[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
loczek123 wrote:
Unfortunately, today I am at work all day. Yesterday before sleeping I hit only recreational level 30. I watch jewel prices on trade and as we have 45 pieces and the price is 8 chaos. It looks like this is a very common drop and you will have no problem getting it.

Well, it seems to me that Pierce will be an obligatory gem for this buld. I can't imagine playing this without Pierce.

I hope the Dead Reckoning jewel does become cheap.

Unfortunately, 8 chaos on day one of a league is quite expensive.

Time will tell.
"
mcburial wrote:
Am I the only one who cannot open the poeplanner links?
Either directly clicking on them or importing them in the website gives "something went wrong with the build" error.

I am sad that poeplanner.com was not working at a key point in the league launch.

Out of my control

It is working now.
"
SilenceIQU wrote:
where is the pob

PoB is DEMON SPAWN!

Just kidding.

so far i can tell,a whole other playstyle..maybe when i got vaal skeleton's and dead reckoning it goes smoother but atm.....
Ok

My day one experiences.

I am rather slow in my progression.
I played 11 hours and only made it to the start of Act 6.

I had bad luck getting 4 links in my chest and head, and did not get both the skeletons and zombies into 4 links until late Act 5.

This did not prevent the build from doing REALLY well.
From Act 4 on it dominated bosses, and had no problems with Rituals.

Once again I was amazed at how powerful Vitality aura is.
I am still using it in act 6.

One of the strategies I used to help gearing, was to prioritize Essences as Ritual rewards.
I used them up as fast as I got them.

Here is my gear, start of Act 6

I bought the Triad gloves, already 4 red sockets, for 1 chaos.

I bought the Vaal Summon Skeleton gem for 1 alc.

Everything else was found and/or crafted.

My elemental resists are not capped, but all are over 60, which is good enough with the massive life regen from Vitality. (Good enough for Act 6, I will need to cap them before Act 10, then again for mapping after the Kitava Act 10 resistance penalty.)

Killing Kitava Act 5 was a joke, he almost insta phased in every phase.

I hope you all are enjoying the build.

Have fun!
Last edited by Odif on Jan 16, 2021, 3:04:44 AM
"
Odif wrote:

Yes!

I made it to maps in about 10 hours, which is a person best. Even so, it was a really sloppy league start with several real-life distractions.

I picked up vaal summon skeleton for 1 alc very early, which was a huge boost for act bosses, and I got a triad grip for 1c, but I wasn't able to get it crafted into R=R,G=G until after I hit maps and started farming rituals for chromatics and jewellers. (I used the delve craft to guarantee 2 green sockets for 25 chromes, then spent about 25 jewellers alternating 2-socket, 3-socket, and 4-socket crafts to get the remaining to red sockets).

Overall not bad at all! I died a lot because I was pushing hard, and spent about 8c on the rest of my Very Mediocre mapping gear:

Spoiler

And a set of Really Crappy flasks:
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 16, 2021, 3:29:07 AM
Hi Odif,

Thx for the nice build. Been polaying mostly Summoners till POE Beta myself but never tried Skellies Mage.

Wanted to give a try with your build, so far working well, as expected with minions builds, still no skellies mages tho at lv 40 ish (will buy later, price too high for now).

One question i didnt saw any explanation/answers to in your very detailed post (i believe i read every sections you did) :
- Why CHAOS GOLEM instead of CARRION GOLEM ?
Thx for your input on this.
Padre
"
Odif wrote:
Ok

My day one experiences.

Here is my gear, start of Act 6

Have fun!

Very much enjoying this so far - I'm only about 3 hrs in (and I'm slow) so I'm still in act 2. I have noticed though, that whilst you mention getting two BBR wands as soon as you can, you didn't mention which gems to socket, and I then noticed that this didn't match with your build as outlined above. I know that things are always likely to be very fluid at League start, but would it be possible to put up a section on gems and how they'd change as you progressed? Love the work you've done already, and I'm very much looking forward to getting past the Act 1-10 grind!
"
timnic98 wrote:

Very much enjoying this so far - I'm only about 3 hrs in (and I'm slow) so I'm still in act 2. I have noticed though, that whilst you mention getting two BBR wands as soon as you can, you didn't mention which gems to socket, and I then noticed that this didn't match with your build as outlined above. I know that things are always likely to be very fluid at League start, but would it be possible to put up a section on gems and how they'd change as you progressed? Love the work you've done already, and I'm very much looking forward to getting past the Act 1-10 grind!

If you look under "General Information and Leveling Tips for Newbies" There is some guidelines to gems while leveling.
Dead recking is down to 6 or 7 chaos this morning.

I just swapped to mages, and wow, it's like a whole different build. I've just started leveling the mage-specific support gems, but I hope this is end-game viable, because I LOVE the look of their projectiles filling the screen.

(a few minutes later...)

Vaal summon mage skeletons is perfect for ritual encounters. Highly recommended.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 16, 2021, 11:22:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info