[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Its done but probably going to try to get a better crit multi later.

Currently Im using Phantasmal Flame Wall and Divergent Purifying Flame on the autocast from the bow , both linked to lvl 4 Enhance.

Phantasmal Flame Wall with the extra quality from lvl 4 Enhance debuffs the enemies with -22 fire resistance , a little less than wave of conviction but it also adds a lot of flat damage to the totems. The effect is probably more noticeable on a Barrage setup for the ammount of projectiles fired but on my clear seems to be very helpful too , i've never got more than 3 rewards at Simulacrum waves 16-20 on my build before and now I get 5.

Divergent Purifying Flame is like a mini Bottled Faith , creates consecrated ground that increase critical strike chance against enemies(kinda irrelevant if you are using Bottle Faith) but also linked to lvl 4 Enhance makes the enemies on consecrated ground take 11% increased damage (a little more than intimidate!).

Another one i've tried was Cold Snap and you have full Frenzy charges almost all the time while clearing , you can also manually cast Vaal Cold Snap on bosses for Frenzy charge generation. At Simulacrum , link Cold Snap with Spell cascade and you will cover a huge aoe and with so many monsters spawning you can almost constantly spam Phase run without running out of Frenzy charges. With all defensives layers + Phase Run and if you also use Expedition's End which im not exaggerating , feels like cheating with EH totems , you can only die to aoe explosions.

Im having a lot of fun with the setup searching for possible combinations.
I left here a deathless Maven fight so you can see what kind of damage im doing with that setup and as a bonus a clip tanking the Elder ring explosion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSwHulnvVc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE1wcTusV4Q
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
I just started this league and would like to add a tip for the leveling part:

Dreadarc is a lvl 16 weapon that has been working very well for me, as I haven't transitioned into bow and quiver, as it consistently applies flammability and is not bad as an overall weapon (and is cheap as it gets).
So, today I managed to finally kill Sirus A5 (if I understood all this correctly). Great build, my best experience so far. I have learned so much. Now I can't figure out how can I upgrade my equipment without spending dozens of exalts?
"
PanYoba wrote:
So, today I managed to finally kill Sirus A5 (if I understood all this correctly). Great build, my best experience so far. I have learned so much. Now I can't figure out how can I upgrade my equipment without spending dozens of exalts?

Very cheap upgrades would be to quality Berserk gem to 20 and buy an EH 21/0 , vaal your EH 20/20 before , you might get lucky.

The implicit on the gloves have a penalty on the damage , is not that big so they are ok but you will be better with temple gloves:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/KnVmRQDs5

Try checking the empty suffix and unchecking the empty prefix and see if you can get one open suffix cheap gloves and just benchcraft attack speed on them. If you get an open affix craft damage during any flask effect.

Maybe get a normal Quill Rain , harvest enchant crit chance and Hillock tier 3 at research for 28% quality or beast corrupt for 30% quality?

Edit on gloves:
You can make it a lot easier than I said and just craft the damage during flask effect on your gloves.
TBH those gloves are fine , its just that gripped base or temple gloves increase your damage instead of reducing so the implicit on those feels bad but to be clear , it doesnt make a big difference.
Last edited by kikeuy on Mar 2, 2021, 5:16:56 PM
Thanks for the build and all the helpful discussions in this thread. Today i finished Atlas, killed Sirus A8 and Maven.
I went for the Ascendant (Warchief/Raider) Variant, which doesn't feel as league starter friendly, but feels so smooth in lategame.

One thing to note is, that i went for the double curse setup with Breathstealer gauntlets, since those are unique gauntlets that you can anoint.

I know there's still some stuff i could improve, but in this state i'm already very happy how it all turned out.

Last edited by 209617332 on Mar 4, 2021, 6:11:18 AM
Just a small update from me for greedy ones (Frostferno build) :)

Replace kaoms heart with Quant chest (i think its called greeds embrace).
2x Ventor's gamble
HH as a belt
Sadimas touch
Goldwyrm Boots

Proper watchstones (nemesis plus beyond)
Fractured Tower T2 (100% deli on currency base and nemesis fracture mod)

And you are printing exalts like popcorn while solo play:)
Damage is more than enough.
HH is necessary mainly for speed.

To be tested :

Biscos collar (dmg drop because of loosing marylene and shamans dominion)
Will windripper work and trigger quant.

My HP is 5k8 now.
Currently I cant kill shaper and die while trying to. Any suggestion guys? TIA

"
akagisen wrote:

My HP is 5k8 now.

The number one advice to you is to keep practicing , with that gear/character lvl you should kill him easily.

Other things that might help if you are not using them already are to use Major pantheon with soul of Vision of Justice captured + Minor pantheon with soul of Yugul captured(Pantheon combo also helps on Hydra , Uber Elder and Sirus fight). That probably will help you tank a ball if you make the mistake of letting them hit you and probably recover and get out of the way so the other 2 don't kill you and maybe even tank the 3 if you panick and use instant life flasks. That being said the best strategy is stay right under him , the balls dont collide with anything until they move a lot from where they were shoot.
The slam is easy to evade once you get enough experience at the fight , just dont get to hasty too use your movement skill and wait until he appears on top of you.
The beam , just get away out of the beam immediately and you will fine. One little trick if he decide to use the beam right after a bullet hell is to use Berserk + Enduring cry when you see the bullet hell ends(zana make a movement so thats your que) , that way you can avoid accidentally using a movement skill and landing on projectile from bullet hell that can kill you while extra tankiness from Berserk + the regen from Enduring Cry will give a little extra time under the Beam to stay calm and think where to move to avoid the beam and projectiles from bullet hell , in my case that im playing Chieftain , Enduring cry just let me literally face tank the beam even without life flasks as long as my totems are leeching.
Try to place the totems behind him and not on top of you so if he decide to cast the beam totems wont die and you will be dps him without downtime on having to place them all again.
And of course always keep track of the vortex and try to make them explode on the edges of the arena , pay attention before the bullet hell starts and DONT go into bubble right away , walk a little around the arena to check for a vortex an if there is one make it explode before going back to the bubble. You can run circles inside the bubble without the vortex explode if any of them chase you there but the best practice is to make them explode before getting inside the bubble.
Getting a golem on Malachai's ring will help a lot on the dps and since the fight will be shorter you will have a lot less time to make mistakes(the kill fast as you can philosophy) but is not the only way that cheap as duck ring can help.
You can focus on balance the other 2 resistances on your character so they are exactly the same(experienced player might know already where im going). Some quick maffs after you can just buy the Malachai with the resistance you need to make them all the same and then you can use The Wise Oak flask to basically get a 30% less damage taken from the beam (almost the same for Sirus die beam but you also need Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you) + a nice dps bonus from getting fire penetration. Of course you can do the same with a ring other than Malachai, but Malachai let you focus on 2 resist(making it cheaper to get) and the ring itself is very cheap. Lot of people see Malachai ring as a gimmick ring , but those gimmicks pretty damn good.
But again , take number one advice and keep practicing , without changing nothing on your gear and tree you should kill him easily.
Last edited by kikeuy on Mar 4, 2021, 5:50:35 PM
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
akagisen wrote:

My HP is 5k8 now.

The number one advice to you is to keep practicing , with that gear/character lvl you should kill him easily.

Other things that might help if you are not using them already are to use Major pantheon with soul of Vision of Justice captured + Minor pantheon with soul of Yugul captured(Pantheon combo also helps on Hydra , Uber Elder and Sirus fight). That probably will help you tank a ball if you make the mistake of letting them hit you and probably recover and get out of the way so the other 2 don't kill you and maybe even tank the 3 if you panick and use instant life flasks. That being said the best strategy is stay right under him , the balls dont collide with anything until they move a lot from where they were shoot.
The slam is easy to evade once you get enough experience at the fight , just dont get to hasty too use your movement skill and wait until he appears on top of you.
The beam , just get away out of the beam immediately and you will fine. One little trick if he decide to use the beam right after a bullet hell is to use Berserk + Enduring cry when you see the bullet hell ends(zana make a movement so thats your que) , that way you can avoid accidentally using a movement skill and landing on projectile from bullet hell that can kill you while extra tankiness from Berserk + the regen from Enduring Cry will give a little extra time under the Beam to stay calm and think where to move to avoid the beam and projectiles from bullet hell , in my case that im playing Chieftain , Enduring cry just let me literally face tank the beam even without life flasks as long as my totems are leeching.
Try to place the totems behind him and not on top of you so if he decide to cast the beam totems wont die and you will be dps him without downtime on having to place them all again.
And of course always keep track of the vortex and try to make them explode on the edges of the arena , pay attention before the bullet hell starts and DONT go into bubble right away , walk a little around the arena to check for a vortex an if there is one make it explode before going back to the bubble. You can run circles inside the bubble without the vortex explode if any of them chase you there but the best practice is to make them explode before getting inside the bubble.
Getting a golem on Malachai's ring will help a lot on the dps and since the fight will be shorter you will have a lot less time to make mistakes(the kill fast as you can philosophy) but is not the only way that cheap as duck ring can help.
You can focus on balance the other 2 resistances on your character so they are exactly the same(experienced player might know already where im going). Some quick maffs after you can just buy the Malachai with the resistance you need to make them all the same and then you can use The Wise Oak flask to basically get a 30% less damage taken from the beam (almost the same for Sirus die beam but you also need Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you) + a nice dps bonus from getting fire penetration. Of course you can do the same with a ring other than Malachai, but Malachai let you focus on 2 resist(making it cheaper to get) and the ring itself is very cheap. Lot of people see Malachai ring as a gimmick ring , but those gimmicks pretty damn good.
But again , take number one advice and keep practicing , without changing nothing on your gear and tree you should kill him easily.

thanks for the advice.

I just did it. But uber atziri is a problem for me . My damage is not enough to get her down quick. Any suggestion ?
"
akagisen wrote:
Spoiler
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
akagisen wrote:

My HP is 5k8 now.

thanks for the advice.

I just did it. But uber atziri is a problem for me . My damage is not enough to get her down quick. Any suggestion ?

Congratulations , the more you fight him the easier the fight will get.

About Uber Atiziri , it might not be a not enough damage problem , it might be reflect killing your totems fast and then it is more a not enough sustained damage , im playing Chief and totems are immune to reflect so the fight is a lot easier. So the only advice I can give is to be careful with curses you apply to her since she will reflect them back to you and at the split phases try as hard as you can to place your totems on any clone that is not one holding the mirror or else your totems will probably die instantly after hitting her just one time.
Other than that you should wait for tips from some experienced Hiero players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info