[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"

@graiaule.

Yeah this bitches are not sooo bullshitty. But i do a lot of harbingers and groves and then i cyclone in the pack and i am dead. :-(

dont misunderstand me. The build is fine and i like the playstyle verry much. But some of the league mechanics they changed i hate a lot.

Interesting.

With the groves, I use the boss staff, stack icestorms, click the button, and then as soon as they spawn I frostblink out and attack remotely. Haven't died in harvest once since I changed to that approach.

With the sentinel-buffed harbingers and expeditions, I will circle around the outside of the pack and whittle them down slowly. It's not worth the risk to go straight inside 120+ mobs. Some of my buffed expeditions can take 2-3 minutes to clear.

Basically, don't stand in the fire, and don't assume you can outleech 100 mobs hitting you.

PSA: I got a megalo with Savour the Moment. That gives me 3% ES regen while standing still, and compensates nicely for the lack of regen from Ghost Reaver.
Double post for some reason
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Jun 4, 2022, 5:09:35 AM
"
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Build is an absolute killer for this league, can easily get 40/40.

Lol thats the most crazy comment i saw. Only to get the grind themes in this league done you need a nolife playing style.
Also the 2 essences or 6 groves things are totaly bullshit. I did over 400 essens craks and only one time it was 7 essences and then it gives not a second. And yes i have the atlas tree points.

Not to mention that getting that super guci gear need also a big time investment.

Yes if i buy a lot of challenges then its ok isch done.

But if i will do them all myself easyly is verry crazy comment :-)

With the playtime from 2 to 3 hr a day like i can do.

Last league i made all challenges myself exept maven, as i dont get the memory game done. Also i tried it now for nearly 40 times.

But this league i die to often from things i cant see.

@grainaule.

Yeah this bitches are not sooo bullshitty. But i do a lot of harbingers and groves and then i cyclone in the pack and i am dead. :-(

dont misunderstand me. The build is fine and i like the playstyle verry much. But some of the league mechanics they changed i hate a lot.

I have done all my challenges myself and crafted all my gear myself.
I also died early on, but once I've accepted some mechanics require adapting abd I stopped dying. If I wouldn't be doing Uber Bosses all day I would be level 99.

Regarding challenges, they require you to fully spec into them in the atlas, kinda bullshit but it gets the job done, as for essences just buy the completion for 40c from someone, dont waste your time.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Jun 4, 2022, 9:13:47 AM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Build is an absolute killer for this league, can easily get 40/40.

Lol thats the most crazy comment i saw. Only to get the grind themes in this league done you need a nolife playing style.
Also the 2 essences or 6 groves things are totaly bullshit. I did over 400 essens craks and only one time it was 7 essences and then it gives not a second. And yes i have the atlas tree points.

Not to mention that getting that super guci gear need also a big time investment.

Yes if i buy a lot of challenges then its ok isch done.

But if i will do them all myself easyly is verry crazy comment :-)

With the playtime from 2 to 3 hr a day like i can do.

Last league i made all challenges myself exept maven, as i dont get the memory game done. Also i tried it now for nearly 40 times.

But this league i die to often from things i cant see.

@grainaule.

I have done all my challenges myself and crafted all my gear myself.
I also died early on, but once I've accepted some mechanics require adapting abd I stopped dying. If I wouldn't be doing Uber Bosses all day I would be level 99.

Regarding challenges, they require you to fully spec into them in the atlas, kinda bullshit but it gets the job done, as for essences just buy the completion for 40c from someone, dont waste your time.

year. I will buy them if i dont get them. If you crafted your gear yourself your really good or play a lot of time :-) really nice gear you have.

How did you craft your amulet? With then new recombinator or as leagues bevor ?

leagues bevor i did awakener orb and groove.

@grainaule.
Thx for the tipps. But i play the build as i like to go into the pack and destroy it. :-) so perhaps i am to impatient for this new changes with yellow mobs.
sometimes i need 3 or 4 min to kill a boss if i dont read the altar description an he has unbelivable healing. or in burial map the attak speed is so unbelivable that i am dead bevor i can cast icerain. Most of the deads i can impede. But mostly i am to lazy to need 5 min or more to kill a map boss :-)

the thing with savor the moment sound really interesting. But it works only if you stand still ?
"

the thing with savor the moment sound really interesting. But it works only if you stand still ?

Correct. 3% of your ES per second. I haven't found another way to get ES back other than leeching (well, unless you keep a worm flask up or respec on the fly inside a map.) It's proven its worth many times.

You can always get a cheap small cluster gem with that on it, and pop it in for free (can arbitrarily swap in and out small clusters) if you really need to keep your current gems.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 7, 2022, 5:04:49 AM
Any comments on a Trinity/Cold to Fire/Flammability modification of the build?

I'm still trying to understand where the damage comes from, looking at other characters. It does look like I can about double my DPS with no loss in defenses, but I am still messing with PoB to ensure I did it right.

--------------

I don't know the correct resonance count to use. PoB seems to max out at 40 for that.

The build requires Purity of Elements enchant on helm and it's a hatred build. Most of the dps gain seems to come from Hatred.

The dps isn't double. With my gear it's an improvement of about 22%.

You'd have to buy the right base that already had either the Purity of Elem or the Hatred enchant, and then craft the helm with fossils until you got good ES, int, resist, and a free slot for the hunter orb slam.

I'd welcome comments from others.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 8, 2022, 7:10:15 PM
I've done fairly well this league using this build guide. I do struggle with damage though especially with bossing. Could you give me some pointers on what to improve?
Ugh. i really hope that in next league there are gona be no so boring grind challenges...
40/40 done :/
Last edited by archwerewolf on Jun 12, 2022, 7:07:23 PM
Yet another league is done! 40/40 challenges, all on my own merit, never buying any, in just 1 month.

This build continues to shine as the most versatile build I've ever seen. Never meta, never the strongest - but never super expensive and always good enough to do everything that's required for the challenges in any particular league.

For this league I chose the Occultist version because some of the challenges looked VERY grindy. So I went with the clear speed. And it proved to be a good choice. Ascendant would make some of the new uber boss fights a little easier because she regens ES. But in others it was better to be the Occultist just for the superior damage and curse aura.

Overall, both versions would do just fine against the bosses. But higher clear speed made the grinds go faster.

Now I'm going to review the guides for both versions and see if there is anything relevant to add from this league's experience. And make videos for all new uber bosses.

New video: Uber Exarch
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 13, 2022, 1:12:14 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Yet another league is done! 40/40 challenges, all on my own merit, never buying any, in just 1 month.

This build continues to shine as the most versatile build I've ever seen. Never meta, never the strongest - but never super expensive and always good enough to do everything that's required for the challenges in any particular league.

For this league I chose the Occultist version because some of the challenges looked VERY grindy. So I went with the clear speed. And it proved to be a good choice. Ascendant would make some of the new uber boss fights a little easier because she regens ES. But in others it was better to be the Occultist just for the superior damage and curse aura.

Overall, both versions would do just fine against the bosses. But higher clear speed made the grinds go faster.

Now I'm going to review the guides for both versions and see if there is anything relevant to add from this league's experience. And make videos for all new uber bosses.

New video: Uber Exarch

gz to 40/40 :-)

As allways youre really good. Also gz to arche.
For me the league is a desaster. not really one good drop. 3 ex and some harvest crafts give me the currency to get a ok gear.

AND the build is from my point now super expensive to get the challenges done. Only your rings are 30 ex the jewels you have are 100 ex. The rest i dont count.

The build in ultimatum and bevor was done with 3 or 4 ex.
So the build really shines but only with big invest.
I can do all content with dying a lot. But uber sirus is not doable with my gear maven is not doable with my brain, uber uber elder not doable with my gear.
the other bosses i dont try.
shure normal elder and shaper no problem exarch and so also not.
But what heart me hard is the new degen without any warning only youre es drops extremly fast. Then i have no regen and only halv es left.
I am perhaps to dumb to get this work, but all bosses with no reggen phases i have no chance. And if i drop the skill in tree i have not enought reggen to survive.
I never had things like this league that bosses are so fast that they killed me BEVOR i can cast icestorm have so much degen on ground that i cant run away without dieing.

so its a big thing that you guys get the challenges so fast

GRATS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info