Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas Launches Soon

Just a small FYI for everybody.

1. I downloaded the torrent overnight.
2. Renamed the old ".ggpk" file to ".ggpk.old".
3. Launched the game; and it starts another 10GB download...

We'll see what happens next.

I have no idea what's going on with the torrent, but it's impossible to exceed 250kbps.
nice, but can steam users get a pre-download? cause i hate waiting for hours before entering the game
"
Moonfair wrote:
nice, but can steam users get a pre-download? cause i hate waiting for hours before entering the game

Steam downloads has been fixed for a bit now. It no longer downloads everything but can do incremental updates as well. It will still need to download all new contet, but no longer all content.
Looking forward to this league :)
I managed to make my torrent download 10 times faster (1MBps -> 10MBps) by increasing the maximum connections per torrent. I noticed that I was connected to many seeds, but many were sitting idle. Others were just very slow.

Here's how to do it for qBittorent: Tools > Options > Connection > Maximum number of connection per torrent = 500

It'll take a few minutes to ramp up.

I'd also ask people to check their upload rate limits (under Options > Speed in qBittorent) to make sure that it's not set to a very sad rate. Mine was set to 200 KBps, but I've removed the limit. LETS GOOOOOOO
Last edited by SmL9 on Jan 15, 2021, 6:18:59 AM
Thank you for not zipping the ggpk in the torrent.

X
patiently waiting for steam download.. HYPE to the max!
ULTRA
"
ponyrii wrote:
Just a small FYI for everybody.

1. I downloaded the torrent overnight.
2. Renamed the old ".ggpk" file to ".ggpk.old".
3. Launched the game; and it starts another 10GB download...

We'll see what happens next.

read the post again
cheers!
Last edited by ChestyNabs on Jan 15, 2021, 6:55:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info