[3.13] [SSF] Lightning Strike Raider | League Starter

"
hdupuis73 wrote:
I'm enjoying the build so far - still leveling, and I'm not particularly fast so it will be a while before I hit maps. I'm not a brand-new player, but I don't usually play melee builds so this is somewhat new for me. I have a couple of questions, though.

That said, you mention Tribal Fury a couple of times in the main description, but it looks like the skill tree doesn't go near it. What am I missing?

"
Ancestral call is huge for lightning strike, in the pastebin bellow we already have anointed Tribal Fury, but until you get this node use ancestral call with lightning strikes and frenzy. You wanna attack from a little far, for the ancestral call deal the melee hit and you character hits with the projectile.

If you have any suggestions for leveling gear, it would be appreciated. I play SSF so no plans to purchase or trade for items. Thanks!

Hi, we anoint tribal fury (blight oils or talisman) or craft hunter gloves with +1 target, I got mine doing heist contracts. Until that keep ancestral call on your links :)

About leveling gear, if you have tabula plus goldrim helps a lot (If its your first character in the league, you might wanna farm blood aqueducts), someone point it out that wasp nest are really good in early maps as well.

In late game you can get more dps investing in crit claws, but you can stick with a physical one for a while, try get a good roll with crit chance, crit mult lightning damage.
Alternativly can you post a guide for normal trade league? Also I never see anyone use the Perfect Form, why is that? I loved using that with a soul taker w/ lacerate or LS but that was then. Not sure how it'll hold up now.
Thanks, been loving this build! Fast lightning everywhere is just my style.
Can you please help with leveling? which gems should i take in each of the acts and stuff. please

Which gem set up do you till u get LS? and how do u transition from that set up to LS?
Last edited by Sinz0000 on Mar 24, 2021, 2:37:07 PM
"
Sinz0000 wrote:
Can you please help with leveling? which gems should i take in each of the acts and stuff. please

Which gem set up do you till u get LS? and how do u transition from that set up to LS?

Yes, sure. I found quite easy and flexible to level up this build, I started using frost blades with onslaught and lesser multi projectiles, when I got LS I made a second setup with elemental damage with attack skills and added lightning damage for single target.

In act 2 and 3 grab herald of purity and run precision (if you are having accuracy issues).

After act 4 and first Ascension I dropped Frost Blades and started to use ancestral call, swapping with multistrike for tough bosses (maybe kitava or innocence with you have trouble).

Act 5 just sprint through.

Act 6 get all the remaining gems from Lilly

When you get a 5Link use nightblade for some Crit and dodge, or if you're dying too much and don't have a 5 link yet swap the added lighting or multistrike for nightblade.

Usually I don't like to level up with a skill then swap to another, I find kinda hard to notice what is good for my character or what I need. So as soon as you feel that you're clearing with ease with LS, make the swap.

LS is quite good for leveling, so don't worry that much with gem links, remember to upgrade your weapon, since most of the damage comes from that, maybe get a Wasp nest if you are on trade league.

You probably will die during leveling, because this build rely heavily on evasion but you won't get much until close to maps.

Sorry for the "generic" suggestions, I wasn't playing PoE for I while so I'm doing my best to remember my steps with this build. :)

If you have any questions during the process please keep asking or send me a PM if you prefer.
"
Alternativly can you post a guide for normal trade league? Also I never see anyone use the Perfect Form, why is that? I loved using that with a soul taker w/ lacerate or LS but that was then. Not sure how it'll hold up now.

Yo Man, sorry for the delay I was kinda away from Poe stuff playing other games.

About the normal trade league, Tbh I don't have much idea what trade league items would ramp this build. I've been playing SSF for a while so I'll probably will give bad advices in this regard. What I think is that some crit mult, crit chance claws would increase the damage easily.

About the perfect form, you can get 95% evasion 75% dodge easily without it, So its better to get more damage with Daresso's Defiance or Kintsugi for a second wind dancer. But I mean, you can use and change some passives, maybe an ascendency as well.
"
Thanks, been loving this build! Fast lightning everywhere is just my style.

Thanks man!

I had a ton of fun playing this build, did all content up to Sirus A5 (so no maven or A8). This build has really good clear speed, but lacks boss damage, so I did a second character to take the big boys out.

Its also a very good Heist farmer (who plays heist, haha) since It has a shit ton of mov speed.

So, yeah, thank you all for the interest and for the kind comments.
Feels really good helping out :)
Did you try out this build? I would love to see if you did. I'm also going on with this build atm on private three guy league (so kinda SSF) to push it forward.

Also any suggestions to boost up singletarget dmg? Assassin's mark ring would probably do the job for single targets
Last edited by arapera on Apr 30, 2021, 6:41:56 AM
"
arapera wrote:
Did you try out this build? I would love to see if you did. I'm also going on with this build atm on private three guy league (so kinda SSF) to push it forward.

Also any suggestions to boost up singletarget dmg? Assassin's mark ring would probably do the job for single targets

Yep I played this build up to 92 last league, did stuff up to A5 then messed around with a mistwall a bit. It was really fun good clear, but the single target not that much.(the character name is: ZélampagoZelinha, you can check my profile if you want some ideas :D )

- Assassin's mark on ring definitely will help with damage
- Swap some of the points to better nodes on cluster jewels
- Some good crit claws
- Maybe shroud of the lightless, with tombstone and bubonic trail setup could help(there are some guys doing this setup this league using power syphon)

There are some guys this league with insane damage on trade league, you could try check what they are doing, maybe get the setup would be hard on SSF though.

Ex:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/confuoco23/ㄻㄻㅀ?i=0&search=skill%3DLightning-Strike%26sort%3Ddps

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/soniczen/Pain__Killer___?i=5&search=skill%3DLightning-Strike%26sort%3Ddps

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info