My daughter is a nurse in the UK and she now has Covid

Meticulous use of PPE did not stop her getting infected.

This is her public post from Facebook:

"Anyone on my friends who thinks Covid isn’t real or won’t wear a mask or doesn’t believe in restrictions, please take a long walk off a short pier and remove yourself from my friends list. I’m currently laid up in bed with it. I’m pretty healthy no underlying conditions etc. I feel like crap. And I believe I have it mildly. The headaches are horrible. The cough is awful. Not being able to hug my children is horrible. Despite what you might think you know, hospitals are inundated. We as NHS workers are suffering and struggling through staff sickness. Give us a fucking break! You want to be idiots, be idiots. Don’t bother coming to look for help when you realise you’re sick and you should’ve listened".

Needless to say, I am worried sick. I live in Australia and cannot currently travel.

Please folks, take Covid seriously and take all precautions. It is no joke.

😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2021, 6:09:58 AM
"
xjjanie wrote:
Meticulous use of PPE did not stop her getting infected.

This is her public post from Facebook:

"Anyone on my friends who thinks Covid isn’t real or won’t wear a mask or doesn’t believe in restrictions, please take a long walk off a short pier and remove yourself from my friends list. I’m currently laid up in bed with it. I’m pretty healthy no underlying conditions etc. I feel like crap. And I believe I have it mildly. The headaches are horrible. The cough is awful. Not being able to hug my children is horrible. Despite what you might think you know, hospitals are inundated. We as NHS workers are suffering and struggling through staff sickness. Give us a fucking break! You want to be idiots, be idiots. Don’t bother coming to look for help when you realise you’re sick and you should’ve listened".

Needless to say, I am worried sick. I live in Australia and cannot currently travel.

Please folks, take Covid seriously and take all precautions. It is no joke.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope she recovers well :c
I hope your daughter gets better.

My dentist and my landlord were both taken by Covid in 2020.
One of my clients has had to sell his business after he caught it as the long term effects have kept him from working.

This is a real thing, people, do your part.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
anyone that gets ill is never a good thing...but give me a break.
"You want to be idiots, be idiots. Don’t bother coming to look for help when you realise you’re sick and you should’ve listened"
insinuating anyone that doesn't adhere to every single protocol is an idiot, even though majority are logically ridiculous and the initial authorities cannot even agree with themselves let alone others.

first off, you said it yourself...all the PPE won't stop you getting "infected". you think a mask will filter out a 1 millionth of an inch virus? give me a break
you think a virus lives in your "moisture droplets"? give me a break.

how does she know she has covid and it isn't some other illness? because of a PCR test? the same test that the inventor Kary Mullis who won the nobel price stated it cannot be used for diagnostic purposes? the same test the FDA and CDC also said cannot be used for diagnostic purposes? the same test that tests a can of coke and other such things as positive? give me a break

far as i can see the people who think "covid isn't real" are not saying people are not getting sick, but sickness is drastically misunderstood.

all in all, YOU are responsible for your own health. if you want to live in a bubble because you're afraid of what can make you ill, then you do it. but you cannot force others to do so. this is the main point.

you're right, it isn't a joke. your daughter is ill...potentially severely so. i hope she gets the appropriate treatment for her health and wellness.
but we've abandoned that for fairy tales, these days
"
xMustard wrote:

all in all, YOU are responsible for your own health.

The world is not turning around single individuals. If you go to the store, interact with cashier then you are two individual connected by millions of particles. If cashier decide to caugh in your direction good luck avoid the spray even if she and you wear mask.

Bottom line is the YOU in your sentence is wrong. It is a collective effort.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 7, 2021, 1:42:26 PM
Mustard still blabbing disinformation.

@ xjjanie, Best wishes and healing for your heroic daughter. 💗
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Jan 7, 2021, 1:59:32 PM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

all in all, YOU are responsible for your own health.

The world is not turning around single individuals. If you go to the store, interact with cashier then you are two individual connected by millions of particles. If cashier decide to caugh in your direction good luck avoid the spray even if she and you wear mask.

Bottom line is the YOU in your sentence is wrong. It is a collective effort.

in your example of a cashier coughing. does that justify that everyone with a cough be forbidden to go outside near anyone?
or is everyone that makes the decision to go outside making a decision in the face of all risks, regardless of what you think is a risk.

you go to a store/cashier knowing someone could cough. this is without assuming every single fucking cough in the world is related or caused by covid-19, because obviously it isn't.
but my point is you are taking the risk going outside. this is life. this is the world. it isn't anyone elses responsibility to change their lives and livelihood around your fears or sensitivities.
you think people that are allergic to things are asking everyone else in the world not to have/carry/participate or whatever the specific things they're allergic to? absolutely not. that would be absurd.

my wife is allergic to canola. you think we're protesting and trying to get every canola field shut down? no...that isn't how it works. your fear, your health, is your responsibility. if you think wearing a mask helps, then by all means wear a mask. there are exemptions, people that CANNOT wear a mask...you cannot FORCE everyone in the world to wear a mask because you're afraid. if you're that afraid, then you don't go outside. you cannot demand everyone else stay inside.

everyone already knows if you're sick you stay home. this has been a thing for generations im sure. since majority of the time when you're sick you're not well enough to do anything anyway.
at this point we're treating every single healthy human being like a biological weapon and i don't think its justified. its fucking disgusting how we're treating every other human being.
one year ago we were way more civilized. now? we're just finger pointers. screaming that someone that sneezed (due to any number of reasons) is some mass murderer.

and nothing about my previous post was "disinformation". its all very much official information.

but besides all that, as i said before, i hope your daughter recovers. getting proper treatment however demands an understanding of not just the illness, but what caused it to begin with.
something the medical community drastically lacks now-a-days
"
xMustard wrote:
anyone that gets ill is never a good thing...but give me a break.
"You want to be idiots, be idiots. Don’t bother coming to look for help when you realise you’re sick and you should’ve listened"
insinuating anyone that doesn't adhere to every single protocol is an idiot, even though majority are logically ridiculous and the initial authorities cannot even agree with themselves let alone others.

Why are you like this?

There's a time and place to argue, and this is clearly not it. Please read the room.
"
Why are you like this?

There's a time and place to argue, and this is clearly not it. Please read the room.

why? because i do read it. perhaps too well. things like that facebook post is a trojan horse. a message conveyed in a way or topic as not to be challenged, even though that message is wrong.

like "oh i say/believe/propose this thing which is clearly wrong, but don't question or challenge it because woe is me and you don't want to be labelled an insensitive 'ist' of sorts"

i see it all too well, because it happens all the time. on both "sides". way too much.
the point is people need to be treated with respect. all people. regardless of their beliefs. regardless of their side. regardless if you agree or disagree. people are what matter.

things need to stop being so polarized.
It's certainly no great mystery why COVID is completely out of control in some places while being fully under control or at least manageable in others.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info