My daughter is a nurse in the UK and she now has Covid

"
Covid has taught me that if mankind ever faces a serious threat from a pandemic, we're completely fucked as people won't take it seriously.

depends on teh country
last I heard, new zealand whooped covid's fuckin ass
Get the Vaccines out there and give it to all the Nurses and other Health personell which works with the shit everyday. But no, they say, wuhuu, we need to give to the elderly and such first.
And then I say: What is fucking wrong with you?!

But is it enough? No, probably not. Producing Vaccines requires materials, resources, work and money. And when they think they nailed it all, more sick and dead people pops up. And now the Mutated Covid is upon us, which is far worse.

I wonder what kind of Virus will be around next year. Because I think we may have quite a distance left to go, before you can see this as finished.

After the Health personal been vaccined, all the idiots around should be taken care of. THEN all the rest should be taken care of.

And other then that I will cross fingers. And take precautions rather then not.
Nowadays everyone considers himself the most important thing the world has ever had and likes to play drama queen on the social media, because.

For statistics: already had it twice the past year. Yet not a single tweet.

"

They'll have their waves later, when the rest have already been through that and recovered. That's how it works.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 27, 2021, 2:36:22 PM
"
"
Covid has taught me that if mankind ever faces a serious threat from a pandemic, we're completely fucked as people won't take it seriously.

depends on teh country

NZ has a massive geographical advantage though, in addition to being irrelevant on global scale. UK, for example, had far more tourism in 2020 than NZ did in 2018 and 2019 combined.

"
Kundarin wrote:
Get the Vaccines out there and give it to all the Nurses and other Health personell which works with the shit everyday. But no, they say, wuhuu, we need to give to the elderly and such first.
And then I say: What is fucking wrong with you?!

Umm, health care personnel are a top priority for vaccination.
"

NZ has a massive geographical advantage though, in addition to being irrelevant on global scale. UK, for example, had far more tourism in 2020 than NZ did in 2018 and 2019 combined.

imagine telling 4 million people that they're completely irrelevant based solely on the country that they were born in
The problem with focusing solely on healthcare personnel is based on the erroneous idea that they are the front-line against the virus.

Nope

We are. You and I, going about our daily business, interacting with others, are the frontlines.

The health sector is the last safety net. The ICU is the last resort, not where we want the battle to be fought.

Because vaccines do require time, resources, work, and money to make, they are rationed.

Obviously, healthcare workers come into contact with virus a lot more frequently than the lay person, and because PPE is also rationed, it makes sense to immunize the health sector. Even though y may point out they are primarily healthy young people.

Old people are most likely to die all other things being equal - age > 80 is the #1 determinant of mortality. They are also at higher risk of catching the virus thanks to many seniors requiring assistance with a variety of daily activities, from shopping (contact with couriers and delivery persons) to bathing, showering, and living assistance (contact with health workers who already have a massive exposure/carrier risk).

Basically two major groups who cannot self-isolate and practice social distancing, one because it's their professional responsibility to treat sick people, and one because they require contact with others to live safely and with dignity.

A few other exceptions - primary family member caretakers living with vulnerable people; essential workers for ensuring food, water, electricity, and transit/comms; sanitation workers and of course, workers who make PPE and vaccines.

The rest of us are considered low-priority because we can theoretically choose to stay away from sick people (in reality, people gotta work and pay bills without much protection from covid because our society doesn't have a strong grasp of acceptable risk and statistics). As such we can theoretically stop the virus from reaching our health systems entirely just by staying away from other people.

Part of the consensus-favoured pandemic preparedness plan put forth by the CDC/NIAID in 2018 and abandoned, was ensuring every school age kid had a phone or laptop at home to attend virtual class in place, and every worker had access to online work opportunities if their service job ended due to business closures. Short of universal basic income to replace lost wages, this would have allowed many places to skip the second wave or mitigate it, remove pressure from rationed vaccines, and perhaps longer-term break the cycle of lockdowns/reopens/surges.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
No, it doesn't matter whether healthcare is the first or the last line of defense, it's the most important one. We can lockdown the world, but we can't lockdown hospitals. HC workers being 'primarily healthy young people' is completely irrelevant as well; the nightmare scenario, after all, would be a symptomless super spreader within health care personnel.

To be brutally honest about it, in the big picture it matters more to "stop health care personnel from spreading the virus" than to "prevent health care personnel from catching the virus". It just happens that the former is most efficiently achieved through the latter. And it sounds nicer too.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

all in all, YOU are responsible for your own health.

The world is not turning around single individuals. If you go to the store, interact with cashier then you are two individual connected by millions of particles. If cashier decide to caugh in your direction good luck avoid the spray even if she and you wear mask.

Bottom line is the YOU in your sentence is wrong. It is a collective effort.

in your example of a cashier coughing. does that justify that everyone with a cough be forbidden to go outside near anyone?
or is everyone that makes the decision to go outside making a decision in the face of all risks, regardless of what you think is a risk.

you go to a store/cashier knowing someone could cough. this is without assuming every single fucking cough in the world is related or caused by covid-19, because obviously it isn't.
but my point is you are taking the risk going outside. this is life. this is the world. it isn't anyone elses responsibility to change their lives and livelihood around your fears or sensitivities.
you think people that are allergic to things are asking everyone else in the world not to have/carry/participate or whatever the specific things they're allergic to? absolutely not. that would be absurd.

my wife is allergic to canola. you think we're protesting and trying to get every canola field shut down? no...that isn't how it works. your fear, your health, is your responsibility. if you think wearing a mask helps, then by all means wear a mask. there are exemptions, people that CANNOT wear a mask...you cannot FORCE everyone in the world to wear a mask because you're afraid. if you're that afraid, then you don't go outside. you cannot demand everyone else stay inside.

everyone already knows if you're sick you stay home. this has been a thing for generations im sure. since majority of the time when you're sick you're not well enough to do anything anyway.
at this point we're treating every single healthy human being like a biological weapon and i don't think its justified. its fucking disgusting how we're treating every other human being.
one year ago we were way more civilized. now? we're just finger pointers. screaming that someone that sneezed (due to any number of reasons) is some mass murderer.

and nothing about my previous post was "disinformation". its all very much official information.

but besides all that, as i said before, i hope your daughter recovers. getting proper treatment however demands an understanding of not just the illness, but what caused it to begin with.
something the medical community drastically lacks now-a-days

Fully agreed on that.
First I thought wearing a mask should protect yourself.
Then I found out that it should protect others if you are sick.
If you are sick, you should be at home anyways. (Yes ofc you can be contagious, but you would wear a mask anyway)
Its just genius to turn that around and make you the guilty. Now its a rule that manifests itself because you don't want to harm other people.

Like you said before. It's your choice and responsabilty to stay healthy.

I hope your daughter recovers well.

Stay healthy
Last edited by TheDeathX on Mar 8, 2021, 1:24:51 PM
Really? Staying at home when sick? Who does this, or rather who did this before Covid-19. Doesn't matter if you have a flu or something - you go to work or someone else takes your job.
Last edited by madermax2 on Mar 8, 2021, 5:03:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info