make your character alive in endgame?
Last edited by Iselor008 on Jan 19, 2021, 7:57:13 AM
CHANGELOG 19/01

- Updated Core Mechanics

- Added Defensive Mechanics

- Added Ascendancy Nodes Explaination

To do:

- Show Current Gear (IDK how to do it yet, has I said, this is my first actual guide)

- Leveling guide

- Ideal gear

- Improve gem links section

- Gameplay video (maybe will be for the end)
Last edited by VicenteElBritannia on Jan 19, 2021, 9:52:07 AM
"
Bento_ wrote:
Doesn't the fire damage from Wave of Conviction mess with your Elemental Equilibrium?

Nope, enemies will get constantly hitted by storm brand by at least (with no charges) a frecuency of 0.28 and up to 0.2, so no problem.
Last edited by VicenteElBritannia on Jan 19, 2021, 9:54:49 AM
"
"
dboySasha wrote:
video will be?

Sure! Sorry for the Current State of the Build, I'm writting the guide in google docs. For now, I share a little bit the concept of the build. Tomorrow at the evening I edit the post and give some details and sure, video

looking interes
I also forgot to say that I need to update the path of building. I'm a linux user and I need the path of building web version to update to the ascendancy changes. Also when I did path of building forgot to use frenzy charges, so maybe at weekend I will update path of building
Build looks good, very interesting. I'm currently doing divine ire ignite but now I'm thinking about switching!

Two questions:
1) have you tried lightning warp as a clear skill? I have it on a 5L staff and it clears blue packs in a single hit, makes clear much faster. Lightning Warp, Swift Affliction, Reduced Duration, Faster Casting, Ignite Prolif.
2) How do you feel about heirophant vs elementalist? You would lose the frenzy charge damage (and a ring slot) but maybe the extra mana would give enough damage to be worth it? Especially since you can't really use Mastermind of Discord properly.

edit: I can't actually access your pastebin, I don't know why. Any chance you could rehost it on the .com pastebin?
Last edited by AlsoD on Jan 21, 2021, 6:31:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info