[3.13] Devon's Max Rage Berserker | Endgame viable | up to 13MIL DPS!

3.13 Changes for this build
---------------------------------------------------
Berserker got buffed.

Conclusion: Better than before.
---------------------------------------------------

Pros
+ 4mil+ DPS (8M+ with both totems up and 13M+ with Berserk and Totems up)
+ can do most maps mods
+ league starter-ish
+ super fast map clears
+ excellent Boss killer
+ fast rage ramp up

Cons
- really expensive to max out, Tombfist, Farruls Furr etc.
- squishy with 5.5k life (stacks forty and some evasion)
- can't do phys reflect and no regen maps
- needs to ramp up (but does it quickly)

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Berserker Ascendancy generates rage, Chain hook generates rage, rage gem generates rage and Blitz Charges increase attack speed -> ~20 rage/s and insane Berserk sustain.

Base rage is 50. Rigwalds weapon raises max rage by +25, Bears girdle raises by +20, passive tree raises by +15, unique Jewel raises by +5 and the Ascendancy raises by +10 for a total of 125 RAGE! Rage gem loves it, Bears Girdle loves it, Ascendancy loves it, BERSERKER LOVES IT!!

The build of course has a lot of degen at max rage so we opt for most of the regen nodes on the tree and utilize the Hunter influenced boots (with the regen enchant) and the Marble amulet for even more regen.

Videos and Gifs

Early Showcase
https://youtu.be/MmcWCoVUNDs

Video Guide
https://youtu.be/DxxSA4MhxPo

Sirus A7

Cortex

Path of Building - Pastabin

https://pastebin.com/X49GM0YU (23.01. - v3.13)
- added the Rich Boi cluster variant

Everything is inside, use this^ I even incorporated the Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees. To the bottom left where it says "Endgame - 94", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I have and what you should aim for.

The cluster variant is around 10% better than the default one but much more expensive. The shown large cluster is around 10-15ex. Others are a couple of ex each as well.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- Use one Praxis ring to handle the mana costs until you get mana leech on your tree
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it
- accuracy, attack speed, critical strike chance and attack damage ALL help you

Guide:

Spoiler
ACT 1

Look for a 3L all red sockets item. Early on I used Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + Ruthless. Pick up Ancestral protector when you get it offered as a reward.
Pick up leap slam after killing Brutus.
Pick up Chain hook after reaching Merveils caverns. Take Precision as well, level it max to level 4.

Act 2

You will pick up the Rage, Melee Phys and Faster attacks support gems after killing the spooder.
After you complete "The Root of the Problem" buy Flesh and stone from Yeena.
Take the Herald of Ash when you can.
Your links should be Chain Hook + Rage + Melee Phys or use Faster attacks instead of Melee Phys if you think Hook is too slow. Use faster attacks on leap slam.

Act 3

Try to find a 4L (3 red 1 green or 4 red is fine). Pick up pride when you can, you can drop herald of ash when you get pride (although you might not have the mana yet).
Solve Siosa library quest. He should provide, Fortify and Impale. Your gems should look like this now: Chain Hook, Rage, Fortify and Impale (or melee phys instead of Impale). Recommended to have Praxis at this point.
Make sure to keep upgrading your weapons and to use AXES.
Solve all of the trials and complete the normal lab, take rage generation.

Act 4

After completing the quest "Breaking the Seal" take Berserk as the reward and buy Steelskin.
Pick up CWDT and Multistrike after defeating Malachai. Link CWDT(8) with Steelskin call(14) if you have the space.

Act 5

Buy a 5L body armour if you can (4R + 1G).
Links: Chain + Rage + Forty + Multistrike + Impale.
Make sure you have Praxis, mana leech or Conqueror's Efficiency jewel as 5L will be very costly.

Act 6

Complete the clearing the strand quest to get access to all of the gems.
If you have the currency try to setup all of your links now. Just copy how they're listed in the guide.
Also try to cap out your resistances as you have access to everything except lvl3 Enlighten (necessary for all auras).

Endgame

Feel free to play normally until T13 maps. After you reach these you should really consider optimizing your character because you're going to die otherwise. Sirus Rares are insane.
I recommend getting a regular rare 6L chestpiece and decent weapons and just clearing Charged/Enriched breachstones, T15 beachheads or Cowards trial (T16) rotas until like lvl 93-95. After that get your fortify stacking up and running and as much gear as you can and tackle stronger red maps.

Passive tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

Ascendancy

Berserker

1.) Crave the Slaughter
2.) Rite of Ruin
3.) Flawless Savagery
4.) Blitz

Bandits

Help Alira - need Crit Multi and Resistances (badly)

Pantheon

Soul of Lunaris + Soul of Shakari - Placeholders for now but pretty sure these will be the best.

All Links

Aim for a 21/20 Anomalous Rage gem. This one will give you the best damage increase apart from awakened gems of course.

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

Chain Hook (6L) = Fortify > Multistrike > Rage > Impale > Brutality

3L = Precision(4) + Berserk(20) + Enduring Cry(20)

3L = Leap Slam(20/20) + Faster Attacks(20/20) + Endurance charge on Melee stun(20/20)

4L = Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Ancestral Protector + Maim + Impale

4L = Pride + Flesh and Stone + Dread Banner + Enlighten(3)

2L Tombfist (1 or 2 abyssal sockets) = CWDT(6) + Steelskin(13) + two Abyssal Jewels (make sure to have at least one Murderous abyssal jewel as it procs intimidate which is 10% more DPS, Searching procs maim)

Unset Ring (with Aspect of the Cat)= Less Duration(1)

Gear

Max rage items:
Spoiler
Weapons: Varunastra + Rigwald's Savagery or 2x Psychotic Axe
Belt: Bear's Girdle

Leveling Gear:
Spoiler
If you can't get a unique, just get a similar rare.

Leveling Armour:
Spoiler
lvl 1: Tabula Rasa, Goldrim, Wanderlust, Lochtonial Caress, Darkness Enthroned
lvl 8: Wurm's Molt/Meginord's Girdle - damage+life or leech+int+coldres
lvl 16: Daresso's Salute (Diamond skin anoint) - can be used till endgame
lvl 22: Praxis - free skills, can be used till endgame
lvl 24: Le Heup of All - can be used till endgame

Body Armour: Use a Tabula Rasa or any decent yellow 4L/5L/6L until you get Farruls Furr.

Leveling Axes:
Spoiler
lvl 6 - The Screaming Eagle
lvl 16 - Dreadarc
lvl 29 - Relentless Fury
lvl 32 - The Gryphon (requires prophecy but excellent for leveling)
lvl 40+ - Any rare with 120+ pdps
lvl 50+ - Any rare with 160+ pdps
lvl 60+ - Any rare with 200+ pdps
lvl 65 - Jack, the axe or any 250+ pdps rare
lvl 70 - Psychotic Axe base with 300+ pdps

Endgame Gear:
Spoiler

Both Crit Chance and Crit Multi are good to have on weapons but if you have to choose, Crit Chance outweighs Multi since it's the only thing that generates your blitz charges. Multi will give slightly more damage though.
0.3% mana leech is enough to have somewhere (I have it on one of my axes). You can also take the 1 skill point 0.4% mana leech on the tree.

One of your rings needs to be an Unset ring with the modifier Aspect of the Cat crafted on it. You can have the same setup as me with a bit of Harvest crafting. Additionally you need to socket lvl1 Less duration if you want to have a permanent uptime on your charges (read Farruls Fur).

One of the rings should also have either Assassins Mark (more damage) or Poacher's Mark (more survivability). Both give decent amounts of boss damage, Poacher's less than Assassins mark.

~Grand total of 50+ EX~

Anointment:

The best Anointment:
Panopticon (totem buffs for bossing)

My personal current achievements with the build:

Lvl 95
21 Challenges
Obliterated 32 conquerors
Killed Sirus x3 (2x deathless)
Killed Shaper x4 (3x deathless)
Killed Elder x1 (deathless)
Killed Cortex x1 (deathless)

If you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153

^^^ This is what I'll be playing at the start of this league! ^^^
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Mar 3, 2021, 5:59:38 AM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2021, 3:50:07 AM
This idea it's crazy AF. But very interesting and original.
"
loczek123 wrote:
This idea it's crazy AF. But very interesting and original.

I know right?! And tnx :D
I even bought a nice MTX set to go with it (wild body armour + Deadly renegade for other parts).

I am just slightly worried about survivability. Might gonna have to sacrifice a bit of damage. I'm not going for Aspect of Carnage so it should be a bit tankier than the rest of the berserkers. Fortify is there as well. We'll see in any case.

Hyped for it though since I always wanted to make a real proper fast AF berserker.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on Jan 14, 2021, 1:01:35 PM
this'll be my league starter!
I am also thinking whether to try. The problem is that it might fail, it's a shame you didn't try to put something like this on the standard to get a picture of the situation.
"
loczek123 wrote:
I am also thinking whether to try. The problem is that it might fail, it's a shame you didn't try to put something like this on the standard to get a picture of the situation.

I only came up with the idea after they buffed the berserker ascendancy and added +10 rage :/
I don't see how you plan on capping out impale, why pick up impale if we can't get 100 anyways?
Eating charcoal. Yeah.
Mybad! Forgot about impale gem, great guide so far big respect :)
Eating charcoal. Yeah.
"
ExocrueltyV2 wrote:
Mybad! Forgot about impale gem, great guide so far big respect :)

Nps and ty :D
How is this build working out for you so far?
Interested in trying it out when I get time to actually play the league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info