Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
"
astrartea wrote:
Spoiler
Is controlled destruction the best alternative to inspiration? I really don't want to have to run inspiration on two different skills to get the damage boost on RF.
Hey astrartea!

By "controlled destruction", did you mean Concentrated Effect? Either way, RF and pure DOT skills, in general, don't have too many support options. Inspiration is a little bit more of an investment here because RF doesn't use mana...but if you were to use something like Flame Wall or Scorching Ray in the RF links, then you'd have mana using skill linked to Inspiration and RF and only require the one socket. That's only if you were already going that route.

RF does lack Damage Support options. You could always add Swift Affliction and Arcane Surge support (it has to be together) but it's still less damage than Inspiration.

You could always try Inspiration instead of Life Gain on Hit, and if you rarely die, then maybe it's an easy choice.

Sorry for the long answer just to say, "there aren't many options". I hope it helped though.

Thanks for the reply but I meant https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Controlled_Destruction_Support which gives a similar more multiplier to inspiration at full charges but doesn't require you to have Inspiration linked to a mana spending skill.
However since Inspiration also gives Cyclone higher crit change it's probably better because of Elemental Overload.
I just wanted to explore some options and to free up one gem socket from Cyclone.
I have a question about flammability being used through ball lightning and Cwdt. Wouldn't it require a curse on hit for ball lightning to actually curse?? Else the curse would probably just be cast around yourself when taking damage??

Im at lvl 49 and using this build - just wondered if i missed something here?
"
Decoydoll wrote:
I have a question about flammability being used through ball lightning and Cwdt. Wouldn't it require a curse on hit for ball lightning to actually curse?? Else the curse would probably just be cast around yourself when taking damage??

Im at lvl 49 and using this build - just wondered if i missed something here?

Nope, you're right mate. The curse is being cast off the damage you're receiving - the purpose of the ball lightning is to proc EE (ele equilibrium). Since it's lightning damage it increases lighting res but lowers enemy fire res thus making your RF damage more potent. You also curse at the same time increasing the ele res reduction.

Also it's super low lvl (CWDT lvl 1) b/c you want it to proc often to reverse the EE effects of purifying flame/wave.
"
saakurou wrote:
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
"
Ormoslormos wrote:
One thing I don't understand. The tree/ascendancy enables 4 golems. And the buffs are boosted per summoned golem. But still the links have 3 golems and a random support (infernal legion). Why? Wouldn't a 4th golem be far superior by boosting all buffs?

You're granted a "4th" golem (duplicate of one already summoned) by the ascendancy nodes. The other types of Golems don't do much to support RF by way of their skills, so Carrion, Lightning or Ice won't benefit the build much.

As WoD states in the detail, Infernal Legion is just for fun. You can put something else in there to buff/assist the Golems as desired. Previous builds had CWDT to automatically respawn the golems without having to manually trigger.

I personally like it that way so that the life regen from Stone Golem stays up permanently - important for early RF sustainment.

Hey mr. Rex what's your view on this build compared to other RF choices? Mostly interested in ascendancy

I don't want to overstate my RF experience, however, as has been detailed in the guide and discussion the Ascendancy and move to elementalist all seem to add to, not take away from this RF build.

Personally I've have not noticed any drop off from my Chieftain RF build, although I'm still only lvl 70 on this new character. However, I was able to sustain RF much sooner with this build and haven't had to tinker with my gear as much to cap resists allowing me to build a larger life pool more quickly.

The aegis buff is new to everyone and a departure from the "pendulum of destruction" of the previous elementalist builds. So while there may be a trade off on the pure damage side, as WoD says, POE is about survival, not just killing stuff instantly. You can't do any damage when you're dead :)

Bottom line, these RF builds are more about simplified play style, ease of use and general enjoyment of the game (my opinion). If you're a stat hunter and DPS junkie, or don't mind the 12-button mash, cast-X-every-8-seconds gonzo mechanics of many other builds, you might be disappointed or have to recalibrate your expectations.
I'm wondering if it's possible to use flame dash or leap slam as my mobility without it messing up EE. I'd prefer flame dash, but I would be fine with either one.
Flame dash a no, Leap Slam a yes. With gear that adds Cold or Lightning damage to the attack the Leap Slam would proc EE for you. Same for Shield Charge or Charged Dash. Frostblink and Lightning Warp can work too. Dash doesn't do any damage though.

Basically you are trying to proc Lightning or Cold damage through some method so the fire damage from Righteous Fire gets buffed. If you do any fire damage, it will nerf the Righteous Fire damage.

I know the build uses Wave of Conviction for doing exposure, but I prefer other methods instead so I don't have to mess around with fire damage accidentally messing up EE even if it is for a short period of time.
Hi,

What do you think about this item for this build ?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Formless_Inferno

I'm at the beginning of yellow maps and my defense is very very bad :/
I'm looking for some stuff that converts physical damage taken as fire.

Other thing, i tried a level 1 blighted map and it was a epic fail.
I didn't success to kill even the first unique monster (i was lvl 84 with a 5L RF and NO monster life increased in map stat)
The single target damage is very low.

What is your experience with blighted map ?

BTW, this build is very interesting :) (but really not the more OP ^^)
I'm going strong on RF now. Since I'm not playing SSF, I traded for a Rise of the Pheonix shield because that +5% max fire resist is hard to...resist. The rest of the gear is still trash, but that's to be expected. Ritual has been very kind to me with jewels at least and I've got a couple decent 7% life jewels.

On that note, I've got a couple small recommendations for a better way to route around the passive tree.

Firstly, and most importantly, I routed using the strength nodes near the jewel node continuing from the ring of life to Combat Stamina, instead of taking the strength and dex node below sanctity (trade 1 str and 1 dex node for 2 str node). 0 extra points required and you get free access to the jewel slot.

Secondly, and very minor, above Born to Fight, I routed using a strength node instead of int. 5 hp from 10 str isn't nothing! That's a trivial change.

In general, jewel slots are much more valuable than raw 5% life nodes. Jewels provide at least 5% life, but often more and combined with other useful stuff. You can craft 6 or 7% life jewels with relatively little currency, but I haven't even had to that yet. I've just been snatching life jewels from Ritual so far.

See, https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAECAosDdQSzBg4I9An2DF8RDxEtEmkTNRQgFm8XHBekGFYZLhynHNwdFCGwI70n7Sj6LJwuLC6UMtE09zpYOz88BTwtPV9Bh0VHRZ1QR1JTU1JTpVXGVkhboF8EXz9hKGebaHRo8mpDbRlxeXwOfIOCx4PMhsqOvo8aj0aSwZSgl4WX9JitmuCboZ1jna6fy6IApwinVayYrY23PriTuwG86sBmxPbGrs9-1AfUj9gk2L3ZYdpi2t3cjd-w42rkUevu7w7vfPAf8Wz31_no-tL-Cg==

That's not a full tree for the build, just the copy of how I've progressed so far, but it does show the minor re-routes.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Jan 19, 2021, 8:50:33 AM
Love the pod cast and love the "I just want to play" :P
"
silvaincrqck7 wrote:
Hi,

What do you think about this item for this build ?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Formless_Inferno

I'm at the beginning of yellow maps and my defense is very very bad :/
I'm looking for some stuff that converts physical damage taken as fire.

Other thing, i tried a level 1 blighted map and it was a epic fail.
I didn't success to kill even the first unique monster (i was lvl 84 with a 5L RF and NO monster life increased in map stat)
The single target damage is very low.

What is your experience with blighted map ?

BTW, this build is very interesting :) (but really not the more OP ^^)

While a good rolled Watcher's Eye is probably more expensive than the Formless Inferno the jewel can have "(6-10)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage while affected by Purity of Fire" stat. If you want to go crazy (and have a lot of money) then find the jewel that also has "(10-15)% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality".
I played this build last league and blighted maps were tough. It wasn't about damage, but just more about area coverage.
Last edited by Maniollo6 on Jan 19, 2021, 10:16:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info