[delete]

[delete]
Last edited by mightymason on Nov 17, 2023, 11:47:11 AM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2021, 1:26:56 PM
gonna take a look on this build, is it starter?
"

It fires 5 projectiles, so in wonderland we shotgunning boss

There is no shotgun here.

You should look up how Skelly Mages work. You don't get to choose which element they get.

You can either spawn a Fire Mage, Cold Mage or Lightning Mage. If you are unlucky you spawn 5x Lightning Mage.

Hatred only realy supports the cold mages. Better swap to Zealotry to support all 3 Elements.

Same case with Frostbite.

Since they have Projectiles, consider using Snipers Mark (~36% more damage).
I found this last season with SO's, but using Pinpoint gives a better DPS than GMP unless you're using Awakened GMP.

Also, without Pierce added in the clear speed might be lackluster. Dropping Controlled Destruction, and then switching clusters to crit version with Precise Commander may give better results with Zealotry instead of Hatred. Essentially boost all three types of damage they put out. Grab a Defieler for a specter, and let them do the Elemental Weakness curse.

"
amkronos wrote:
I found this last season with SO's, but using Pinpoint gives a better DPS than GMP unless you're using Awakened GMP.

Also, without Pierce added in the clear speed might be lackluster. Dropping Controlled Destruction, and then switching clusters to crit version with Precise Commander may give better results with Zealotry instead of Hatred. Essentially boost all three types of damage they put out. Grab a Defieler for a specter, and let them do the Elemental Weakness curse.

Pinpoint Support
No longer supports skills that create Minions.

Sorry for my English - i't not my native language.
If you do the math, Anger is a better aura for skel mages than Zealotry, because skeletons get 150% from flat added damage.
Also, Anger buffs any attack minions you have in addition to the skells, while Zealotry only buffs spell minions.

Skeleton Mages use a single target projectile spell, supportable by anything that works for projectile spells.
(No shotgunning)

And as above posters said, the mages you summon are from a random element, you generally get a mix of all 3.

With Anger aura, its best to use EE triggered by a cold or lightning spell.

I have more details about Skeleton Mages in my build guide, which should not compete with yours, as mine is all about helping newbies, not min maxing for end game.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008831

P.S.
I have been playing minion builds in PoE since early 2014.
And I used skeleton mages extensively, back in the day, when they first came out. Great for clear, not so good single target, but maybe with the 50% damage buff?

P.P.S.
If you use Projectile Weakness curse, you will not need Pierce support....BUT....that curse will do nothing for your other minions.
In my opinion, Elemental Weakness is best.

P.P.P.S.
The above assumes Triad Grip gloves, which should be a no brainer with skeleton mages, so all your minions are doing elemental damage, easier to synergize damage.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 13, 2021, 10:05:04 PM
"

gonna take a look on this build, is it starter?

this build based on Dead Reckoning unique jewel, you will be totally fine with pure phys melee skeletons until you get that jewel, but you need other set of support gems

"
Prevy wrote:

There is no shotgun here.

I am not fluent speaker and may not truly get ingame terms, but I feel like it is fine to call shotgunning when 60 projectiles fired simultaneously (and ~250 per second!)

"
amkronos wrote:

Also, without Pierce added in the clear speed might be lackluster.

I did some tests with shit gear and I expect skellies to delete mobs without pierce.
Of course, further calculations will show if we really need pierce.
"
Odif wrote:

big message:)

First of all, thank you for you comments and suggestions!
Onward:
I think we have 4 skellies of each element on average, and my further calculations will be based on that.

I really dont like to use EE when I have 3 damage types, I`ll do some research 1) how exactly exposure from WoC work and is it worth using;
2) how much damage from lightning(cold) I lose if I use EE;
and then I decide.

When it comes to 3.13 damage buff, it is all I count on :)

I look into proj weakness using since I dont care about other minions in terms of damage

Triad grip do nothing for skelemages, because their spell is pure elemental damage and there is nothing to convert AND as I said, I dont care about other minions in terms of damage
(and also i dond mind rerolling some reflect on map)
==============================================================

now lemme jump into PoB :)
"
Odif wrote:
If you do the math, Anger is a better aura for skel mages than Zealotry, because skeletons get 150% from flat added damage.
Also, Anger buffs any attack minions you have in addition to the skells, while Zealotry only buffs spell minions.

So basically Hatred is the best aura of 3 elements because of added damage based on physical, not flat added like anger and wrath. Skelemages has 999 phys damage, so they get 250 added cold damage from flat Hatred with no aura effect, while added damage from Anger and Wrath is about 150 average.

1) my calculations showed that WoC is useless and I went with elemental army zombies and jolem to proc 10% cold exposure
2) armagedon brand seems the best of brands to proc EE
"

So basically Hatred is the best aura of 3 elements because of added damage based on physical, not flat added like anger and wrath. Skelemages has 999 phys damage, so they get 250 added cold damage from flat Hatred with no aura effect, while added damage from Anger and Wrath is about 150 average.

No
Skeleton mages do NOT have base physical damage.
They do NOT convert physical to elemental.

Their base damage is cold/fire/lighting.

So Hatred is NOT the best.

Anger is best, the 150% bonus they get from flat damage makes it so, AND with anger, it makes using a cold or lightning based spell to proc EE best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info