[3.13] Aziire's CwC Hydrosphere Elementalist - Maven Ez Clap | Ritual League Starter

Hey, your POB is 404ing so I can't check it. I took a look trying to pull in your POB by account name and checking your character's items out on the site here over lunch. I'll try to cover a few things that might help out damage and survivability.

Note: I couldn't see what your megalomaniac has, but I'd guess at least Thunderstruck based on your post.

Survivability:

I think you're focusing a lot more than you need to on both ES and Life. I'd advise focusing more on Life (and maybe getting the 10% life added as ES, on a new chest, see below) but mostly working on damage mitigation. Do you use Tempest Shield? I don't see it immediately, but it not only adds survivability but gives more damage with Light of Lunaris

If my POB download of your account (again, maybe not accurate) is correct, you have more Life and ES (4865/1769) than me (3894/1812), but my effectiveHP is much higher (150k vs 22k for physical damage). A lot of that is from me taking a lot of physical damage as lightning (chest/helm) which means they hurt a lot less.

Those are pretty (chest) and a little (helm) expensive, but both help a lot.

Damage:

I think Elemental Overload is actively bad. 1) You have Light of Lunaris which gives a lot of Flat Crit Multiplier that's being wasted right now. You get Power Charges from Stormrider which literally doesn't help you almost at all if you have EO. Right now you have ~20% chance to crit, and if you crit you deal 40% more elemental damage for a time. My current POB says my effective crit chance is 89%, and my crits hit for 470% flat damage, for a Crit Effect Mod of 4.323x damage. That's obviously with a lot of things in place, but even a little bit of crit multi will put you at crits doing double damage, which is loads better than 40% increased ele (which scales way worse).

For more reference, my POB is currently at 45m dps and if I allocated EO, I would drop to 15m.

I think Conductivity on hit (ring) should move to Elemental Weakness. Otherwise Call of the Brotherhood may end up being actually a damage decrease (see a page or two back for info on that, we just discussed it).

If you're able to get an Anomalous Storm Burst, you could possibly unallocate all of the points leading to Exceptional Performance (anoint it instead) and then do another Thread of Hope (medium ring) on the left side to hit Divine Wrath and some other good notables (Singular Focus, Sanctum of Thought, Divine Judgement). With anomalous SB you'd stay at the 2.4s breakpoint, currently being at 2.52 doesn't do anything more than 2.4

After that, it's really about stacking up on bigger increases in damage. +to levels of your storm burst/hydrosphere gems, % of physical damage gained as EXTRA lightning damage (not converted, you have that already). The two items below plus a Watcher's Eye with 'Gain % of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage While Affected by Wrath would be good starting points to get some ideas from. Just that single mod Watcher's Eye would probably only run you 10-20c. double wrath mod would be in the 3-6ex i'd bet.

Overall:

I don't know what's in your jewel slot for the medium cluster jewels. downloaded POB thinks it's 2 small clusters that I would replace with % Max Life + 1-2 crit multi jewels (1 crit multi is probably 5-15c, 2 crit is in the couple of ex at least).

I think Lighteater, Utmost Intellect, Practical Application, and Arcane Focus aren't worth it. Your tree showed Golem Commander being unallocated, but I think the 4th golem is very helpful (apologies if it is allocated already). If you follow my advice on EO, there's some crit multi over on the right side near where you are already that would be good allocation points.

Okay, that was WAY too much info and I apologize for any overload on here. Feel free to ask anything else, hope the info is helpful, and if you get your POB pastebin running I'll be happy to take a look and see if I missed anything.

If you want to take a look at mine, I'm pretty much done with my build for the season. Hit 45m dps/28m Sirus dps and have fairly good survivability with 150k eHP. Happy to answer any questions too. Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/TM5t5H0t

"
Cmagik wrote:
Hi,

So I've been following and trying this build since the begginning of this league and, gameplay wise, I love it.
I really like seeing the ball flying around and stuff. It's great.

For map clearing, I currently have no issue.
Spare a few OS there and there on t16 or when I'm not paying attention, I think I have a good clear speed as I litteraly dash right click dash right click my way through the map

However things are no so jolly with bosses, I struggle a lot and I can't kill Sirius 7-8 by myself, I just can't stand still long enough to do any significant damage.
I also find myself relatively squishy and I don't see what I could change without sacrificing too much offensive which I also find lacking in the single target department. (When I see what some build can do...)

I don't know what should be upgraded first.
Here's my stuff : https://pastebin.com/VXjWGbpB
I know I don't have one of the medium cluster jewel recommanded but I also don't think my current Megalomaniac is that bad either (the pushback actually adds a lotof survivability when doing map bosses. (They litteraly can't reach me)

I've seen that build and I've always wanted to try a Divine ire build so I'm tempted, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMotdZPKqPI&t
I've already leveled up some gems and got my hand on a few pieces such as :

My budget is currently 7ex 1300 chaos and around 3-4 ex worth of harvest enchant ready to sell (and a butload crap of oil n stuff)
Not enough to get *top notch* end gear, but enough to actually swap.
I also have a 6l fursharl to replace my chest.

So what should I do T_T , I don't want to spend more money on that potential Irebuild and I don't know how far I can go with my Hydrosphere build. I've looked around and this build seems to be the best, but I also read often that Hydro is a fantasy and dumping it for a better Stormburst is better... which is kind of a bummer x)

ty for anyone actually reading this
Last edited by cerealbawks on Feb 23, 2021, 2:27:00 PM
Cereal are you able to post your character?

I'm pretty new to POE and have been trying to follow this guide, but it's been a little confusing since I know the OP is a little outdated and people have been talking about all kinds of things.

I do not want to remove Hydrophere despite any DPS loss because that skill is fun and why I made this character.

I do not understand trinity support enough to use it.

There is a lot about the game I don't understand. But I was going to annoint Divine Wrath at some point and path to Exceptional Performance?

I do not have a budget since I spent it all on what I have so far but it would be good to see what I should aim for.
Hey! sorry, i posted my POB and it was a bit in the midst of things. Hopefully the below works. https://pastebin.com/Zbrhf427

I won't ever claim that my build is perfect, but I'm close to not knowing wtf to do to improve it. Hopefully looking at the total DPS and eHP parts will help explain if it's good or not. <3

Hydrosphere is definitely a DPS loss but a cool skill to try and build around. I"m still using it, and I can burst down any endgame boss as is.

Specific Answers:

Trinity Support ends up giving you roughly 2x damage if you're able to utilize it. Between Storm Burst/Hydrosphere/Brotherhood/Cluster Jewel Passives you should end up with the state where any hit could have its maximum damage be cold or lightning. Single packs might not hit 50 resonance across the board but bosses (and just rares in general) will. Anomalous Trinity packs a 15% cast rate on top too for an extra spend. If you find something that replaces Trinity and outdamages it, i'll be all ears. I use Storm Burst/Hydrosphere/Trinity/Inspiration/Infused Channelling/Awakened Cast While Channelling in my 6L.

Divine Wrath and Exceptional Performance both come from two specific breakpoints for damage.

You get a big boost in damage from converting all of your physical damage to lightning (or anything else really). Many of the nodes or items suggested in this thread either give +% lightning damage or something like Call of the Brotherhood, which converts Lightning Damage to Cold Damge. There's lots of stacking of conversions and multipliers to help accentuate this. Storm Burst/Hydrosphere naturally do 50% of this (read the tooltip on either), you can get an additional 25% converted from Divine Wrath, from Glove Enchant/a couple other options. Hitting full conversion means that all of your bonuses to lightning (which are numerous) apply to all your damage.

Exceptional Performance looks at the Storm Burst breakpoint. While you're channeling, each orb channels for a specific period of time (base 1.2s) before exploding, and they deal damage while hanging out in their area. Storm Burst orbs timing are affected by +% to Skill Effect Duration, but they only truly apply when thresholds are hit, specifically in 0.4s duration increments. Storm Burst starts at 1.2s, and each time a threshold is hit, it means an orb stays longer and does more damage before exploding. 1.2/1.6/2.0/2.4/2.8 are the key points to hit.

I currently get:
+10% Anomalous Storm Burst
+20% Replica Pure Talent
+25% Exceptional Performance (Anointed)
+25% Potency of Will
+20% Nodes leading to Potency of Will

That gives me +100% skill duration, which with the base 1.2s = 2.4s. You can hit 2.8s with some specific Skill Duration boots + the nodes leading to Exceptional Performance, but unless you're doing all of that, it's not worth it.

"
ParisV wrote:
Cereal are you able to post your character?

I'm pretty new to POE and have been trying to follow this guide, but it's been a little confusing since I know the OP is a little outdated and people have been talking about all kinds of things.

I do not want to remove Hydrophere despite any DPS loss because that skill is fun and why I made this character.

I do not understand trinity support enough to use it.

There is a lot about the game I don't understand. But I was going to annoint Divine Wrath at some point and path to Exceptional Performance?

I do not have a budget since I spent it all on what I have so far but it would be good to see what I should aim for.
I've got a few items remaining to sell if anyone is interested.

Boots sold
Ring sold
Last edited by believers on Feb 24, 2021, 10:20:07 AM
Thanks so much for that detailed explanation. I will do my best to implement these suggestions!
Alright so first ty for replying with such details cereal!

So I got myself

and respected my talent as you suggested

I also had to change my belt as my resist plummeted

So now I guess I need to find a better weapon/necklace... but more importantly change the ring! with 3ex left ...
I also miss 1 talent point to get the fourth golem...
I also got that nice jewel for only 1 ex, double wrath, 25% converstion and 1.7% dmg leeched as ES

but tyvm for all these explaination, my dps sky rocketed! (and so did my defense)

edit : I just replaced the ring with

Now I think I'll try to find a better amulet
Last edited by Cmagik on Feb 25, 2021, 11:11:39 AM
Wow very nice stuff cMagic! I need to get some Phys to Lightning myself!

I spent my only Ex on my new wand. No idea if it's good but was a nice upgrade from what I had.
Last edited by ParisV on Feb 25, 2021, 1:22:17 PM
Hello,

Noob here trying to follow this build with some variants due to:
- budgets
- changing some items/skillpoints to max resistances
- Pending getting ascendancy trial to enter last ascendancy.

May I request that you help take a look at my build so far, and how I can improve them?

https://pastebin.com/z16S2GSw

Also, I read about the following in this forum, but am still unclear about how it works, despite trying to read the wiki. Would be great if someone can help explain:
1. Replacing Hydrosphere - I read a few posts on replacing hydrosphere here. How do I do that, and what do I replace it with, and what effect will that be?
2. Using Trinity Support - The more I read about it, the less I understand how it works. What do I need to do to make sure this support works? Seems there is a need to make sure that we have to balance all elemental damage types? Sorry for being noob, but I just don't understand this part.

Many thanks in advance!
"
Cmagik wrote:
Alright so first ty for replying with such details cereal!

So I got myself

and respected my talent as you suggested

I also had to change my belt as my resist plummeted

So now I guess I need to find a better weapon/necklace... but more importantly change the ring! with 3ex left ...
I also miss 1 talent point to get the fourth golem...
I also got that nice jewel for only 1 ex, double wrath, 25% converstion and 1.7% dmg leeched as ES

but tyvm for all these explaination, my dps sky rocketed! (and so did my defense)

edit : I just replaced the ring with

Now I think I'll try to find a better amulet

Explody chest shouldn't be insanely expensive at this point. A cheap one for below 10 ex.
Alright so I got this really nice amulet for 1ex (I think it's really nice)

I don't know what catalyst to put on

It doesn't have double dip skillgem but for the price I'm quite pleased, it also has loads of dex which means I can realocate 2 talent tree pts and get the fourth golem and also ditch dex from my gloves and get new gloves. (I needed the dex before)

So you recommend the chest, I'll try to find something nice

I think the next things to upgrade are therefor chest gloves and belt

I think my boots are decent enough
Last edited by Cmagik on Feb 26, 2021, 5:07:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info