[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

My idea to adapt to new Flesh&Stone manacost: https://pastebin.com/7LaC9J2p

With same gear, compared to the tree I used in Ritual (https://pastebin.com/8r3c4Q5Y), the changes are:

dps: 264890->255207 4% less
ES: 12417->11987 430 less
Int: 2763->2554 baked into the values above

To be able to use all same auras, I rerouted to get the Charisma node between Shadow and Ranger start locations. This gives enough reserved mana reduction you don't need Enlighten at all. If you use Enlighten, you can take off Sovereignty to use one skill point somewhere else, or free gem socket to something else. Like Vaal RF to give little extra damage for example.

Reason why damage is not that much lower, even after loosing 200int, is that this uses 4th large cluster giving you another CttC. It also gives another Prismatic Hearth to make resistances easier to get.

For fair comparison, this doesn't count other changes like the change to exposure values.

Edit. It is also possible to get reduced mana reservation to Discipline or Flesh&Stone on your helmet, especially with changes to the labyrinth enchants.
Last edited by Cjin on Apr 13, 2021, 5:10:38 AM
Patch notes in a few hours...

Any bets? :-)
We still won't be able to stack.

Our dps has been nerfed a bit, and it will cost even more to get back to within 4% of our previous dps.

Ah well. Those were the delirious days...
Changes I found are:

Harvest craft rework. Harder to get top tier items.

Frost Bomb/Wave of conviction
exposure now gives -15% resistances (down form 25%). This is about 6.66% reduction to dps.

Flesh and Stone
Now requires 35% Mana reservation (previously 25%). Need little bit more reduced mana reservation to use same auras as before.

Vaal Righteous Fire
Now deals 80-99% of Sacrificed Energy Shield and Life as Fire Damage per second (previously 161-180%).
Now Sacrifices 60% of your total Energy Shield and Life (previously 30%).
Now grants 10-19% more Spell Damage (previously 15-28%).
Now has a Soul Gain Prevention duration of 6 seconds (previously 12).

Crafted Veiled mods
+(21-25) to Dexterity and Intelligence (previously +15-17)
+(21-25) to Strength and Intelligence (previously +15-17)

The Bull Thorns skill used by Lieutenant of Rage in The Labyrinth and the Crusher of Gladiators in the Racecourse Map has been visually updated and no longer has Damage Reflection.

So overall 10% reduction to damage and need to spend more currency to get same gear.
so good!
ok guys

Played wi now with so much fun over the last years. But with this nerfs its enought. Also i love this build so much i will try to play another build next league. Dont have so much playtime, so last league it was hardest league to get good gear and i played only the last month with full strengs of the build.
Thanks kel i had a really good time. Hope there will be better times so its fun again to play that build.
I am shure you will get 40/40 again with this build.
Hi all! I'm back for the new league.

What's new and different that I see in the patch notes:

- The new league is similar to Ritual. It should be very good for this build, rewarding tankiness and sustained AoE damage in a limited area.

- Harvest crafting nerf. We all knew it was too good. Now the top tier items will be harder to craft. But still easier than before Harvest, as a lot of useful crafts are still going to be there.

- No change to the Icestorm limit. That's disappointing. Looks like GGG doesn't want to un-nerf our single target damage. Oh well. We've been OK for the last 2 leagues. But still.

- Flesh & Stone now reserves 35% mana. That's a problem for the Occultist version. Ascendant always had extra mana, but Occultist now requires Enlighten or Sovereignty even in the basic/classic version to be functional. And adding Aspect of the Spider gets even more complicated (more points into mana res, corrupting jewels, Enlighten lv 4).

I fear that this change makes the Occultist version too hard to maintain and pushes it behind the Ascendant. Dropping F&S would make it quite a bit less safe, especially given the nature of the league mechanic. That's in addition to Occultist already being harder to make safe on stun avoidance.

- Nerf to Exposure (-15% res down from -25%). Not really a big deal. We already have a ton of resist debuff/penetration. It's a general nerf to a lot of elemental damage builds.

- Buffs to crafted attribute mods. Not a big deal, but still nice.

- Big nerf to Vaal RF. Now this gem is pretty much dead to us, not worth using anymore.

- Big buff to Vigilant Strike. Years ago, this was our source of Fortify. And now it's back as a cheap alternative to Overlord. Hitting something with VS once in 13 sec isn't hard at all. And in some situations it's even better than Overlord, e.g. for the bosses that become untargetable for their phases.

- Emperor's Wit/Mastery no longer limited to 1 per day. Nice! This should make them a lot cheaper and more accessible. Having more jewel sockets and higher Int gives a bit of advantage to the Ascendant here.

Overall, I'm leaning towards playing the Ascendant this time around. AoE explosions are awesome for clear speed, but it's getting too hard to maintain this version of the build. Ascendant looks a lot easier.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 15, 2021, 3:39:21 PM
It's going to suck without Profane Bloom since an explodey chest will probably be too difficult. I'll be running a different build for the first time in a long time.
well me gona try first again occultist.if it gona be hard gona switch ascendant

pity that they didn't unnerf our single target dps with uncap:/
Last edited by archwerewolf on Apr 16, 2021, 12:33:54 AM
"
archwerewolf wrote:
well me gona try first again occultist.if it gona be hard gona switch ascendant

pity that they didn't unnerf our single target dps with uncap:/

You don't use F&S anyway, nothing changes for you. Although Vengeful Commander got nerfed again, so Hatred is worth even less than before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info