[3.15] Elementalist Discharge | 3M+ DPS 10M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

71 now with the req items. This is baller! hehe
"
Cyander wrote:

True enough the issue with chance for freeze and shock is problematic, freeze can be fixed with Hrimnor's resolve, but the shock would remain. That and while Hrimnor's resolve isn't bad, there are better rares. Similarly we could use a Sunspite or Mokou's embrace for the self ignite, but there's simply nicer rares. Aside from those three there aren't other options unfortunately.Thing remains that without ignite we are missing out on a lot of the mods on Eye of Innocence. Though the leech is less usefull for the purple version of this build. So perhaps Sunspite would be a decent option, since we can add the damage increase from Eye of Innocence to it. Especially if we can find one with a max endurance charge corrupt, though that would be quite rare.

And agreed that we could get a lot of damage from a single jewel, but these are usually expensive. I'd argue that rep fragile bloom can simply feel as a nice quality of life, until your budget allows for a good rare jewel.

Both would get the leech, blackflame version still does all fire damage, enemies just take it as chaos.

I gave up trying on the chieftain version, moku's is a dps/charge/regen loss, jewel cost a helm slot, which is big dps for -res craft plus better life and res. If you're a piano flask player and have flask up all the time you could probably get by but I don't have the hands for that.

Sunspite with +1 corruption would be great. That would be a pretty expensive and time consuming endeavor on its own. 8-10c a pop, farm lab till 80% stun immunity and then pray you hit the corruption. And lose a life slot on top of it.

If you skip the lab then you have to run Bring King which is the least helpful pantheon imo.
Did you guys tried out Maelstorm of Chaos yet?
The boss have so huge fire and chaos def that I could not damage her down to 75% in 10 minutes.

How the hell we should deal with such bosses?
"
Cyander wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Cyander wrote:

Something that I probably should have mentioned, but culling strike support is also handy on the stormbrand. If there's still enough room for the other gems that is, but it can be really helpful on big bosses like Sirus.
Another thing that is potentially useful is adding the Replica Reckless Defense gem to the build, not only are the block mods nice, it also allows us to ignite ourselves, which would give you the damage boost from eye of innocence, without having to sacrifice gear. Similarly adding a Replica Fragile Bloom to the build will immediately offset the degen from Replica Ambu's charge, since we're always getting hit. Both these gems are really cheap and can probably be found with nice corruptions.
Found a blackflame just now with increased Malice effect corruption for only 10c.

Yeah, cull is nice on big stuff, I normally weapon swap a ball lighting + cull end game. Just to save main gem links.

The only thing I don't like about the rep reckless defense is it includes freeze and shock, shock is sneaky and can get you popped and freeze would be annoying without a perm immunity I think.

A corrupted blood immune rep fragile bloom would be nice. We can get a lot of damage off one jewel though, more than most of our single damage nodes.

True enough the issue with chance for freeze and shock is problematic, freeze can be fixed with Hrimnor's resolve, but the shock would remain. That and while Hrimnor's resolve isn't bad, there are better rares. Similarly we could use a Sunspite or Mokou's embrace for the self ignite, but there's simply nicer rares. Aside from those three there aren't other options unfortunately.Thing remains that without ignite we are missing out on a lot of the mods on Eye of Innocence. Though the leech is less usefull for the purple version of this build. So perhaps Sunspite would be a decent option, since we can add the damage increase from Eye of Innocence to it. Especially if we can find one with a max endurance charge corrupt, though that would be quite rare.

And agreed that we could get a lot of damage from a single jewel, but these are usually expensive. I'd argue that rep fragile bloom can simply feel as a nice quality of life, until your budget allows for a good rare jewel.

Why aren't we igniting ourselves anymore with eye of innocence?

I played the chieftain version of this build last league, and I'm a tired player that mostly follows guides, so I don't understand whats different on that end this time.

I just bought an eye of innocence and wanted to get it to work.
"
LeoDT wrote:

I played the chieftain version of this build last league, and I'm a tired player that mostly follows guides, so I don't understand whats different on that end this time.

It's for moments where you don't have max charges ( start of the map, between packs if you missed or only hit 3 mobs or w/e, and on bosses). The rest of the time its super smooth, you discharge on 6 mobs and you get 6 charges back.
"
LeoDT wrote:

We never were, chieftain didn't self ignite either. Eye of innocence supplies the hits that keep our charges up. Without it the build cant generate charges except for being hit by a mob or enduring cry.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
LeoDT wrote:

We never were, chieftain didn't self ignite either. Eye of innocence supplies the hits that keep our charges up. Without it the build cant generate charges except for being hit by a mob or enduring cry.

oh ok, I get it now. I could swear I was igniting myself last league on the chieftain build. Damn I just realized we waste a lot of stats on the eye of innocence then, right?

So with this gear im curently on t16 maps, right before first sirus. At 5k hp and 500 es, i get 1 shotted by simple mobs. molten shell doesnt even proc... Am i doing something wrong? Dps is ok, but like, i cant move past level 87, at like 250 deaths atm.
"
LeoDT wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:
"
LeoDT wrote:

oh ok, I get it now. I could swear I was igniting myself last league on the chieftain build. Damn I just realized we waste a lot of stats on the eye of innocence then, right?

Well you can still self ignite through either Mokou's, Sunspite, or rep Reckless Defence, or self curse with Flammability. Sunspite is pretty nice if you can't afford a endurance charge option.

Otherwise yeah, we lose a lot of stats on it.
I'd suggest just switching between Sunspite and a Endurance charge boots in POB and decide for yourself. As you actually seem to lose only about 100k dps if you count yourself as Ignited with Sunspite. You'll also lose about 300 hp and 30% chaos res, but it'd still be at 40%. I don't consider these that bad a loss, and it'll be significantly cheaper.
"
LeoDT wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:
"
LeoDT wrote:

Well you can still self ignite through either Mokou's, Sunspite, or rep Reckless Defence, or self curse with Flammability. Sunspite is pretty nice if you can't afford a endurance charge option.

Otherwise yeah, we lose a lot of stats on it.
I'd suggest just switching between Sunspite and a Endurance charge boots in POB and decide for yourself. As you actually seem to lose only about 100k dps if you count yourself as Ignited with Sunspite. You'll also lose about 300 hp and 30% chaos res, but it'd still be at 40%. I don't consider these that bad a loss, and it'll be significantly cheaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info