[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

you hit a pretty big dps wall when you start doing sirus 6+ content that only multi multi exa level investment will cure.

if we go by what evilmindcz is using. its probably 6 exa for the chest plus a chunky amount of chrome and harvest socket color manipulation

his wands are on average 12 - 15 exalted each because the minion damage mod

the amy is 6 exa minimum .. perhaps more because he got lucky with the dex roll ( which is very desirable)

That fact in of itself is not unusual but that is about the limit for this build on a cheap budget sirus 6 level content.

Afterwords the scaling inefficiencies of the skeleton mages themselves really start to show
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
you hit a pretty big dps wall when you start doing sirus 6+ content that only multi multi exa level investment will cure.

if we go by what evilmindcz is using. its probably 6 exa for the chest plus a chunky amount of chrome and harvest socket color manipulation

the amy is 6 exa minimum .. perhaps more because he got lucky with the dex roll ( which is very desirable)

That fact in of itself is not unusual but that is about the limit for this build on a cheap budget sirus 6 level content.

Afterwords the scaling inefficiencies of the skeleton mages themselves really start to show

Maybe at one point the build will start falling short, but so far I'm having the strongest SSF run yet with these skelli mages. Only on AW5 but all T16 guardians/conquerors/Bosses go down fast enough for me. They are also very good on blight, breaches, heists and rituals. The build is also very tanky, so far Sirus is the only thing that give me a hard time with his death beam.

Also, it's should be fairly easy to switch to warrior skellis or zombies but so far I see no problems yet, especially when considering further upgrades to my current setup

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

I think it was just 6 + 13. There is actually very small difference between these average wands and these with fractured temple mod, sold for 80+ ex.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Amulet is very easy to craft, pretty much just for price of awaken orb, and you only care for prefixes then, so you can reroll infinitely with "keep prefixes, reroll suffixes" harvest, until you get dex or all stats roll. You can probably go without if you'll craft dex on rare boots - which is actually my endgame plan, i already crafted one base ready for future cant be frozen/cant be chilled craft.

so i was looking at our skills and since bone armour and immortal call are both guard skills shouldnt we drop one since they share a cooldown and if so what should we swap in?
Would Phantasmal Summon Skeletons be any good for this build?

(Phantasmal Summon Skeletons (0–100)% chance to Summon a Skeleton Archer instead of a Skeleton Warrior)

I can't find anything that says if the skeleton-mage thing would happen with it.
Hey sorry if it's been asked already but... does it matter which element you use for EE? Like, is it okay to use a fire brand and boost cold and lightning damage? I didn't know if fire and cold mages were used for a reason. If a mob runs into your flame dash trail, could they technically get resistant to fire?
"
so i was looking at our skills and since bone armour and immortal call are both guard skills shouldnt we drop one since they share a cooldown and if so what should we swap in?

I like automated guard skills.
Bone Armor cannot be automated, so I use Immortal Call.

If you prefer to self cast your guard skills, use Bone Armor, and drop IC.
"
gduber wrote:
Would Phantasmal Summon Skeletons be any good for this build?

(Phantasmal Summon Skeletons (0–100)% chance to Summon a Skeleton Archer instead of a Skeleton Warrior)

I can't find anything that says if the skeleton-mage thing would happen with it.

You can build around skeleton archers. It would be a different build.

I chose not to go that way for 2 reasons, its an expensive gem early league, and you dont get vaal summon skeleton that way.

I LOVE VSS!
"
reclinemusic wrote:
Hey sorry if it's been asked already but... does it matter which element you use for EE? Like, is it okay to use a fire brand and boost cold and lightning damage? I didn't know if fire and cold mages were used for a reason. If a mob runs into your flame dash trail, could they technically get resistant to fire?

Only HITS proc EE.
So a mob running over a fire trail would not effect EE.

On one level, it does not matter what element you use to proc EE, as long as you only do ONE element of damage.

Cold mage skels do less damage than the fire and lightning ones, so in that sense, it is better to use a cold skill to proc EE.

I choose Storm Brand for how AMAZING it is at generating hits on large groups, for a significant duration.

You can choose what ever you like.
"
Odif wrote:

Only HITS proc EE.
So a mob running over a fire trail would not effect EE.

On one level, it does not matter what element you use to proc EE, as long as you only do ONE element of damage.

Cold mage skels do less damage than the fire and lightning ones, so in that sense, it is better to use a cold skill to proc EE.

I choose Storm Brand for how AMAZING it is at generating hits on large groups, for a significant duration.

You can choose what ever you like.

Appreciate it. I had bad luck with a glove lab enchant that dealt fire damage so I was worried. I replaced it though. I'll be doing storm brand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info