[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Good day to you sir. I have a question and feel stupid little bit. I purchased almost identical gear as you have here in the guide and also followed precisely your skill tree.

Where do we get elemental resistances? All of the mine sit at around 46% each. In your level 100 POB you have them around 90% each. Do I miss anything? My ascendancy is also the same as yours.

How do we get them to 90?

Thanks
"
pakkomeister wrote:
Good day to you sir. I have a question and feel stupid little bit. I purchased almost identical gear as you have here in the guide and also followed precisely your skill tree.

Where do we get elemental resistances? All of the mine sit at around 46% each. In your level 100 POB you have them around 90% each. Do I miss anything? My ascendancy is also the same as yours.

How do we get them to 90?

Thanks

The short answer is:
I ran around with about 50% ele res. But we have Endurance Charges for another +16% and I also used Oriath's End for explodey, but that is also a Bismuth with huge duration giving me +35%.

75% of the damage we take from elemental hits is taken as chaos anyways, so some downtime on res isn't a big deal (in mapping the Oriath Flask is *always* up)

You could swap the elemental mastery for +15% all res if it makes you feel better though.
Hi, Gryph. Do you think the build is stronger in 3.21? is Saboteur better for this build now? I am planning to league start it.
"
Trovarst wrote:
Hi, Gryph. Do you think the build is stronger in 3.21? is Saboteur better for this build now? I am planning to league start it.

Honestly, not sure if Sabo does much for this other than CDR. The trigger bots don't seem *great* because of the corpse limit on generated corpses from Desecrate.

That said, if you did Detonate Dead (typically caps at 7ish explosions per proc) the trigger bots would be much stronger for that.

But you're missing out on Block, AOE, attack speed, damage reduction, and free shock+chill for something new and shiny, but probably not the best *here*

What I think would be really cool would be Bow CoC (7L bow) with Asenath's helmet. The 30 CDR makes up for not having Awakened CoC so you can reach the 52% really easily still and go HAM. Might be better on Trickster or Assassin and use the Forbidden jewels for the CDR though. Not convinced that the bots are insane yet.
so did this build get nerfed in any way and is the necro still the best for this build?
"
thxmaster wrote:
so did this build get nerfed in any way and is the necro still the best for this build?

Necro is still OP.
If you're going the Divine Flesh route, we got access to some sick masteries from the AR/ES wheels.
10% of phys taken as chaos for example.

The Mana Reservation mana mastery is a pretty big boon as well since we didn't really take any of the reservation masteries prior. So, pre-unnatural instinct we would take Mystic Bulwark for the spell block anyways and now it has a VERY good mastery to allocate with it.
Gryph, will you be posting an updated 3.21 POB? i would like to play this at league start/re-roll into it asap
Glad this got resurrected since i played it many leagues ago, I'll be lookin to roll back into this at some point in 3.21 once I get some currency with my starter
I just rolled into this build yesterday. And yes it feels good to be back äm yes its fucking expensive and it took me a whole week of non stop sim running but its worth

Edit: Oh yeah totally forgot

the tree is pretty awesome as you can get 20% cdr on the staff alone. Which is nice as im using Mageblood
Last edited by reggie_gakil on Apr 17, 2023, 4:28:25 AM
"
reggie_gakil wrote:
I just rolled into this build yesterday. And yes it feels good to be back äm yes its fucking expensive and it took me a whole week of non stop sim running but its worth

Edit: Oh yeah totally forgot

the tree is pretty awesome as you can get 20% cdr on the staff alone. Which is nice as im using Mageblood

Heck yeah! I'm glad it's getting some use as this is such a fun build to *play*

Staff tree getting CDR is *chef's kiss*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info