[delete]

"

I am not fluent speaker and may not truly get ingame terms, but I feel like it is fine to call shotgunning when 60 projectiles fired simultaneously (and ~250 per second!)

It must be a language thing.

In PoE, the term "Shotgunning" has a very specific meaning.
It means that more than one projectile, from a single firing, can hit a single target.

Skeleton mages NOT having shotgunning means that while each mage may fire 5 projectiles from GMP, only 1 may hit a particular target. Thus doing less damage on single target boss fights.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 14, 2021, 3:46:32 AM
"

Triad grip do nothing for skelemages, because their spell is pure elemental damage and there is nothing to convert AND as I said, I dont care about other minions in terms of damage
(and also i dond mind rerolling some reflect on map)

I assumed you would use some other minion to augment the dps.
If you don't care about other minion dps, then Triad Gloves is not needed.

Let me suggest that you DO use a second dps minion, specializing in single target dps.

It has been a long time since I played Skeleton Mages, but back then they did amazing clear, but were weak on single target. Perhaps the 50% damage buff will take care of that.
But I do think buffing single target with a second minion would be a good thing.
"
Odif wrote:

all

thank you for all the explanations and suggestions. I`ll definitely try to theory craft Anger variant of the build but it will take some time I dont have much of, unfortunally. Also, I assumed Hatred would add some of skeleton caster mob base damage, which shows in db:
That picture backs up what I am saying, no base phys damage, just straight cold/fire/lighting.

Hatred has 2 buffs,
% more cold damage,
% of phys damage added as cold damage.

But no skel mage has phys damage, so the second buff does nothing.
And the first mod only buffs cold mages.

So Hatred SUCKS for skel mages.

Anger buffs all 3 types equally, and gets that 150% bonus!

Zealotry buffs all 3 types equally, but is less damage than Anger.

Anger also shifts the total damage done by all the skel mages combied to be mostly fire, thus making EE more attractive.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 14, 2021, 4:39:58 AM
P.S.
SKeleton base damage goes up by level.
Bonus from Anger is fixed.

Zelotry gives a % more damage.

SO, for a high enough gem level on the skeleton gem, Zealotry will pass Anger for being best Aura.

Without knowing what gem levels summon what skeleton mage level, we cannot calculate this.

But I think that level is quite high, higher than I will achieve.
I changed all from cold and hatred into fire and anger, using questionable frostbolt to proc ee and got 16% dps less on skeletons, and half dps less on other minions

https://pastebin.com/wStgEUze this isall the same as last pob but cold turned into fire
plz tell me what am I doing wrong
"
I changed all from cold and hatred into fire and anger, using questionable frostbolt to proc ee and got 16% dps less on skeletons, and half dps less on other minions

https://pastebin.com/wStgEUze this isall the same as last pob but cold turned into fire
plz tell me what am I doing wrong

What are you doing wrong?

TRUSTING POB NUMBERS!

<Odif begins to rant and rave, foaming at the mouth, spittle drooling....>

PoB is a DEMON SPAWN program, making people falsely believe that a simulator is the "reality" of the game!

Seriously though...
PoB is notoriously bad with minions.

You have to TEMPER it with your knowledge of the game.

Skeleton Mages use projectile single target spells, of the associated element.

Knowing that, its OBVIOUS hatred does not buff the fire and lighting ones, and only gives a small buff to the cold ones.

PoB must "think" they do phys damage base, because melee skeletons that they come from have a phys damage base.

SO my son....LET GO of your attachment to PoB....Start using your MIND!
Last edited by Odif on Jan 14, 2021, 1:29:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info