[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

i am still not sure if a replica duskdawn will be rly better than a martyr at this point after the buff. i also just crafted this ring for me now.

Next thing to follow will be my helmet. I faced a wall today. The 4 breachlords for maven was not possible for me to clear as they are so overtuned. Guardians elde guardians and synthesis bosses are a joke in comparison to those 4
Last edited by reggie_gakil on Jan 21, 2021, 7:02:51 PM
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
i am still not sure if a replica duskdawn will be rly better than a martyr at this point after the buff. i also just crafted this ring for me now.

Next thing to follow will be my helmet.

Ok so I can put this into numbers if that helps :P

With Martyr of Innocence:
Cyclone Crit Chance: 89.2%
With Diamond Flask: 98.83%
VD Damage: 122k
Attack Speed: 13.56 (6.78 VD procs per second)

With Rep DD:
Cyclone Crit Chance: 100%
With Diamond Flask...still 100%
VD Damage: 118k
Attack Speed: 14.74 (7/37 VD procs per second)

With Rep DD after changing inc crit support to other damage support (Hypothermia in this case)
Cyclone Crit Chance: 91.67%
With Diamond Flask: 99.31%
VD Damage: 142k

keep in mind this is without Crit Cinderswallow or Bottled Faith checked. It is effectively unlfasked crit and damage numbers.

These numbers do assume:
3 power charges
Enemy on Consecrated ground

If you remove those the difference in crit grows even more. That said, an attack crit chest would help close the gap between the two items and Hotheaded Jewel can help provide some attack and movement speed to fill that gap as well.

Bottom line though: Replica DD will still outperform Martyr in the long run. But this is definitely very end game and not needed to do everything in the game.
I'm currently having 70% atk block chance if bone offering is up, and can go up to 74% if i'm using perfect roll atk block replica reckless defense, am i missing something?

And i expect to have lower block if i get thread of hope and place it in the bottom left since i have to respect some block nodes?
Hmm ok i Was just fooling around in pob although i get way higher dmg numbers on volatile dead i guess the crit chance and little bit more as are better in the long run i think hmm
"
whitewing789 wrote:
I'm currently having 70% atk block chance if bone offering is up, and can go up to 74% if i'm using perfect roll atk block replica reckless defense, am i missing something?

And i expect to have lower block if i get thread of hope and place it in the bottom left since i have to respect some block nodes?

If you get an offering effect chest you'll cap attack block easily.
The other thing to remember about Rep DD is that it scales corpse explosion damage way more than Martyr ever will. While the PoB damage for VD spell might be higher with Martyr, the combination will not.
All in all, Rep DD came out on top in all my PoB simulations. (albeit not by a huge margin, but the QoL from the high base crit makes it even better)
what's more important on the Replica DD:

Increased Crit Strike Chance? or
Gain x% of Ele Damage as Chaos dmg?
Hey Gryph,

I'm currently planning what influences to use on my future belt. Right now I'm thinking of going for a Hunter base for the "Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike" and "% Increased maximum Life". Second influence could be Elder or Warlord for the All res suffix, but I'm not sure if I need that. Another option would be to go Warlord for the "added Fire Damage against burning Enemies" and Elder/Hunter for the % maximum Life. I kind of like the "Gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike" more, because it will let us use our flasks permanently in boss fights, which is huge in my opinion. Or do I overestimate the Flask Charge gain and we won't get that many charges?

What do you think?
Just wanna say thanks for the build I'm loving it. I totally melt everything, survivability has been a small issue (get one shot once in a while) but adding an immortal call into the CWDT chain is helping with that A LOT. Thanks again! This build is a blast I just wish I could find some more fps somewhere Q__Q
Hi Gryph,

I had asked earlier but I guess you didn't notice: I still manage to kill myself on physical reflect maps. Taking Avatar of Fire fixed that. Is there a reason other than the slight loss of small physical and lightning damage that you don't take Avatar of Fire? What can I do to ensure I don't blow myself up when I go into a large pack and my wave of conviction procs? ES on hit watcher's eye is out of the question for now since it's so expensive.

Really enjoying the build so far though!

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info