[3.13]❄️44M DPS Ice Shot Barrage Deadeye|League starter|Full Content with Vids|Several variants

I like finding cool items and making a build around them, not sure this qualifies.

Vengeant Cascade
15% increased Projectile Speed
Attack Projectiles Return to you from final Target
Returning Projectiles Pierce all Targets
I've got a thought about how PoB shows DPS, particularly for skills that use chain or barrage. (Please feel free to tell me if I'm way off base here.)

It seems like the DPS shown in PoB is considering only damage done to a single target, up front. It doesn't seem to consider chained projectiles at all. As such, adding chain support always decreases your PoB DPS because of the "less damage" component.

Similarly, adding barrage support will usually massively increase your PoB DPS when added to any multiple projectile build, because it allows all projectiles to hit one target (and that's what PoB cares about).

This sort of makes sense, because bossing DPS is what most people care about and what often bottlenecks lategame progress. That said, if you're concerned at all about increasing your damage for clearing - like you might be when you're struggling in early lategame maps - you might have to look beyond PoB.

If you want to maximize *total* dps for clearing, you might be better served by skipping barrage support in favor of something else that adds more damage... even though PoB will say barrage support adds more damage than alternatives. You might end up doing more *total* damage while clearing if you replace it with something else like added cold. This might be especially attractive because barrage support can feel slow/clunky with the added attack time.

Going without barrage support would be most attractive when you're running two damage gem setups, one in bow and one in body, one for bossing and one for clearing. There's certainly room in this build to do that, if you want; we're currently using the body for a 5L that can easily afford to be a 4L. That said, it also may be irrelevant in endgame when you have so much DPS you only *need* one gem setup to clear and boss effectively.

Am I correctly understanding the way PoB reports with these mechanics? Would it make sense to suggest that barrage support is really only useful if you're running a single ice shot setup for both bossing and clearing?
"
Death opus. The +2 arrows is too big to give up. I have a previous reply, on page 2, which shows how DPS increases. Long story short, 2 arrows are multiplicative, so for Barrage which has 4+1 arrows, 2 extra arrows would mean 40% more damage. For Ice Shot + Barrage which has 3+1 arrows , 2 extra arrows would mean 50% more damage (attenuated by -10% as, but look at the post for the math).

Thanks for your reply. Looking at costs of either, I pretty much break even either way. POB is giving the edge to my crafted bow without the +2 arrows for some reason rather than Death's Opus, not really sure why (granted, all i've done is swap the bow with your pretty well tuned gear, not sure if this would change in a less juiced setup). Do you know if this is something POB just doesn't calculate correctly, or is it just not as true when you have awesome gear (and wouldn't be cheaping out on the bow at that point anyway)?
Am I missing something? I don't see any links for a skill tree.
Hello, i am kinda new to PoE. Why is this build called Iceshot when i only use it to lvl up my char? For Endgame it says barrage instead of iceshot?
Is it only for bosses so i switch the socketed gem, in and out for aoe or boss?Iceshot <-> Barrage?.

In the endgame Gem section u say one goes with div. barrage only no icehsot for aoe. So i ask myself why do we even boost our cold damage so much when we go for a barrage setup? Cant it be any dmg amplifier then?

And can someone explain me the Tornadoshot, is this kind of playstyle for aoe and boss damage? Or do i need a aoe and single target set up aswell with this build?

Thank you for ur help, cheers!
Last edited by FIowed on Jan 22, 2021, 10:53:33 PM
So im a little lost on this build as to where some of the damage comes from for red maps. Im up to awa 5 conquerors but my damage on t14+ is just super lacking even with iceshot/barrage + Farrul's + Opus. And yes i know my hp is bad but that's not my main concern atm

Pastebin for info- https://pastebin.com/krtNxRCW

can any kind strangers give me pointers?
"
So im a little lost on this build as to where some of the damage comes from for red maps. Im up to awa 5 conquerors but my damage on t14+ is just super lacking even with iceshot/barrage + Farrul's + Opus. And yes i know my hp is bad but that's not my main concern atm

Pastebin for info- https://pastebin.com/krtNxRCW

can any kind strangers give me pointers?

I quickly checked only your character page, but it seems you only have Ice shot gem setup? You should use 6L Barrage setup for your singe target damage, and then 5L/6L for your AoE clear Ice shot setup
@nomez15

Yes, Voidfletcher needs to be corrupted. Bow attacks fire an additional arrow is THE ABSOLUTE BEST... but expensive AF. 2nd best option is added cold damage (like the one I Linked). Either way you need to get a corrupted version which removes the pierce.

@Robert2m

There is Path Of Building binary export link. You need to get Path Of Building community fork, install it on your computer then import from pastebin the given link.

@FIowed

Ice shot is used for leveling and clearing. The reason why Barrage gets the edge in the late game is because the damage relies on barrage's and barrage suports feature that arrows from the same skill can hit a target multiple times. Without barrage when you fire 5 arrows at once, only 1 will deal damage to a target. With barrage, each of the 5 will deal damage, leading to a 5x multiplicative addition. Barrage scales way better than barrage support since barrage support has a 5% AS penalty per projectile. This results in huge damage vs bosses (where it's the trickiest). Furthermore, when you get enough dps, Barrage by itself will be sufficient for clearing (and I'm lazy and like to have a single skill. Plus I like leveling 6 gems for the extra $$$ )

As for the ice damage boost, we are having physical to ice conversion nodes on the tree. That's where the ice comes from (+ added cold damage gem).

#Waffl3z0wnu

This seem weird, I think you are missing something. Did you select "All Projectiles" from the PoB main skill drop down ?

@SirMackelSpack

You are missing barrage support! Replace Added Cold damage with barrage support! Without the barrage support you are wasting the 2 extra arrows boost from death opus and the 2 extra arrows from endless munitions!
You don't need added cold damage in iceshot since it's already having enough ice dmg by itself.
Also, where is your chain support ? Just run with Ice Shot -> Damage on full life -> Ele dmg with attacks -> chain support -> barrage support -> Hypothermia/Inspiration support and see how well you start zipping through the map.

Keep in mind that PoB doesn't work well with barrage support unfortunately, so you will have to take the ice shot dps value and do the math yourself.

Have a barrage setup at ready. Durring red maps, for bosses I always switched to barrage + added cold damage and for clearing I always used Ice shot + barrage support. Until you get top notch gear you will be doing that.

Also, a cheap boost would be Taste of Hate. Get that flask, it's amazing both for offence and defense.

"
This seem weird, I think you are missing something. Did you select "All Projectiles" from the PoB main skill drop down ?

Yep just did it again to make sure. Literally just added it again to make sure. With no other changes just the bow, 29m with Opus, 34m with my bow (with multicraft added), 38m with intermediate crafted, 43m with Glyph Barrage, your top-tier bow.

2 extra errors obv makes a huge difference, but mine is just a bit easier to craft ;)

Let me know if I have something off here.
Giving this a shot--definitely enjoy the clear, having no trouble with clear even at T16.

I am however having issues with bossing and surviving. Any obvious changes I should make on my character? (My reses need fixing right now, temporary issue).

https://pastebin.com/4f5p13q7

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info