[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Loving the build but it'd be nice if you added a list of upgrades to the gear in order of importance
hello so i would like to ask some help were should i improve my gear etc
i see that im not crit a lot and getting stun a lot as well
if u can give some tips i appreciate
"
"
Sonnyyx wrote:
Loving the build but it'd be nice if you added a list of upgrades to the gear in order of importance

Well, it more or less goes like this in order of priority:

0)Ngamahu's Sign for life recovery
1) A 6L 4G2B (Tabula or rare)
2a) A staff with crit chance and damage mod or two. A rare self found is totally fine.
2b) A Martyr of Innocence bc it'll carry you all the way to the endgame and beyond.
3)Eye of Innocence
4)Self ignite package (Medium Cluster+other uniques)
5)Thread of Hope
6)Large Cluster Jewel
7) *good* (influenced) rare chest
8) Watcher's Eye

something like that I think. Always make sure you have as close to 100% hit chance as well, so prioritize accuracy on helmet+gloves+ring if you can
"
Gattringer wrote:
hello so i would like to ask some help were should i improve my gear etc
i see that im not crit a lot and getting stun a lot as well
if u can give some tips i appreciate
"

I would replace ironheart with Ngamahu's Sign for easy life recovery.

make sure you're using a diamond flask and have all of your staff crit nodes.

Oskarms for Assassin's mark on hit as a budget pair of gloves is also a good idea.

Just those things should help you take off with the build.

Also, a side note:

Zealotry is probably better than anger early on because of the consecrated ground it produces for extra crit chance. Later you can decide based on watcher's eye.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 17, 2021, 1:12:46 PM
I started with this build but I've found is really hard to hit 100% crit chance and you die a lot spinning in the middle of packs.

I won't recommend it as a league starter.
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Zealotry is probably better than anger early on because of the consecrated ground it produces for extra crit chance. Later you can decide based on watcher's eye.
Jeah it is. I struggled on red maps a bit until i capped accuracy and attack crit. Zealotry helps a lot with that. I also speccted into Dire Tornment on the tree for a bit more crit chance and got some normal jewels with global accuracy and crit.

Managed to kill Maven 10 boss encounter now and farming t14-16 maps pretty smooth. The only real problem were maps that had Sirus minions on it. THey pretty much one shottet me every time i had them on my screen. They seem to be a bit OP currently.
Last edited by shokilicious on Jan 17, 2021, 1:52:23 PM
"
muzzol wrote:
I started with this build but I've found is really hard to hit 100% crit chance and you die a lot spinning in the middle of packs.

I won't recommend it as a league starter.

It would serve you well to have Ngamahu's Sign for life recovery. Would probably help you not die while spinning into packs Cuz yeah, no life recovery will lead to death. :D

They're also cheap as dirt.

Don't need 100% crit, need roughly 60% in hideout (no charges etc...) and a diamond flask.

Add to that Zealotry for consecrated ground which adds 100% crit chance, Oskarm (cheap source of Assmark on hit), and some accuracy and the build will feel 10x better.

CWDT+Immortal Call also good bc we generate endurance charges.

Build is a great league starter so long as you set up the layers right. :P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

It would serve you well to have Ngamahu's Sign for life recovery. Would probably help you not die while spinning into packs Cuz yeah, no life recovery will lead to death. :D

Don't need 100% crit, need roughly 60% in hideout (no charges etc...) and a diamond flask.

Add to that Zealotry for consecrated ground which adds 100% crit chance, Oskarm (cheap source of Assmark on hit), and some accuracy and the build will feel 10x better.

I guess you taked a look at my character, but I was already respecting and Ngamahu was in my stash.

I'll put this build on pause until I get more currency.
ara va de bo, que de bo va!
"
muzzol wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I guess you taked a look at my character, but I was already respecting and Ngamahu was in my stash.

I'll put this build on pause until I get more currency.

haha yes of course :P

my first instinct is to review and fix the issues when people are struggling with something. Especially since a lot of players are doing really well with it.

That said, it's not a bad idea to wait for the market to have more eye of innocence in it as that really is what makes the build really shine defensively.
Hi,

I love the build.
I have two questions:

Why do we keep culling strike at lvl 1? It is a support gem so it could level to 20 and still be useful, right? Or am I missing something?

I'd like to use immortal call to be more tanky. Would it be wise to replace bone offerings in the cwdt setup for IC? I do not really understand why we use bone offerings. What does it actually do for this build? Alternative is ditch smoke mine and arcane surge. What do you advice?
Last edited by jlo072 on Jan 17, 2021, 5:11:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info