[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Both
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
Both

interms of FPS? or visiability? can you give me a ballpark improvement number or FPS please? Dont want to spend $15 on nothing
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
Both

interms of FPS? or visiability? can you give me a ballpark improvement number or FPS please? Dont want to spend $15 on nothing

I can't speak specifically to FPS, but...

Stygian doesn't hurt my eyes to looks at. Lmao

Void is basically invisible (don't have it myself though)
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
Both

I can't speak specifically to FPS, but...

Stygian doesn't hurt my eyes to looks at. Lmao

Void is basically invisible (don't have it myself though)

Am using void desecrate and void VD, it's really pretty much invisible... takes some time to get used to, half the time I don't even know where my VD balls are heading and I didn't actually have to unknowingly follow them to clear out mobs.
Some thoughts on the passive tree:

I've currently taken heart of flame. It gives pretty good damage per point, and some es leech (although I doubt that'll matter very much once I have an es on hit watchers eye). I'm not sure if the point cost to get it will be too prohibitive on taking life/es nodes though.

Arcane focus seems like very solid ehp per point.

I couldn't fit in flesh and stone and still be able to cast flame dash with my gear, so I put intuitive leap in the witch jewel slot, and spent the net 2 passive points you gain on Prodigal Perfection and Discord Artisan. This freed up enough mana to use flame dash.

However, the above creates issues fitting in watcher's eye if you go for replica reckless defense. It means you have to spend quite a few points pathing to another jewel socket (probably the shadow one, since it gives some much needed dex), however one thing I was consdering is going for a second set of clusters jewels instead of going into the shadow area, which would allow easy access to a jewel socket for watchers eye whilst keeping intuitive leap. Thoughts on this?

Finally, what do you think about life vs es for small cluster? With doryani's jewel it makes sense to me to keep the values as close as possible, but since our es is a lot lower than our life the % increase would probably be more effective on life?
"
Steeperm8 wrote:

I've currently taken heart of flame. It gives pretty good damage per point, and some es leech (although I doubt that'll matter very much once I have an es on hit watchers eye). I'm not sure if the point cost to get it will be too prohibitive on taking life/es nodes though.

I couldn't fit in flesh and stone and still be able to cast flame dash with my gear, so I put intuitive leap in the witch jewel slot, and spent the net 2 passive points you gain on Prodigal Perfection and Discord Artisan. This freed up enough mana to use flame dash.

However, the above creates issues fitting in watcher's eye if you go for replica reckless defense. It means you have to spend quite a few points pathing to another jewel socket (probably the shadow one, since it gives some much needed dex), however one thing I was consdering is going for a second set of clusters jewels instead of going into the shadow area, which would allow easy access to a jewel socket for watchers eye whilst keeping intuitive leap. Thoughts on this?

Finally, what do you think about life vs es for small cluster? With doryani's jewel it makes sense to me to keep the values as close as possible, but since our es is a lot lower than our life the % increase would probably be more effective on life?

I actually had a lot of these thoughts initially. Intuitive leap looks really good in the witch slot...until you realize you don't have enough jewel sockets to run all of the unique jewels that we want to.

As for a second cluster, while this build *desperately* wants one, I just can't justify skipping the shadow side of the tree to do so. I always ended up on less damage/life when I was trying this myself.

Also, regarding scaling life vs ES

Life will *always* be better than ES for us because 30% of life that we get is added as extra ES. Basically % increases to ES are far less effective than life nodes. Arcane Focus is really not that great for total eHP. Life nodes are always better. Same thing regarding ES small clusters, you are better off with life as it's scaling both.

That said, regarding life+ES, you just need to make sure life is greater than ES for Corrupted Soul considerations.
Eye of innocence officially 20-30C!

I finally hit T6 maps. I feel like im playing a lot but it's taking FOREVER to hit red maps. I also didn't realize Mavens invitation was off for like 20-30 maps. Very annoying.

Do you guys go straight for red maps or try for map completion of lower tiers 1st?

Also, I'm not having any problems with survivability yet. But I'm definitely rocking a granite flask 100% of the time.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Steeperm8 wrote:

I actually had a lot of these thoughts initially. Intuitive leap looks really good in the witch slot...until you realize you don't have enough jewel sockets to run all of the unique jewels that we want to.

As for a second cluster, while this build *desperately* wants one, I just can't justify skipping the shadow side of the tree to do so. I always ended up on less damage/life when I was trying this myself.

Also, regarding scaling life vs ES

Life will *always* be better than ES for us because 30% of life that we get is added as extra ES. Basically % increases to ES are far less effective than life nodes. Arcane Focus is really not that great for total eHP. Life nodes are always better. Same thing regarding ES small clusters, you are better off with life as it's scaling both.

That said, regarding life+ES, you just need to make sure life is greater than ES for Corrupted Soul considerations.

Makes sense. I realised I'd forgotten about the % life as ES on the doryani jewel and chest until about 5 minutes after I made the post, so figures that life is better overall.
Having a blast with the build, cleaning up t14-15 maps atm without a problem. Picked up a regular Duskdawn and Martyr of Innocence both and Duskdawn feels much better to me, seems clear is quite a lot more fluid.

Timeless jewels are finally coming down in price some but doesn't seem like a worthwhile purchase until I can buy in tandem with a watchers to get ES on hit.

I seen someone (Maybe you) earlier mention that culling strike could be leveled up along with combustion, I see in your current build you have leveled it up but the POB shows level 1, in case you didn't see that.

Last edited by CheshuR on Jan 21, 2021, 5:46:10 PM
"
CheshuR wrote:
Having a blast with the build, cleaning up t14-15 maps atm without a problem. Picked up a regular Duskdawn and Martyr of Innocence both and Duskdawn feels much better to me, seems clear is quite a lot more fluid.

Timeless jewels are finally coming down in price some but doesn't seem like a worthwhile purchase until I can buy in tandem with a watchers to get ES on hit.

I seen someone (Maybe you) earlier mention that culling strike could be leveled up along with combustion, I see in your current build you have leveled it up but the POB shows level 1, in case you didn't see that.

level on culling strike doesn't matter at all.

And as for GLorious Vanity, you can combine it with

This is what I'm doing right now as I don't have ES on hit Watcher's Eye and it feels pretty good actually. COmbine that with Cinderswallow (or ES on kill of some kind) and you'll be topped off on ES pretty much constantly.

Regular DD has more base crit than Martyr and higher APS, so that doesn't actually surprise me. It is significantly less Volatile Damage though so I think it balances out. An Attack crit chest would like do wonders for making the build feel better pre Rep DD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info