[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Hi, Thanks for the build, it's fun.

Are those two last Ascendancies (4a & 4b) are necessary ? i mean i am at lvl 72 with only one ring with -8 mana and lvl 17 gems on T11 maps and don't have an issue with mana even if i hold my finger on totem summon ability.
Last edited by Amir_Ban on Aug 2, 2021, 1:18:28 PM
"
Amir_Ban wrote:

Are those two last Ascendancies (4a & 4b) are necessary ? i mean i am at lvl 72 with only one ring with -8 mana and lvl 17 gems on T11 maps and don't have an issue with mana even if i hold my finger on totem summon ability.

It's not a thing you should rush right away , but it's useful to have more Maximum mana and mana regen . You might feel the mana regen problems on less recovery maps where additional mana regen will help you out to sustain constant spam of totems.
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"
Hey0cean wrote:
After 11 poofs/white sockets/lightning damage leech helmets it happened.

Yaaay UwU

Congrats on the +4!

Very Happy for you! ^_^

"
scorburel wrote:
Hello!
First of all, thanks for the guide, it feels great to play this (this is my second season, still working my way through the Atlas and learning mechanics).

A few questions:
1). Flammability vs Sniper's mark: why chose one vs the other? I saw a few players using a 4-link: Frenzy + greater projectiles + Hextouch + Flammability. This is automated as you say.

Hello!

Actually with the nerfs to damage in 3.15, we now really need as much DPS as we can get thus Flammability isn't really that helpful as it has 66% effectiveness versus normal bosses and 33% effectiveness versus end game bosses and these are the times when we need DPS the most.

I had that Frenzy + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Hextouch + Flammability setup in the guide originally but decided to remove it 2 days ago as I think its not really providing us what we need now.

For the record, that setup is around 100k less Sirus DPS per Totem with the default POB setup which means after multiplying by 7, we are losing 700k Sirus DPS which is definitely not a small amount.

That said if anyone wants to use it, feel free too especially if one just does mapping and don't engage with end game bosses much, Flammability definitely works well for that.

Alternatively, one can also use both also :) (I.e. have both curse setup and use either according to the situation)

"
scorburel wrote:
2). Why do we want to use Marylene's Fallacy amulet? I have a low crit chance atm, and granted, I am still working on the setup / items.

For normal mobs usually we kill them in like 1-2 shots, whether Crit occurs or not, it doesn't really matter right?

For bosses, we don't kill them in 1 second, we kill them over time.

Overtime, DPS(Damage per second), even with low Crit Chance make sense and Marylene gives one of the highest DPS at its Cost Level.

Other than the above, Marylene has Culling Strike, which means we just need to deal 90% of the damage to kill the enemy, which is kind of like we have 111% of our DPS.

It has pure Intelligence for it's implicit, which helps us since Intelligence is our lowest stat and helps us equip a High Level Skitterbot(In the past, we used to need more Int for Combust and (Awakened)Hextouch)

It also just cost just A Few Chaos.

DPS wise it's practically the highest DPS Amulet we can get at just a few Chaos.

I chose Marylene's Fallacy base on what is the best the Amulet Slot can offer at this pricing tier. As you can see above, the reasons why I chosen this amulet.

"
scorburel wrote:
But aren't there better choices in that slot?

Maybe you can let me know what are the better choices for around 2 to 5c? I might have missed some nice ones.

"
scorburel wrote:
3). When/if you have time, please take a look at my character and suggest changes. Currently I am trying to find an aura setup without the Enlighten gem that is too expensive. I will also look for new rings, gloves (uff) and quiver.

The Auras I recommended works fine without the enlighten gem. I don't understand some your Gems(Including their level) and Watcher Eye's choices and I would be honest here, you changed quite a number of things compared to what the guide listed/recommended, probably to test things and learn mechanics.

I don't really have any comments on these variation of yours. The only suggestion I have for you is to follow the guide. There's a reason why I recommend/choose a setup in a certain way in the guide.

Regards

"
Amir_Ban wrote:

Are those two last Ascendancies (4a & 4b) are necessary ? i mean i am at lvl 72 with only one ring with -8 mana and lvl 17 gems and don't have an issue with mana even if i hold my finger on totem summon ability.

Hi,

Yes they are necessary.

The reason for -mana on rings and getting more Mana Regeneration is not because we don't have enough Mana casting our totem.

It's so that we have enough remaining Mana to Cast our Immortal Call when it gets triggered by Cast When Damage Taken.

If you are not experiencing survival issues, etc, then getting these 2 last Ascendancy can be a lower priority.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Aug 2, 2021, 2:26:54 PM
"
Hey0cean wrote:
Yaaay UwU

Congratulations!

I'm on 10 tries now, and all broken or gone.
This is a joke playing like this, I still don't have gear, spent all currency for corruptions and ended up with weak character without helmet, lol :)
Understood, thanks for the reply.
Yes, I tested different setups today, anything to not re-watch an 'atlas 101' guide AGAIN :) I think I will need more weeks /months to process that.
I'll be back to the guide setup in 1-2 days when I get more play time.

Take care.
"
Vei wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:

Yaaay UwU

Congrats on the +4!

Very Happy for you! ^_^

Thank you very much :) Blasting and enjoying the build.
Last edited by Hey0cean on Aug 2, 2021, 3:23:22 PM
"
RawDamage wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:
Yaaay UwU

Congratulations!

I'm on 10 tries now, and all broken or gone.
This is a joke playing like this, I still don't have gear, spent all currency for corruptions and ended up with weak character without helmet, lol :)

Thank you mate :)
Save up some money. Get the +2 frostferno from market and keep gearing other parts of the character.
And when you have some spare currency try to double corrupt. At least it's the way i did it.
Last edited by Hey0cean on Aug 2, 2021, 3:43:23 PM
@Hey0cean and @Vei

Thanks guys <3
"
Amir_Ban wrote:
@Hey0cean and @Vei

Thanks guys <3

You're welcome mate UwU
Not finding any +2 Amulets or Puhuarte Gloves that I'm happy with, I feel a bit stuck with my gear atm. I can beat Sirus but I failed an Elder guardian lmao (hate guardian fights)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info