[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Ohhhh! So 135 - 30 (Act V) - 30 (Act X) = 75. Ok that makes sense.

So I'm assuming we just need the standard 75 as per above? Or are we talking going over that amount in this case? Like for map mods, and so on?

"
Sumidian wrote:
Ohhhh! So 135 - 30 (Act V) - 30 (Act X) = 75. Ok that makes sense.

So I'm assuming we just need the standard 75 as per above? Or are we talking going over that amount in this case? Like for map mods, and so on?

75 is the limit unless you get something that gives to + to max resists.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
I apologize if this has been asked before, and this is a sincere question, not a troll post.

I watched the videos and they all look very cool, but it seems like even with the +2 corruption helm (one listed for 8X right now) the damage per totem is around 1 million.

What are the advantages of this versus other totem builds, like arc or divine ire? Is it safer due to blind/taunt (versus the MOM/arcane cloak of other builds)?

It seems like spell totems can do more damage, but this build is strong enough to do content but looks very cool doing it :D I always go "pewpewpewpewpew" in my head when I watch elemental hits XD
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jun 7, 2021, 2:31:00 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I apologize if this has been asked before, and this is a sincere question, not a troll post.

I watched the videos and they all look very cool, but it seems like even with the +2 corruption helm (one listed for 8X right now) the damage per totem is around 1 million.

What are the advantages of this versus other totem builds, like arc or divine ire? Is it safer due to blind/taunt (versus the MOM/arcane cloak of other builds)?

It seems like spell totems can do more damage, but this build is strong enough to do content but looks very cool doing it :D I always go "pewpewpewpewpew" in my head when I watch elemental hits XD

Hi!

I have played totem builds for 6 years now. Everything from Flame Totem (that's what it was called 6 years ago) to Spell Totems to Ballista Support Totems.

They are all good & have their own playstyle. For the most part, it is based on preference or currency.

For some reason in this league, everything is really expensive. Maybe a bad start to the league, maybe fewer people playing. Usually, a +2 corruption by now is around 4ex.

I am guessing your comment is based on Spell Items being cheaper than Attack Items?

The best thing about this build is that a 2ex investment at the start of a league will get me to T16 maps. After that, I upgrade as needed. While the video's show top gear & every mob melting in seconds, you can accomplish the same with lower gear. It just takes longer. On my youtube channel, there are a lot of videos for this league with sub-standard gear still killing everything.

Sirus 9 with ok gear

Thank you for your comment. So this build has a better cost/performance ratio than a standard soul mantle/veil/spell build, but spell builds can max out higher?

Which do you think is more tanky?
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jun 7, 2021, 4:35:40 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Thank you for your comment. So this build has a better cost/performance ratio than a standard soul mantle/veil/spell build, but spell builds can max out higher?

Which do you think is more tanky?

I do not think I would classify any of them as tanky.

The EH build is based on evasion so you pray they miss a lot although I do convert my evasion to armour so I can be a little tanky. The videos you see are all with armour conversion (Iron Reflexes). I can usually mitigate 50% damage.

For Soul Mantle or other spell builds, they are usually built around MoM. Mind you, I have not played a spell totem build in a year+ now.
OK thanks. I think I want to try it just for the pewpewpewpewpew effect XD
Another question please. Why does adding Point Blank not change DPS at all in POB? Shouldn't it apply to projects if the totems are near the enemy?

EDIT: The guide talked about using Point Blank. I had to set the "Projectile travel distance" to a low number to get the benefit. Definitely taking this for one point!
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jun 8, 2021, 11:20:53 PM
Hello maybe im missing this but

Is this HC viable? Thanks
"
shoichi91 wrote:
Hello maybe im missing this but

Is this HC viable? Thanks

Hi!
Not in my opinion, The build is good but I do not think you can play it in HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info