[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
evilmindcz wrote:
I have already failed 4 attempts to get +2 duration in corruption chamber (well, only 1 destroyed, other chests ended with nothing usefull for this build), so when i saw this one for sale today, i bought it, even if i knew this will be impossible to color it right. It had like 6 reds originally, so far i ended up with this, which i believe is a strongest gem combination for situation, when i cant get more then 3 blue.

It is now like very, very small minmax to be honest, not really worth the price (and i'll still need to change one medium cluster tomorrow). But there is still a hope, i can pray for BBBBGR, just need to take all the vaal orbs from ritual rewards now... :-)

Looks like you have Damage on Full life as your red gem.
This only supports attacks, mages use spells.

Try a level 4 empower.
"
Jebusownzall wrote:
For the weapons, isn't level of all minion gems better than level of all spell gems?

No.
All Spell gems works on all Minion Spell gems AND it works on non minion spell gems like the auras.

FYI, the wording of the weapon affix is "All Minion Spell Gems" so it does not work on minion support gems.
The wording on the helmet affix is "Socketed Minion Gems" so it does work on support minion gems, but only those socketed in the helmet.
Really fun and cool build. This is the first minion build I play and this was my return to PoE after like 5 leagues away and im very happy with how it is performing.
still need to upgrade some of the gear like the rings and gloves but overall Im pretty happy with my current gear
got super lucky on the wand crafted this one on my 2nd resonator

then bought the other one

Overall I recommend this build it can go very far on pretty much no investment and if you like it you can have fun spending currency upgrading to better gear to do the endgame.
Last edited by Magico13 on Feb 9, 2021, 4:13:49 PM
"
Odif wrote:

Looks like you have Damage on Full life as your red gem.
This only supports attacks, mages use spells.

Try a level 4 empower.

Oh, damn, i'm so stupid :-( thanks, dunno why believed PoB in this.

But GG doesnt worked for me anyway, i really dislike slower projectiles for single target, so i decided to go back to my old chest till i get 4 blue on this one.
BTW I solved the problem i have on lvl 98, that i really dont have any usefull minion or life nodes close - replacing large 8 socket cluster with 12! Thats probably common knowledge, based on the price of this base, but i never played minions before so i didnt knew it.

So far i crafted this, every small node gives 13% dmg and 3% cast speed, and when i'll able to replace the defense prefix with +life, it will give me like +350 hp too!

Hey guys, I've been mostly following this guide for my build and I'm starting to get through red maps pretty comfortably with my setup now. But I'm looking at what to improve, seems like any item upgrades are at least a few ex each now, not sure if I'm missing anything obvious. Or whether I should be spending more on dps or ehp.

Here's the current gear set up:

I'm thinking of putting a doryani glorious vanity for the 20% health to es in the socket between pain attunement and conduit, which then gets the bonus defense scale from the skin of the loyal. Not sure if the 7 ish points getting there is better than say a cheap cluster jewel or other alternatives.

I've also considered culling support on flame dash, otherwise not sure what else I could use on the gloves instead of the 3 supports.
"
evilmindcz wrote:
BTW I solved the problem i have on lvl 98, that i really dont have any usefull minion or life nodes close - replacing large 8 socket cluster with 12! Thats probably common knowledge, based on the price of this base, but i never played minions before so i didnt knew it.

So far i crafted this, every small node gives 13% dmg and 3% cast speed, and when i'll able to replace the defense prefix with +life, it will give me like +350 hp too!

Well, if you really want to boost your dps or survivability there is one clear option-timeless jewels

Back in the day when I was playing trade league, there 2 important ones, I don't remember their name now, but one converted nodes to minions deal 80% increased damage(and you can have up to 4 nodes for 320% increase) and another that boosted max chaos resist and increased max resists

My guess they were not nerfed much and you can look them up on the forum or youtube
It's a bit late and I'm already done playing this league, but I just wanted to quickly pop in and say that this build worked like a charm.

Cleared everything up to and including A5 Sirus without any major problems - you have to be somewhat competent at dodging his abilities, though. After A5 Sirus, I did some more high tier mapping but I lost the motivation to progress to the Maven fight.

You can look at my character profile to check my gear (I think).
This build does end game content just fine with sub optimal gear

It's my first SSF build that beat Sirus AL7 deathless, Uber elder(1 death), delve 300+, hearth of the grove, timeless domain and if I kept Maven out of it I could have done Uber Atziri too(Those vines lock/slow u in place making escaping her death blasts virtually impossible). Another fight I failed was the 4 breachlords-one of them filled the arena with spikes blocking movement and projectiles and others do vast area oneshotting attacks

I had issues with previous summoner's minions dying to hard bosses(SSF subpar gear) but here skeletons are easy to resummon

"
evilmindcz wrote:

yeah these got ludicrously expensive fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info