After crashing can't close the program even through task manager.

Same for me
As some other users said using Directx11 instead of Vulcan solved the issue for me.

After the server reset I haven't encountered more problems and I'm back on Vulcan. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: It happened again...
Last edited by IJate on Jan 17, 2021, 5:44:13 PM
Same problem here.
I'm also being affected by this problem. Neither task manager or cmd taskkill can close the game, only a hard reset of my computer
Same here and sometime game freeze and restarting my pc.....
I see this when in full screen mode. If you go to windowed fullscreen, then at least you can crash but close the app.

I was also able to play by switching from English to Spanish...
Same here.
[Removed]
Last edited by xtesterx on Jan 24, 2021, 8:20:58 PM
No luck on the WMIC route either
Spoiler

wmic:root\cli>process where name="PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe" call terminate
Execute (\\PC\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_Process.Handle="29296")->terminate() (Y/N/?)? y
Method execution successful.
Out Parameters:
instance of __PARAMETERS
{
ReturnValue = 2;
};

wmic:root\cli>process where name="PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe" delete
Delete '\\PC\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_Process.Handle="29296"' (Y/N/?)? y
Deleting instance \\PC\ROOT\CIMV2:Win32_Process.Handle="29296"
ERROR:
Description = Access denied

PoE window remains open.

Not sure if its a red herring or not but I did attach Visual Studio to the stuck exe and the output was flooded with
"
Exception thrown at 0x00007FFA1A43D759 in PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Poco::NotFoundException
Now i'm not sure if Path of Exile uses Poco or if it's just outputting that since I have Poco libraries installed.
Not only am I experiencing this as well but my PC refused to restart. It just hung for 10 minutes while attempting to. I had to force it off by holding down the power button. I'm not risking my PC to play this game. I know that the chances are incredibly slim but I'm not willing to risk it. If it happens again I'm done playing until this gets resolved. Figuring out what's going on with this should be your top priority, IMO. It's one thing for the game to crash. It's a completely different thing for it to cause your entire system to hang.

EDIT: I'm playing Borderless/DX BTW.
Last edited by BrownTown86 on Jan 18, 2021, 4:09:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info