[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Thinking about trying this as an MF char with sadimas, goldwyrm, and ventors. Any thoughts on modifications to make that work better?
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

There is something to be said about the fun of the machine gun totems though ;) but joking aside, I did consider the thicket bows, and going for a blizzard crown. I might still do it if there is time left in the league to get what I want on the gear. And indeed, prices seems to be lower now than when last I checked, on a lot of stuff actually.

Nope, fire exposure from Archdemon Crown and Corrosive Elements does not stack.

You have to use a Warlord Helmet with "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance"

"
Since it is a debuff, multiple applications of the same exposure do not stack, only the largest value is applied.

Oh, I think you misunderstand. I was thinking the blizzard crown with flat added cold damage, not the exposure helmet, since I of course already have the exposure from cluster :)

I bought this base that I am rolling on to see what I end up with (nearby enemies and crit multi and increased damage all good contenders):

"
kikeuy wrote:
What can i say , to me is the exact opposite, with divergent i barely see the extra range.
All eh totems build showcase i saw doing endgame bosses put totems right on top of bosses and use Point blank which as I said it makes absolutely no sense to swap normal ballista for divergent.
It works? sure , eh is THAT powerful that making nonsense decisions like those you still get away with it but doens't change that is not optimal at all ,since is worse and on top of that is more expensive.

If all you do is end game bosses, sure, go for regular one, no doubt. :)

I don't only do endgame bosses though. I map, delve, do simulacrums, do bosses and all other cool stuff. And I loath gem swapping. In that light the 120ms placement bonus speed is irrelevant for my play style when boss animations are longer :P

If on the other hand it had more damage, I would have agreed with you. Maybe phantasmal would do something cool?
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Mar 22, 2021, 4:27:35 PM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:

There is something to be said about the fun of the machine gun totems though ;) but joking aside, I did consider the thicket bows, and going for a blizzard crown. I might still do it if there is time left in the league to get what I want on the gear. And indeed, prices seems to be lower now than when last I checked, on a lot of stuff actually.

Nope, fire exposure from Archdemon Crown and Corrosive Elements does not stack.

You have to use a Warlord Helmet with "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance"

"
Since it is a debuff, multiple applications of the same exposure do not stack, only the largest value is applied.

Oh, I think you misunderstand. I was thinking the blizzard crown with flat added cold damage, not the exposure helmet, since I of course already have the exposure from cluster :)

I bought this base that I am rolling on to see what I end up with (nearby enemies and crit multi and increased damage all good contenders):

"
kikeuy wrote:
What can i say , to me is the exact opposite, with divergent i barely see the extra range.
All eh totems build showcase i saw doing endgame bosses put totems right on top of bosses and use Point blank which as I said it makes absolutely no sense to swap normal ballista for divergent.
It works? sure , eh is THAT powerful that making nonsense decisions like those you still get away with it but doens't change that is not optimal at all ,since is worse and on top of that is more expensive.

If all you do is end game bosses, sure, go for regular one, no doubt. :)

I don't only do endgame bosses though. I map, delve, do simulacrums, do bosses and all other cool stuff. And I loath gem swapping. In that light the 120ms placement bonus speed is irrelevant for my play style when boss animations are longer :P

If on the other hand it had more damage, I would have agreed with you. Maybe phantasmal would do something cool?

I do all these cool things too, that doesnt change the point.
How many totems do you place each map? how many maps you run each session? each league? You save a lot of time too on clearing maps and all the other cool stuff in the end.
You can do and probably will do whatever you want , look at my auras , im using normal Precision instead of divergent. Does it work? of course , i killed everything i fight against, but that doesnt mean its an optimal choice , i should use divergent , even anomalous is better.
Another example is the famous wall of shame that every league someone post on reddit about EH users with Atziri promise flask. Does it work? probably , they get chaos resistances out of it. Is it optimal? clearly no, if they want the resistance they should use a normal amethyst flask and get some useful affixes , if they want the damage they are completely wrong.

Im making this point because if someone new to the build see a recommendation on taking divergent ballista or even upgrading to 21 or 21/23 maybe they will pursue that without knowing why and if they are taking Point Blank they shouldnt use divergent ballista, is worse and more expensive.
In the end you will use whatever you want and you can make it work but again, that doesnt mean is the correct choice.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Last edited by kikeuy on Mar 22, 2021, 5:36:34 PM
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Thinking about trying this as an MF char with sadimas, goldwyrm, and ventors. Any thoughts on modifications to make that work better?

You can equip Windripper and Expedition's End for extra drops. Keep in mind the bow requires 212 Dexterity.
Is it worth it instead of building an specific character for mf? you tell us later please!
Windripper IIQ increase only works on frozen enemies. Is it even remotely feasible to change this to a cold or light/cold dmg ele hit build? I could see it still working with a crafted +lvl bow, but with windripper? Without windripper I'll have the same IIQ as any other non-windripper mf build.

@Ozy, have you considered crown of the tyrant?
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Windripper IIQ increase only works on frozen enemies. Is it even remotely feasible to change this to a cold or light/cold dmg ele hit build? I could see it still working with a crafted +lvl bow, but with windripper? Without windripper I'll have the same IIQ as any other non-windripper mf build.

This is Expedition's End. I recommended it a couple of times , its crazy good for a survivability point of view but also freeze adds another 10% more for EH so its not only a defensive armour.
Woah neat, I didn't even know that existed. I'll play around a bit on pob then try to put something together.
"
jbmcarth wrote:

I think that will work decently for easy damage and life, although I am starting to lack gems I like at that point :) (though an argument can be made to drop the CWDT+IC setup at least)

The warlords influenced blizzard crown got higher potential if crafted right I think, and should be able to yield some alright results with a few fossils. If we assume we already got a good crafted bow that is :)
First of all, big thanks to Vei for the work on this build throughout the league.

I played the Heiro variant last league and farmed to my first ever headhunter with it. Coming back to this league pretty late I've been playing Ascendant and just completed my first awakener kill.

Does anyone have thoughts on Chieftain / Pathfinder as a replacement for Cheiftain/Raider. The loss of onslaught and 10% dodge would probably hurt, but the flask sustain would make endgame bosses a lot easier - more uptime for a diamond flask DPS making up for the onslaught loss?
"
AsuraVaruna wrote:
First of all, big thanks to Vei for the work on this build throughout the league.

I played the Heiro variant last league and farmed to my first ever headhunter with it. Coming back to this league pretty late I've been playing Ascendant and just completed my first awakener kill.

Does anyone have thoughts on Chieftain / Pathfinder as a replacement for Cheiftain/Raider. The loss of onslaught and 10% dodge would probably hurt, but the flask sustain would make endgame bosses a lot easier - more uptime for a diamond flask DPS making up for the onslaught loss?

For me, the raider part is mostly a quality of life for mapping and general content. Good damage and utility mind you even for bosses, but for strictly endgame bosses, the mechanics of the fight is more important than a bit of dodge, phasing and onslaught (pathfinder can get it from bottle anyways), and the other alternatives are great for more damage or flask sustain.

I would try it out, some respec points are cheap enough :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info