Trading improvement QoL

Let's face it, trading is a time consuming, frustrating activity, especially for the average player with only few hours per week to play.
Just think about buying maps or mats or currency ... it can take even an hour to get someone to finally reply and conclude the trade ...
Imagine the average Joe with 1 hour to play which is spent trying to get the missing map he needs ... sigh.
This said we know well that GGG won't implement some sort of AH (which i understand and agree) but there are different approaches to make trading more automated and especially safe and possibly cool (why not ?); the one that is popping in my mind is the following:

A npc char (vendor) in your HO which can be stuffed with sales (currency included - stacked or unstacked).
Said sales are checked via the trade site exactly as it is now but, i/o contacting the seller via whisper, you get an invite to the hideout to visit the npc.
Other player benefits are:
- You can keep playing/mapping/whatever while ppl shop
- They can see all you listings and eventually make more than a single purchase
- Scams no longer exists
- End of dumb listigs for half perandus coin ...
- End of time wasting listings with pricing growing every 2 minutes ...
- End of useless listings (i.e. crap uniques) which are btw never attended
- No need to manage multiple whispers while playing (you know they all want to buy while bossing/labs right ? ;))
Also GGG could benefit, just think i.e. about extra/ad hoc vendor tabs sold as mtx

This is just an idea which could be further improved or even rethink to make trading less painfull and time wasting.

Thanks for the time taken to read my suggestion, take care!
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2021, 5:15:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
the decision enforced on you is to either sell/buy alot OR play the game alot.
if that slows you down, it's intended.

their decision to not implement a trader in the hideout was made 5 years ago, nothing changed on the game's side since.

--

if you wanna play the game, just sell less junk.
if you suck at the game you can still try to sell your junk to get some bucks to get better gear.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 13, 2021, 1:50:01 PM
"
vio wrote:
the decision enforced on you is to either sell/buy alot OR play the game alot.
if that slows you down, it's intended.

their decision to not implement a trader in the hideout was made 5 years ago, nothing changed on the game's side since.

--

if you wanna play the game, just sell less junk.
if you suck at the game you can still try to sell your junk to get some bucks to get better gear.

So what you're saying is that folks who want to play should be able to trade as well, but it should be a pain in their arses to do it.

Guess what, it's a pain for everyone. Nobody's life is enriched by having to portal back to hideout and dig through their stashes.

Also, 5 years ago, Delve and Heist didn't exist. A lot more of the game is portal-unfriendly now.

Do you have anything that addresses any of the actual arguments for including this stuff, other than "the devs want parts of the game to be a pain to do, it should stay a pain just because"? Yloss brought up a lot of great points and you've opted to address none of them.
I assume you did not read trade manifesto, please go read that thank you.
"
Deathfairy wrote:

I did it thanks but that manifesto is pretty old and meanwhile game evolved and changed ... that manifesto could as well.
I really don't get why game can't be improved because 5 years ago they stated something ...
Only stupids can't change their minds.
I imagined i stirred a mess with the post but hoped to get some constructive criticism at least or different new ideas for the devs to think about.
Sigh.
Personally I just want QoL improvements to the current system.

Trade site implemented in game, when you choose the item in game instead of needing to whisper the other player it would open a special window to start the trade where you set your offer in and send it to the seller. Seller gets a mini notification they can put on hold till they are done or ready where they can see the offer and accept it, deny it, or open for barter (which would open a dedicated chat window for the trade) (the seller could also ignore offers below a certain amount and ignore buyers that are trolling) after the seller accepts and puts the item in the new trade ui it would send a confirmation to the buyer to confirm they still want/need it and then have where they would put in the currency or items agreed upon for the trade. The system would confirm that the items are in fact what was agreed upon and send the resulting items to each player.

With that you wouldn't need to whisper, get invited to a party, try to get to the right hideout or zone as them, check for scams, trade, and then go back to what you were doing. (assuming the person you whispered even responded)

With that it would keep the whole spirit of bartering and interaction I think GGG wants but not make it such an outdated and unfun system to interact with.

At least in my opinion
"
IonDrako wrote:

With that it would keep the whole spirit of bartering and interaction I think GGG wants but not make it such an outdated and unfun system to interact with.

Problem is, what % of trades currently involve bartering and interaction beyond porting to someone's hideout with an agreed-upon # of orbs, initiating trade, doing some clicks, and maybe saying "TY"? Especially since a lot of the "characters" trading from hideouts are bots in the first place?

The fact that there are bots for this purpose shows that the game already prefers to do what GGG doesn't favor: Auto-trading.
"
Yloss wrote:

A npc char (vendor) in your HO which can be stuffed with sales (currency included - stacked or unstacked).
Said sales are checked via the trade site exactly as it is now but, i/o contacting the seller via whisper, you get an invite to the hideout to visit the npc.

I pretty much like this idea, but its an old one.

In Final Fantasy 14 (2010) you could set up a shop and sell automatic to other players.

GGG is still in the opinion, that a selling bot in your hideout, would give players too much QoL and would speed up their gearing process and all in all players would be faster done with a league.

I think that the devs are playing SSF and not Trade anyway, so they haven't been self experience with the trade mechanic in the past 10 years.

I was so pissed about trading that I played SSF several leagues in a row.

When I´m in my Hideout I also trade 1c items to newplayers, but to tp back home after a whipser for a 1c item is pretty anoying, especially if you go back and they leave because they whispherd 10 players already.

Maybe in Path of Exiles 2 we will finally get some improvements in trading.
Last edited by Aijendo on Jan 13, 2021, 8:11:45 PM
"
Azdgari wrote:

Problem is, what % of trades currently involve bartering and interaction beyond porting to someone's hideout with an agreed-upon # of orbs, initiating trade, doing some clicks, and maybe saying "TY"? Especially since a lot of the "characters" trading from hideouts are bots in the first place?

The fact that there are bots for this purpose shows that the game already prefers to do what GGG doesn't favor: Auto-trading.

I mean the players love auto trading, less hassle and quicker response from bots, but overall GGG I don't think want that (like they say they don't and do supposedly ban bots on occasion but who knows)

My suggestions would just make people who don't bot have a slightly easier time with the process but not go against what I believe GGG wants from trade. And the option to barter is more so that option is there for GGG's sake since they want bartering and player interaction with trading somehow, not that people would use it.

Just not having to go back and forth spam msging people to buy something, wait for the party invite, yada yada. Especially for me since I get anxiety every time I try to buy things, getting worse the longer it takes to buy whatever it is. My suggested system would take some of that off me.
"
Yloss wrote:
"
Deathfairy wrote:

I did it thanks but that manifesto is pretty old and meanwhile game evolved and changed ... that manifesto could as well.
I really don't get why game can't be improved because 5 years ago they stated something ...
Only stupids can't change their minds.
I imagined i stirred a mess with the post but hoped to get some constructive criticism at least or different new ideas for the devs to think about.
Sigh.

I love this concept manifesto is old and game can be improved... so much wrong here.

1) The fact that it is old not make it wrong, unless you are able to provide specific examples of what changed/evolved to warrant changes to manifesto vision you are just blabbing considering you mention constructive criticism in the same post I find it ironic.

2) You still missing the point that making trade easier will not improve the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info