[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Kelevraz wrote:
Which build would you transition this into. Thanks for the guide.

i started with this last league then transitioned into phantasms when i could buy the soulwrest staff. the skill tree is pretty much the same you just need to swap weapon for this

"
i started with this last league then transitioned into phantasms when i could buy the soulwrest staff. the skill tree is pretty much the same you just need to swap weapon for this

How would you compare the builds?
"
Kelevraz wrote:
Which build would you transition this into. Thanks for the guide.

I wouldn't. I would stay with the build.
But I did link Kay's Necro build guide in my guide as a possible transition.

Or try one of the many variants posted in the 60+ pages of this thread.
"
KuplyaDenegs wrote:
Guys i need help:) I want to try to start this build. Can you share a slightly late build with clusters, jewels, and so on what to strive for. I'm afraid that in the basic gear on the t13 blight it will be difficult.

The basic gear will dominate t16 blighted maps.
See the "Testimonial" section.
The first testimonial shows the gear a person used to farm t16 blighted maps last league. Its all "basic" gear.
Can be this viable ? http://poeurl.com/dfNI Less DPS but more Tanky i want do as starter for HC
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Apr 15, 2021, 2:39:37 PM
How does this build work for invitations ect? Looking for a league starter necro that I can use as a bosser.
tried it last league had lots of fun. tried converting to a more specter focused and lost takiness. great build im starting ritual with it tomorow.
"
Can be this viable ? http://poeurl.com/dfNI Less DPS but more Tanky i want do as starter for HC

Yes...BUT
Your zombies will die sometimes, as you don't have any points in either minion defense cluster.
Your Vaal Summon Skeletons will die faster also.
Regular skel deaths don't matter, as you just resummon.

If you dont mind resummoning zombies, it should be a fine tanky option.
"
Tree1 wrote:
How does this build work for invitations ect? Looking for a league starter necro that I can use as a bosser.

You will need to invest past the base gear for harder invitations.
The build can do anything except deep delve with investment.

The third entry in the testimonial section, shows a person last league who invested heavy to do all content.
Last edited by Odif on Apr 15, 2021, 8:39:08 PM
will try with this as starting build in 3.14. never had experience with skeletons (early played as flame\ice golems, earths with aurastack, zombies, whole heap of spectres builds, and even tornadoshot deadeye and bane occultist).
will luck how is good in fact if compare what author wrote :)
p.s.
I am impressed by the author's efforts to quickly update the guide for a new patch (unlike builds where the authors put a new number and post a wall of text about how busy they are and they have no time to update their guide right now, fuck them)
Last edited by jurikozzz on Apr 16, 2021, 5:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info