[3.13] Aziire's CwC Hydrosphere Elementalist - Maven Ez Clap | Ritual League Starter

"
YeAhx wrote:
I have followed the build almost exactly except getting proper cluster jewels & 6l inpulsa (using 5l right now) and my damage is no where near what it should be at least according to my current level. Help me out what am i doing wrong?
my current build:https://pastebin.com/VyMLUZcc

I also find the damage somewhat hard to scale without very good equipments. Looking at your PoB I can only think of:

Your skill duration for Storm Burst is currently at 1.98s. Every 0.4s above the default 1.2s will give you lots of extra damage. So you can try anoint exceptional performance on your amulet to push it above 2.0s. If you want to keep pushing to 2.4s, buy an anomalous Storm Burst and quality it to 20%.

Using Hatred actually gives us more damage compared to Wrath, even if Hatred doesn't grant any flat damage itself. But your amulet has reduced Wrath mana reservation, so it'll become kinda useless if you switch.

The Herald of Ice + Ice Bite combo did not generate enough frenzy charge for me, so I end up using cold snap. Might replace with frenzy on kill gear later on. Having maximum frenzy charges all the time is a good damage boost.

Finally, if not using Hextouch setup, find some way to curse enemy with Elemental weakness. It can come from Hunter ring/corrupted gloves. Using trigger weapon with the gem socketed in is also an option.
"
Gimdornim wrote:
"
YeAhx wrote:
I have followed the build almost exactly except getting proper cluster jewels & 6l inpulsa (using 5l right now) and my damage is no where near what it should be at least according to my current level. Help me out what am i doing wrong?

I also find the damage somewhat hard to scale without very good equipments. Looking at your PoB I can only think of:

Your skill duration for Storm Burst is currently at 1.98s. Every 0.4s above the default 1.2s will give you lots of extra damage. So you can try anoint exceptional performance on your amulet to push it above 2.0s. If you want to keep pushing to 2.4s, buy an anomalous Storm Burst and quality it to 20%.

Using Hatred actually gives us more damage compared to Wrath, even if Hatred doesn't grant any flat damage itself. But your amulet has reduced Wrath mana reservation, so it'll become kinda useless if you switch.

I would switch my amulet if it wasn't for my low dexterity getting in the way, same reason i'm unable to switch it to choir of the storm amulet instead. I'm already wasting 1 passive on +30 str node. Where do i stack some attributes?

About anomalous Storm Burst, perhaps i will buy it. For exceptional performance annointment I need a solid amulet first.

"
YeAhx wrote:
"
Gimdornim wrote:
"
YeAhx wrote:

I would switch my amulet if it wasn't for my low dexterity getting in the way, same reason i'm unable to switch it to choir of the storm amulet instead. I'm already wasting 1 passive on +30 str node. Where do i stack some attributes?

About anomalous Storm Burst, perhaps i will buy it. For exceptional performance annointment I need a solid amulet first.

You could try Brutal Restraint if you like gambling...on top of lots of dex, it can roll onslaught on kill, frenzy charge on kill, physical as extra cold, etc.

edit. I see that the str requirement mostly comes from your lvl 19 shield charge. I guess you don't need it that high. The movement speed will be slower, but in my opinion it's better than having to deal with STR 151 requirement.
Last edited by Gimdornim on Jan 22, 2021, 8:43:40 AM
Hey so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'm still leveling and having very low damage so I tried to buy a new scepter, this time with added physical damage as lightning and decent stats, but according to my character sheet it actually gives less storm burst damage than my previous one (425.41 vs 569.48). Is there something I'm not understanding? I'm not exactly an expert on how all POE stats work.

Old one:

New one:

And also here's the rest of my gear just in case anyone has advice, I'm at act 7 level 54 and starting to take ages to kill bosses.

"
Nalaria wrote:
Hey so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'm still leveling and having very low damage so I tried to buy a new scepter, this time with added physical damage as lightning and decent stats, but according to my character sheet it actually gives less storm burst damage than my previous one (425.41 vs 569.48). Is there something I'm not understanding? I'm not exactly an expert on how all POE stats work.

Old one:

New one:

And also here's the rest of my gear just in case anyone has advice, I'm at act 7 level 54 and starting to take ages to kill bosses.

As for scepters...both physical damage mods are local, thus applying only on the weapon's attacks, not spells. That makes it weaker. Also, don't forget that flat damage modifiers are quite powerful in PoE as they're applied before any % mods.
For folks still looking to give this build a shot, I just made a Autobomber version that is looking pretty good. Transitioning should take around 5Ex (including 75 regrets). I will be posting that build once i save up the currently and make sure that is functions at level 90+. :)
Build is starting to feel quite good, haven't imported my character into PoB, but aside from the low life....(3.8k//700es) everything is smooth.

Spoiler

Still need to fix my gems, and find the last trial too.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
w1841d3 wrote:
I pushed myself to about 5.5M dps in POB with Stormburst and 0.5m each with hydrosphere and frostbolt from amulet. This should be enough to roll over all content.

Only problem is ocassional oneshots for me.

here is POB of my character im following:

https://pastebin.com/qm0gJ6gT

oh yeah - and build is so freaking non-meta all gear is dirt cheap. Spent 3ex so far.

I guess you got the 6L's for cheap by other means as the Inpulsa's alone is 6ex now, the 6L staves are much cheaper at least. Interesting that you're using Berek's Grip, how does it feel compared to call of the brotherhood? I figure with doing very little if any cold damage on storm burst your chances of chilling let alone freezing high health enemies such as bosses is extremely unlikely, but other mobs should chill and freeze from Hydrosphere well enough.

I do have COTB. Was switching to Berek's to see whether I get any significant leech to save me, it seems not.

Im still running on a 5l inpulsa which i got for 40c or so. I tried to max out block as much as I can (you can see im taking a lot of block on the tree and im wielding a block staff) however it is still very much a glass canon build.

I'm currently doing t14-t15 maps and usually I kill stuff no problem - only trick is to kill it before it sees you. Bosses are usually dying within 3-5 seconds with Vaal RF on ele weakness and lightning pen stacked.

I'm maxed on resists with 80% lightning, 45% phys reduction with rumis, 55% block and about 4.5k ehp. I'm not sure how to beef up even more as this is as good as it gets for this build I think (hard to get evasion and this is no aurastacker build).

"
DarkenX wrote:
Unless they changed Ire since its inception, I can't see it being too great aside from bosses, since you should be melting mob packs without needing to get too close with SB already. But if there are changes to be made to the tree regarding duration, guess I should avoid such things until then...

It actually wasn't too bad. I found the clear to be better than its boss potential tbh. I only did one Tier 15 with Drox and found the clear was really nice, comparable to Storm Burst even. However trying to take Drox down with it was a nightmare and Storm Burst was far better.

"
Dziulatex wrote:
What about elemental equilibrum?

Elemental Equilibrum fucks us really hard as our damage will only boost their resistance against us. We do Lightning and Cold, so this will lower the enemies Fire resistance to -50% and boost their Lightning and Cold resistance +25%. This is a huge dps loss for us.

"
Gimdornim wrote:
I noticed that if we replace Wrath with Hatred without changing anything else in PoB we get higher dps for both Storm Burst and Hydrosphere. Is there any reason we're not using it?

Hatred is better and I switched to it as well. I talk about this in my latest video. Wrath only really becomes better if you got insanely cracked gear with like Watcher's Eye with Wrath mods etc. Even then I'm not too sure if it beats out Hatred.

"
w1841d3 wrote:
Pushing into high red maps now with the following setup. Damage is not really a problem even on bosses. I do not like that stuff can offscreen me - while unlike brand builds - i cannot offscreen stuff.

Things to change in my gear i think are:

1) I have a filler skeleton link in inpulsa to vaal summon a horde of meatbags in tight spots (rituals), but i feel like i should rejig my gear to get a good cwdt/fortify to boost my defences.
2) Agnerod South nicely Synergizes with Choir of the Storm
3) I've extended until "Counterweight" on the tree to get some crit multi which helps a lot
4) Will get cluster jewel with Overshock/Stormrider next.
5) Thinking to replace COTB with Berek's Grip for life/ES leech. Good idea?

any other ideas?

These are some really good ideas. I never thought of using Agnerod but it is a cool way to get a second 6 Link. I would try and get more max life on your rares as well as they are pretty low rolls and that would boost survivability quite a bit.

I'm not too sure about other ideas. Brain kinda got fried a little playing this. I will come back with reiterations to the build soon but for now just brain afking on a Deadeye.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
For SSF would an explodey chest be a good alternative to Inpulsa if not lucky enough to get one?

Yeah an explodey chest would be perfect. Honestly they are probably far better than an Inpulsa anyway just because of all the other stats you can chuck on. Inpulsa is just more cost effective in a trade league.

"
Kahiego wrote:
Is this build viable in high level content ?

I feel a bit low in DPS, takes me ages to take down bosses in t12-14 maps
Packs cleaning is greath tho

Went golemancer and using the 4 golems, I'm way too squishy with the Orb of Storm Hex links, and currently playing with Discord Artisan to use Wrath + Heralds of Ice and Thunder

If you see anything I could optimize let me know, I got some spare change and will gladly use it to push forward

(Holy cow this build is making my computer freeze hard)

I updated the PoB in the forum guide to my most recent revision. I did some skill changes, small passive changes, gear changes etc. If you follow what I have setup in the Path of Building you should be alright for general mapping. I was still pretty squishy and would die in some awkward situations. Chaos / Curse Rituals ruined me. I never failed the Maven Boss Fights though (not the actual Maven fight, just her witnesses)

"
NoBrainNoPain wrote:
Fun build - i just roll over all bosses in seconds.

But i sweat as hell to play this and sometimes get oneshots. And i'm greedy too... lost live on ring due to "accidend" wanted to opt out intell to get cast speed and opted life for cold damage.

+have 2 clusters =\ dont know how to link them here :(

+i dont use golems - i goes full glass canon with mastermind and next node

P.s. Elemental Aegis INSAAAAAAANE 3.8k hp shield vs ele... i never go other accendency again.

You are wild lol. If the full glass cannon route works for you go for it. It is really really fun but damn I didn't think it would be possible. I died too often with that route so I needed to opt into Golems D:.

"
llindvior wrote:
I still don't get the double dip part.

Do you mean the lightning damage increase happens before converting a portion of damage to cold? And then the cold damage increase applies again after that portion is converted to cold?

Because I'm under the impression that if I converted half to cold, the new half gets buffed by cold damage buff, and the remaining half gets buffed by lightning damage buff. So all my lightning damage increases won't affect the new portion of cold damage at all.

Damage is always converted in order. Physical > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos.

Our Lightning Damage increases affect the new portion of cold damage as we are converting it from Lightning to Cold with Call of the Brotherhood. All damage gets scaled up before it is converted. So all our %Lightning is added on then converted.

I still need to respond to Page 15 and 16. Sorry for the delayed responses. If you have pressing questions please feel free to just ask me on Stream. It's very chill there and I'll respond straight away :D.
"
AziiRe wrote:

"
NoBrainNoPain wrote:
Fun build - i just roll over all bosses in seconds.

But i sweat as hell to play this and sometimes get oneshots. And i'm greedy too... lost live on ring due to "accidend" wanted to opt out intell to get cast speed and opted life for cold damage.

+have 2 clusters =\ dont know how to link them here :(

+i dont use golems - i goes full glass canon with mastermind and next node

P.s. Elemental Aegis INSAAAAAAANE 3.8k hp shield vs ele... i never go other accendency again.

You are wild lol. If the full glass cannon route works for you go for it. It is really really fun but damn I didn't think it would be possible. I died too often with that route so I needed to opt into Golems D:.
[/b]

started die too much at 93lvl when start pushing t16 vaal wild mods and stupidly op phys damage like in vaal tample boosfight and cant kill vaaled 8mod enslaver too big phys damage. i played too much on squishi dodge builds so i just cobra reflex dangerous stuff)

But in general - good build if you dont get cocky and face tank everything)
Last edited by NoBrainNoPain on Jan 22, 2021, 5:04:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info