[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
yoshisoul wrote:
Hello,

Can you please help me out with a item filter for this build?

Thank you!

Neversink

Normally you can access it from the pathofexile.com site, but that seems to be not working.

Neversink also has an external website
filterblade.xyz

Just use his "regular" strictness filter.

Last edited by Odif on Jan 15, 2021, 12:33:47 PM
"
Agroveuin wrote:
stupid question btw. Any tips and checkpoints for skill gems + support gems for leveling? Cuz leveling from 1lvl on Zombie - meh

Inside the guide there is a HUGE section detailing leveling tips, which tell you exactly what skills to use when.

It's near the bottom of the guide
"General Information and Leveling Tips for Newbies"

Check it out.
I put a lot of work into it.
"
"
Agroveuin wrote:
stupid question btw. Any tips and checkpoints for skill gems + support gems for leveling? Cuz leveling from 1lvl on Zombie - meh
Have a look at tytykiller's minion run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRr8MirbDK8

I would NOT recommend that for a newbie.

That is for speed running.
He skips quests, he is massively under leveled.

If you are an expert, do speed running.

For newbies, go slow, do every quest, explore.

Hello, I am interested in following the guide and I would like to know if this guide will continue to improve to have a better build or will it be only for newbies.

Thank you
"
Odif wrote:
"
"
Agroveuin wrote:
Have a look at tytykiller's minion run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRr8MirbDK8

I would NOT recommend that for a newbie.

That is for speed running.
He skips quests, he is massively under leveled.

If you are an expert, do speed running.

For newbies, go slow, do every quest, explore.
Yeah I wasn't trying to say "do as tyty does" but rather look at the skills he uses, because that's what the other person asked for :x

That being said, Im looking forward to start with your build within the next hour. Thanks for the guide!
After too much waffling, this is my starter and mapping farmer. I'd been looking at other skelemancer builds, and this one in comparison is just super well-thought-out, straight-forward, and in tune with the latest meta changes.

Thanks for your work on this Odif!
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 15, 2021, 1:14:14 PM
"
Gandalf_spain wrote:

Hello, I am interested in following the guide and I would like to know if this guide will continue to improve to have a better build or will it be only for newbies.

Thank you

At a certain point, when you are very wealthy and want to invest heavily, there are better builds, BUT...

At that point it is easy to transition to a different minion build, one that scales better with currency, i.e. uses cluster jewels.

You can start with this one as a league starter, then transition later on.
"
GERWARIC wrote:
After too much waffling, this is my starter and mapping farmer. I'd been looking at other skelemancer builds, and this one in comparison is just super well-thought-out, straight-forward, and in tune with the latest meta changes.

Thanks for your work on this Odif!

Thank you.

I have been playing minions in PoE since early 2014.
Including a LOT of skeleton mage play, back in patch 2.1 when they first came out.

Thus, I was able to quickly modify my build to take into account both the nerf to spectres and the buff to skeleton mages, using my extensive experience and knowledge.
"
Odif wrote:
"
Gandalf_spain wrote:

Thank you

At a certain point, when you are very wealthy and want to invest heavily, there are better builds, BUT...

At that point it is easy to transition to a different minion build, one that scales better with currency, i.e. uses cluster jewels.

You can start with this one as a league starter, then transition later on.

Will you put the cluster jewels in this build?
"
Yeah I wasn't trying to say "do as tyty does" but rather look at the skills he uses, because that's what the other person asked for :x

That being said, Im looking forward to start with your build within the next hour. Thanks for the guide!

My appologies.
I am a bit touchy, because I spent a LOT of time writing the "General Information and Leveling Tips for Newbies" section, and it seems people are NOT EVEN READING IT.

It has detailed, act by act tips for exactly what skills to use, and how to get them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info